Thread: Mississippi State's 2015 Vegas Odds

vCash

Mississippi State's 2015 Vegas Odds

Hey guys,

A bunch of college football odds have been released for the 2015 season. Here's what Vegas has for Mississippi State:

Win SEC: +2500
    Win SEC West: +1500
    Win Title: +8200
    Win Total is 7

I broke down the early point spreads Vegas released on each game, translated it into expected win percentage on my site at:

http://www.boydsbets.com/mississippi...l-predictions/

And it's showing 7.25 expected wins.

The Bulldogs are decent sized underdogs at Arkansas, Auburn, Missouri and A&M.

The early game that will set the tone is LSU where they are less than a field goal underdog.

The question I have for you is: Do you think there is any value with the win total or with the other futures odds?

vCash
    If 7 is the line, that means 6-6 has to beat you. I'd take the over for a dime.

vCash
    Only way this team wins less than 9 is if Prescott gets hurt. The 2015 offense will be one of the 3 best in the history of the SEC.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Only way this team wins less than 9 is if Prescott gets hurt. The 2015 offense will be one of the 3 best in the history of the SEC.
    Setting some lofty expectations for a tough schedule IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    7 home wins + Southern Miss = only need 1 more win from an away conference game to get 9.

We go 10-2 or 11-1.. win the West depending on who the losses are to/tiebreakers.

vCash
    I think we need to let Mr. Boyd know he's right. Seven wins is about the best we can expect. Heck, we'd be lucky to go 6-6.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoydsBets View Post
    The Bulldogs are decent sized underdogs at Arkansas, Auburn, Missouri and A&M.

The early game that will set the tone is LSU where they are less than a field goal underdog.

The question I have for you is: Do you think there is any value with the win total or with the other futures odds?
    Little to none. The odds seem to be based on the fact that MSU will backtrack because of it's loss of talented players on defense to the NFL. Arkansas lost a great deal on the defense. A&M decided to not field a defense last year. To have us as 'decent size' underdogs in those games is the recipe for you to take some losses if you are taking those bets.

I know it's tough seeing a non traditional power SEC team maintain success for more than one year while the LSU's, Bama's, and A&M's struggle to maintain, but it is the case. Auburn is a decent choice to make the final 4 this coming fall. LSU and A&M will struggle to improve by a game over last season. Arkansas is steady and will be improved as they did at the end of last season but they wont beat MSU by much this year if they do. Missouri is the same. Solid east team, but will struggle against State even at home. If I had the discretionary income, I'd clean your clock on MSU to cover in the Arkansas, Missouri and A&M games.

Ole Miss is just going to disappoint you this year and it's not because of the recent troubles. They will struggle to effectively score with a below average running game and a 1st year system qb. LSU is going to crap the bed. Bama will be a good team, but not bama standards good. Auburn is the best bet of the west in my opinion, but they wont be unbeatable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Good teams with great QB's dont lose at home. And this is a great year to get Bammer at home.

We have a week off to get ready at Mizzou
    Auburn plays LSU the week before us
    A&M is soft- we have to go be physical and outscore them

We have the players- we have to get it done
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Talk about how little the mags and Vegas evaluate our program. Past years, we have nothing but 2 stars and even a walk-on starting in the line. Now last year through heart, dedication, hard work, development, and Dan's plan, we cannot replace these same 13 players who have a good chance to make NFL rosters. Let them under estimate us again. As Dan said b4 the LSU game, they still don't know what going to hit them again in 2015. Go State.

vCash
    Enjoyed the Over/Under opinion pieces in the link. It's a tough schedule, but like one of those writers says, we've got a chance in every game.

vCash
    Boyd, each teams assessment is hard for me to argue. Your predictions are probably the most rational I've read of any prognosticator. My prediction is MSU 9-3. Yes, I would wager a substantial amount of cash on being 'over' seven wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Boyd, each teams assessment is hard for me to argue. Your predictions are probably the most rational I've read of any prognosticator. My prediction is MSU 9-3. Yes, I would wager a substantial amount of cash on being 'over' seven wins.
    Very much like the way the info is presented. Detailed yet clear and easy to access.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Good teams with great QB's dont lose at home.
    Eli at home against LSU disagrees.