Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flab's Tunsil hypothesis

vCash

Flab's Tunsil hypothesis

According to Wikipedia, NFL agents get up to 3% of their client's salary. The NFL caps that commission to 3%. They also get upwards of 20% of player endorsements.

By some accounts, Tunsil could be the #1 pick in the draft. 3% of the 2015 #1 picks's salary would be about $700k. So Tunsil's agent easily stands to make $500,000 to $700,000. And that's just Tunsil's first contract. If Tunsil stays with the agent, he gets more than that in contract 2 after about 4 years. OL don't get much in endorsements, so I'll neglect that.

Ol Flab here has been asing questions for a week, collecting facts, and considering many scenarios. Here is what I think is likely happening in the Tunsil story. This is just my leading hypothesis. I am making no accusations. I'm taking a guess at what has happened to now and what will happen in the future. The following is completely fictious..unless it becomes true.

Lots of agents are trying to win Tunsil. Its crootin season all over again.

Stepdad was offered a commision to win Tunsil's signature. Probably six figures. Let's call it $100k. Stepdad has 100,000 reasons to get Tunsil to sign with "the right agent".

Stepdad and Tunsil argued over agents. Tunsil found out, probably from another agent, that Stepdad's influence had been bought. They get in a fight. Tunsil beats the crap out of Stepdad.

Stepdad sees his $100,000 evaporating and is absolutely livid. Stepdad seeks to burn Tunsil as much as possible.

Tunsil's draft status is already locked up. He's going to go where he's going to go no matter if he plays this year or not.

So Stepdad can't do any real damage to Tunsil, but he's going to make as much noise as possible. He's going to expose everything he knows in regards to Tunsil and the Ole Miss crootin machine. He probably doesn't know dirt on other players. But he's going to make Tunsil sit out of football this season.

Tunsil is declared ineligible and never plays another down of college football. Nothing else happens to Ole Miss. No probabtion, nothing.

Ole Miss finished the regular season 7-5 and has a top 10 recruiting class in 2016.
    Last edited by FlabLoser; 07-04-2015 at 02:01 AM.

vCash
    Seems sensible.

vCash
    I'd say plausible, not probable.

Om's problems will be bigger if NCAA digs deeper. It will shine a bright light on next feb. I don't think this costs Tunsil more than a game.

USC, and UNC might raise hell that the SEC is getting off light. Which may cause a bit more pressure to be put on investigators to work harder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post

Om's problems will be bigger if NCAA digs deeper. It will shine a bright light on next feb. I don't think this costs Tunsil more than a game.

USC, and UNC might raise hell that the SEC is getting off light. Which may cause a bit more pressure to be put on investigators to work harder.
    This could be the SEC sacrificial lamb we can only hope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordawg View Post
    This could be the SEC sacrificial lamb we can only hope
    Possible. You know they won't let one of the big boys be it.

vCash
    Here's what I think will happen. When the NCAA starts digging into other things, Ole Miss will throw Tunsil under the bus and act like they knew nothing of what was going on. The NCAA will likely accept this and move on. Tunsil doesn't play, which honestly is probably what he desires anyway. He goes down to IMG in Florida and prepares for the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post

It might depend on how many of the network guys that were involved with Tunsil were involved with the other big recruits. I'd say it's likely that some of the same people were involved with the other players. It just depends on how many nukes Miller has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Here's what I think will happen. When the NCAA starts digging into other things, Ole Miss will throw Tunsil under the bus and act like they knew nothing of what was going on. The NCAA will likely accept this and move on. Tunsil doesn't play, which honestly is probably what he desires anyway. He goes down to IMG in Florida and prepares for the draft.
    They might do that. But on the other hand they've gotten away with so much I expect them to fight to the bitter end. They've got way too much invested in Tunsil, Nkemdiche, Treadwell, and Conner and Freeze knows that there is probably a good chance his career is going to get smeared anyway so he doesn't have anything to lose either. Especially if he has managed his money decently.

Banned
    vCash
    The Ole Miss lawyers will hang Miller because he sold the pics to TMZ. That was a stupid ass move on his part. If he really wanted to get OM in hot water he would have went straight to the NCAA. He will be discredited because of that move. Nothing substantial will happen to OM. Will Tunsil play this year? I'd say there's still a 98% chance. Jmo

vCash
    I dont think the NCAA looks at the selling of pics to TMZ as discrediting him at all. He will tell them what he has, and they will collect info from Tunsil to see if it matches. Its not difficult
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Don't let your Bear buddies tell you that. They aren't lawyers just because they went to Ole Miss and now sell insurance for State Farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by 843dawg View Post
    The Ole Miss lawyers will hang Miller because he sold the pics to TMZ. That was a stupid ass move on his part. If he really wanted to get OM in hot water he would have went straight to the NCAA. He will be discredited because of that move. Nothing substantial will happen to OM. Will Tunsil play this year? I'd say there's still a 98% chance. Jmo

vCash
    When olemiss bought tunsil out from under georgia, wasn't georgia's president a big wig in the ncaa and might still be?

There was a lot of angst from many schools when olemiss put on that show, complete with dramatics on espn from a coach who was in his first year in the big time. It wasn't just us that was bitching. If Georgia's president is still in a position of influence, this might be what they are looking for to go after olemiss. And lo and behold it is Tunsil that got it started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 843dawg View Post
    This is complete ignorance. Not stupidity, but ignorance.

Miller selling pictures to TMZ has & will have absolutely NOTHING to do with the outcome of this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    When olemiss bought tunsil out from under georgia, wasn't georgia's president a big wig in the ncaa and might still be?

There was a lot of angst from many schools when olemiss put on that show, complete with dramatics on espn from a coach who was in his first year in the big time. It wasn't just us that was bitching. If Georgia's president is still in a position of influence, this might be what they are looking for to go after olemiss. And lo and behold it is Tunsil that got it started.
    And as I like to point out we still kept them from getting Jones, Shumpert, and Jake Thomas- all whom they wanted really bad.

vCash
    Ruh, Roh

Miller Mrosek ‏@mrosekNFL 5m5 minutes ago
    Rumor was Laremy Tunsil flipped from UGA to Ole Miss after they offered 100K and Natl. Champ. tix. His stepfather is now backing that claim.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-04-2015 at 10:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is complete ignorance. Not stupidity, but ignorance.

Miller selling pictures to TMZ has & will have absolutely NOTHING to do with the outcome of this case.
    If USC with their connections and lawyers and AD who is a former Rhodes Scholar can get put on probation, Ole Miss sure as hell can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post

You are thinking of Michael Adams. He left the NCAA and is now chancellor of Pepperdine. After the beating he took from UGA after the Harrick disaster and not renewing Dooley's contract, I don't think he will care that much about it

vCash
    Ruh, Roh

Rumor was Laremy Tunsil flipped from UGA to Ole Miss after they offered 100K and Natl. Champ. tix. His stepfather is now backing that claim.

vCash
    Ruh, Roh

https://vine.co/v/hMY2Ehd969a
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Ruh, Roh

This is where the Bears show they are not ready to play the game with the big boys. Bama and Auburn would have paid this guy off before pictures were sent to TMZ and the NCAA got involved.