Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C34's 2015 Depth Chart

vCash

C34's 2015 Depth Chart

Random assholes are putting out depth charts- I will put my educated guess Depth Chart out there heading into Fall Camp:

QB- Dakota Prescott....Staley/Fitzgerald...Williams
    TB- Shumpert...Lee/Williams
    TE- Walley/Hutch
    Slot- Ross/Myles
    WR- Bear/Fred
    WR- Stonehands/Gray
    RT- Senior/Rankin/Robinson
    RG- Desper/Thomas
    C- Clayborn/Johnson
    LG- Malone/Calhoun
    LT- Warren/Jenkins

I think Staley/Fitz overtake Williams and Mullen is not an idiot. He is going to play the guy he thinks will win the job in 2016- and I think he plays Staley/Fitz both to make that decision
    Hev loves Calhoun and Jenkins. Rankin has work to do to get in the rotation. I can tell ya right now- if Warren struggles- Senior is moving to LT. Robinson is insurance because he can be counted on to play 15 snaps a game if need be. Clayborn is so talented and the strongest player on the team- is huge for us playing 3-4 teams because he can handle NG's better
    Morrow is going to be the 2015 RoJo until Gray or Fred proves they are worth starting.
    Shump does it all except hit the hole naturally. Because of that- Lee and Williams get snaps and chances to get more carries. All of our RB's in 2015 are physical- and that makes us a better running team

DE- Jefferson/Dale
    DT- Adams/James/Adams
    DT- Jones/Thomas/Hoyett
    DE- Brown/Coleman
    MLB- Benni B/Dez Harris
    SLB- Richie B/ Gerri G
    WLB- Gray/Jackson
    CB- Redmond/Jiles
    CB- Calhoun/Cleveland
    SS- Coman/Bryant/McLaurin
    F/S- Market/Peters

Our starting DL is very good. Rushing the passer is a concern though. If Nick James continues the progress, he will be a draft pick. Thomas, Fl Adams, and Hoyett need to give us some snaps. R. Brown and Jones have to live to their potential or we got DL problems
    Our starting LB's are as good as it gets. Is Harris healthy? Can Richie bump out vs Bama, UPig, and LSU so we get 3 physical LB's on the field at once?.
    How quickly will Peters and McLaurin catch on?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    My inevitable question about the o-line is in the scenario that you discussed with Senior moving to LT, who plays RT? Do we just flip Warren over there or do we go ahead and start Jenkins?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My inevitable question about the o-line is in the scenario that you discussed with Senior moving to LT, who plays RT? Do we just flip Warren over there or do we go ahead and start Jenkins?
    Rankin.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    My guess is that Hev didnt move Senior to LT because he doesnt want a complete new side starter-wise. Warren has great feet and has the talent to play LT. Does he have the hands? The punch?
    Jenkins left Spring ahead of Rankin. Is Jenkins that ****ing good or is Rankin overrated?
    Calhoun is going to play. He is Gabe Jackson Jr.

I cant freaking wait for August

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I agree with most. We've already had discussions on the OT spots but Martinas will get his shot at LT in fall camp as will Elgton. If Rufus is starting Week 1 he's earned it & is the man for the job. He has the physical attributes. I'll say with a lot of confidence that Damian Robinson won't play a meaningful snap this season. I also think Fred Brown will start at the other WR over Joe. Calvin will be the backup to Jefferson. You said going into camp mine is going into Week 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    My guess is that Hev didnt move Senior to LT because he doesnt want a complete new side starter-wise. Warren has great feet and has the talent to play LT. Does he have the hands? The punch?
    Jenkins left Spring ahead of Rankin. Is Jenkins that ****ing good or is Rankin overrated?
    Calhoun is going to play. He is Gabe Jackson Jr.

I cant freaking wait for August
    Even if Jenkins beats out Rankin, I'm not sure that would necessarily mean that Rankin is overrated. Hevesey likes to develop guys and I think it's hard for someone to just come in and play right away unless we have a major hole with no depth- like when we had Siddoway at RT.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rankin is redshirted- like Jocquell Johnson was last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I agree with most. We've already had discussions on the OT spots but Martinas will get his shot at LT in fall camp as will Elgton. If Rufus is starting Week 1 he's earned it & is the man for the job. He has the physical attributes. I'll say with a lot of confidence that Damian Robinson won't play a meaningful snap this season. I also think Fred Brown will start at the other WR over Joe. Calvin will be the backup to Jefferson. You said going into camp mine is going into Week 1.
    With Dan, I think there is a difference between starting and getting the most reps. Basically being a starter for us just means you get to say your name on the JumboTron before the game.

I could see Morrow and Robinson "starting" basically because they are seniors but Brown and whomever at RT getting the most reps. I think the same thing happens with Market to an extent as well if he's not all that healthy.

vCash
    With Dan, I think there is a difference between starting and getting the most reps. Basically being a starter for us just means you get to say your name on the JumboTron before the game.

I could see Morrow and Robinson "starting" basically because they are seniors but Brown and whomever at RT getting the most reps. I think the same thing happens with Market to an extent as well if he's not all that healthy.
    I could see Morrow starting bc the talent gap isn't much between he & Fred. Damian won't play.

vCash
    Even if Jenkins beats out Rankin, I'm not sure that would necessarily mean that Rankin is overrated. Hevesey likes to develop guys and I think it's hard for someone to just come in and play right away unless we have a major hole with no depth- like when we had Siddoway at RT.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rankin is redshirted- like Jocquell Johnson was last year.
    Todd- one of your most insightful posts

If Warren and Senior hold the starting OT spots- then you will see a push to RS Rankin. Why play Rankin here and there when he can start at OT in 2016 and 2017. Play Jenkins at OT3- and RS Rankin for the future.

This could easily happen

vCash
    Todd- one of your most insightful posts

If Warren and Senior hold the starting OT spots- then you will see a push to RS Rankin. Why play Rankin here and there when he can start at OT in 2016 and 2017. Play Jenkins at OT3- and RS Rankin for the future.

This could easily happen
    If Warren & Senior stay healthy it could happen & I wouldn't be opposed to it. Fall camp & the 1st few games will tell the tale.

vCash
    Good stuff Coach. So you think Benny will be MLB and Richie outside? I thought Richie was MLB with Gerri as backup....no doubt Benny could play any LB position and excel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Good stuff Coach. So you think Benny will be MLB and Richie outside? I thought Richie was MLB with Gerri as backup....no doubt Benny could play any LB position and excel
    Benni is the man in the middle- Richie is twice the coverage LB Benni is

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Not that there's anything wrong with it, but is Richie Cam Lawrence 2.0? I loved Cam's game, but against some of the more physical teams he was 'better in coverage'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I could see Morrow starting bc the talent gap isn't much between he & Fred. Damian won't play.
    I think Damien will play some- and I agree with whomever said he will get like 10-15 snaps a game. If we thought he wouldn't play at all, why would we ask him back for a sixth year? We might as well process him and let Jenkins get his snaps rather than have him taking up a roster spot. He's essentially a poor man's Tobias Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with it, but is Richie Cam Lawrence 2.0? I loved Cam's game, but against some of the more physical teams he was 'better in coverage'.
    To me it looked like Richie had bulked up some in the spring game. Richie is listed as being about 15 pounds heavier than Cam was when he played for us. FWIW. So, hopefully he will be better in run support this year.

vCash
    I thought that was a typo, but you really think that? Benni has never played a snap at mike and Richie never a snap on the outside, but you really think they switch at this point? Even after Richie at mike and Benni on the outside all spring? And Gerri and Dez switch too? I don't see that happening.

vCash
    My ONLY adjustment is that cole carter will be in the two deep on the ol somewhere.

I know this based on the fact i got to be at quite a few practices over the last two years and the lineman hevesy seemed to focus on was cole. Its no exaggeration to say that happened in every practice. Cole is hevesy's project and he'll get his shot.

I also think we see more defensive injuries this year. Mainly due to fatigue. Partially due to the idea that most have never played a full game.

A year ago id have told you that the 2016 season looked bleak with all we stand to lose, but im backing off that now. Our depth may be a worry for some, but ours is damn strong considering how much we lost this past year.

I do not expect non mau fans to see this.

vCash
    Richie has always had the body type to play LB. Cam was a QB/S who had to bulk up to play Lb, so that isn't really a good comparison. Richie knocks people backwards when he hits them, unlike Cam who made a lot of tackles downfield

vCash
    I think Damien will play some- and I agree with whomever said he will get like 10-15 snaps a game. If we thought he wouldn't play at all, why would we ask him back for a sixth year? We might as well process him and let Jenkins get his snaps rather than have him taking up a roster spot. He's essentially a poor man's Tobias Smith.
    We didn't ask him back he chose to come back. I'll be more than shocked if he plays any meaningful snaps. If I'm wrong I don't mind saying I was I just don't think I will be.

vCash
    To me it looked like Richie had bulked up some in the spring game. Richie is listed as being about 15 pounds heavier than Cam was when he played for us. FWIW. So, hopefully he will be better in run support this year.
    FWIW, I noticed Richie was listed at 245 on the roster in the media guide that came out yesterday. So you may be right...