Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Football Commit

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash

New Football Commit

Cameron Dantzler DB from Hammond, LA. Camped last week & was offered. Came back up today with his family to commit to Mullen personally. Also had offers from Cincinnati, Texas Texh, Utah, Louisiana Tech, & others.

vCash
    Really good player and get. I couldn't be happier with he, Morgan Walker, and Allen as our CB commits. Now we wait out Knott but with these three on board I feel really good about CB regardless

vCash
    All 3 CBs are LA guys, interesting. Looked like Dantzler is a pretty good athlete. Won state in the long jump, 2nd in triple jump or something like that. Good stuff.

vCash
    He showed out last week. Big pick-up for us
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Heavily compared to a Jonathon Banks fellow..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailmari View Post
    Heavily compared to a Jonathon Banks fellow..
    Has anyone noticed how we compare every DB commit to Jonathon Banks?

Not saying it's not a good comp, but we've got to find some new names.

Every RB commit we get gets compared to Dixon, every WR is compared to Moulds, every LB is compared to KJ Wright, & every DL is compared to Cox

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Well these are arguably the best to play at the positions we've had...what's the problem?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Every RB commit we get gets compared to Dixon, every WR is compared to Moulds, every LB is compared to KJ Wright, & every DL is compared to Cox
    Well when Mullen does it himself what are we supposed to do? Mullen told Dantzler he plays & looks like Banks fans didn't make it up.

vCash
    I prefer out RBs compared to JJ Johnson. I like Boobie, but JJ was a tough SOB!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Well when Mullen does it himself what are we supposed to do? Mullen told Dantzler he plays & looks like Banks fans didn't make it up.
    I didn't realize you said that about Dantzler. In any event, I like having a range of player to compare these guys to so that can actually get a clearer picture of the type of player he will be.

For example: I'm sure we've had someone on here compare Bear to Moulds, when they are virtually nothing alike. However, if you compare Bear to Kelvin Benjamin, then we have a clearer picture of what type of player he is.

vCash
    I didn't realize you said that about Dantzler. In any event, I like having a range of player to compare these guys to so that can actually get a clearer picture of the type of player he will be.

For example: I'm sure we've had someone on here compare Bear to Moulds, when they are virtually nothing alike. However, if you compare Bear to Kelvin Benjamin, then we have a clearer picture of what type of player he is.
    I agree with you on that part. On this 1 comparing Dantzler to Banks is actually accurate. Both around 6'2" 165-170lbs very athletic & versatile.

vCash

Well, those guys set the standard. Who else are we supposed to compare them to? Hope they live up to?

vCash

For example: I'm sure we've had someone on here compare Bear to Moulds, when they are virtually nothing alike.
    I don't think we have.

vCash

Dantzler is a faster, smarter, taller, different raced Brian Hutson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Original48 View Post
    Dantzler is a faster, smarter, taller, different raced Brian Hutson.
    Should be a beast on American Gladiator then

vCash
    This kid compares to Deion sanders only better. That better? haha

vCash

What?? I can't remember the last time I saw someone compare any of our recent RB recruits to Dixon. Can't remember WR's compared to Moulds, maybe one or two LB's to KJ, perhaps a couple to Cox. But for the most part, seems to me really rare those comparisons are made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Cameron Dantzler DB from Hammond, LA. Camped last week & was offered. Came back up today with his family to commit to Mullen personally. Also had offers from Cincinnati, Texas Texh, Utah, Louisiana Tech, & others.
    You can stop talking about yourself in the 3rd person, Dan. We all know it's you.

That said, I get really excited about these early 3 star commits that not many have heard about. They've been our bread and butter.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I prefer out RBs compared to JJ Johnson. I like Boobie, but JJ was a tough SOB!
    I agree. 6'2" 230 pounds of badass. The dude almost carried us to the SEC West title all by himself. Plus, he was an ex-marine which makes him even more badass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ray Valentine View Post
    Should be a beast on American Gladiator then
    Brian Hutson was on American Galdiator? Did not know that.