Thread: Grayson Gunter to Arkansas

vCash

Grayson Gunter to Arkansas

I know some on here think it's ok....no loss. Others I think wanted him. He wasn't goin to State though if his family hated State as much as it's been stated on here the couple times I saw it.
    Last edited by MSUDawg99; 06-24-2015 at 11:36 AM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Good fit for him.

vCash
    Good for him. I'm not sure why he's been mentioned here so much to be honest.

vCash
    I agree that he wasn't coming to MSU. Freezus will flip him in the 11th hour if he has a big senior year and claim some sort of victory. He has family or really close relatives that post on the Spirit. There was zero chance that he would end up in Starkville.

vCash
    I'm telling you even though it didn't matter, State was his second choice. Great kid. His dad is very proud of him. Wish him all the best.

vCash
    6'6" and 230. He will be 245 to 250 by his sop year. I think he is more suited for Arkansas. Also I don't think Ole Miss will try to flip him until he gets two more stars by his name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    6'6" and 230. He will be 245 to 250 by his sop year. I think he is more suited for Arkansas. Also I don't think Ole Miss will try to flip him until he gets two more stars by his name.
    So what is he? a tight end?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    So what is he? a tight end?
    I am almost certain he is. rivals has him as a 2stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    I'm telling you even though it didn't matter, State was his second choice. Great kid. His dad is very proud of him. Wish him all the best.
    We are second because he has 2 SEC offers. If OM offers we will be third on his list, and so on, you get where I'm going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailmari View Post
    Good for him. I'm not sure why he's been mentioned here so much to be honest.
    Paul wrote an article about him after we offered and it sounded like he was about to commit. And then people started to tell the truth of the situation.

I think it probably would have been Sean Rawlings 2.0.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    We are second because he has 2 SEC offers. If OM offers we will be third on his list, and so on, you get where I'm going.
    Maybe, but his dad told me the Bears were third. I believe him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Paul wrote an article about him after we offered and it sounded like he was about to commit. And then people started to tell the truth of the situation.

I think it probably would have been Sean Rawlings 2.0.
    BING..GO. Used the exact terminology with some people. But that was before Arkansas offered. He was gone when that happened. State being his only SEC offer is THE ONLY way he would have signed.

vCash
    He will probably end up being an okay, not great, but okay player. I was actually sorta hoping OM would burn a scholly on him. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me when they inevitably miss out on some of the bigger name recruits that they flip him at the last hour to try to win the press conference and save grace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RealHastings View Post
    He will probably end up being an okay, not great, but okay player. I was actually sorta hoping OM would burn a scholly on him. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me when they inevitably miss out on some of the bigger name recruits that they flip him at the last hour to try to win the press conference and save grace.
    I don't know- they have two TE's committed already and they're not dropping Cooley. I guess they might drop Gabe Angel, but I doubt it.

I take it that they were trying to gray shirt him and basically see if they could essentially get him to "walk-on" on a Matt Luke scholarship from a booster. Plus, it would have pushed him back to Jack Walker's class which might have helped with him at least in their mind.

Some of their legacies and guys that grew up Ole Miss fans are willing to "walk-on" to help the team out.