vCash

Pickett agreed to contract with Phillies

Per him on Twitter.

vCash
    We didn't have room anyway*

vCash
    Good. Now we can replace him.

vCash
    Phils also drafted Mark Laird from LSU. Pickett couldn't handle Colorado high school pitching how in the hell is he going to hit professional pitchers. Laird is 5 times the player he is and has hit SEC pitching for 4 years, gone to Omaha twice, and may win a national championship. Friend of mine who plays for the Rockies says the minor league road trips are great especially Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming. Hopefully Laird jumps Sandbergs ass and he can be our qb in 4 years.

vCash
    Wow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RBritt View Post
    Phils also drafted Mark Laird from LSU. Pickett couldn't handle Colorado high school pitching how in the hell is he going to hit professional pitchers. Laird is 5 times the player he is and has hit SEC pitching for 4 years, gone to Omaha twice, and may win a national championship. Friend of mine who plays for the Rockies says the minor league road trips are great especially Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming. Hopefully Laird jumps Sandbergs ass and he can be our qb in 4 years.
    Go smoke a joint man. Or pop a Xanax. Maybe a 6 pack.
    It's gonna be ok

vCash
    Just stating the facts. Im crossing my fingers but I expect Hump, Rooker, and Gordon to be our home run hitters.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RBritt View Post
    Just stating the facts. Im crossing my fingers but I expect Hump, Rooker, and Gordon to be our home run hitters.
    Does Gordon really have legit power or are we equating his bigness with it? He only hit 3 as a senior

vCash
    Gordon has tremendous power as a left side hitter. He's a dead pull hitter though. Needs to learn to use a little more of the field and needs ABs against SEC comp so there's still a transition going forward. Will be a good one if given enough opportunity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Gordon has tremendous power as a left side hitter. He's a dead pull hitter though. Needs to learn to use a little more of the field and needs ABs against SEC comp so there's still a transition going forward. Will be a good one if given enough opportunity.
    Agree. But he's the kind of player we should be recruiting more of.

vCash
    Well this one just hurt because we thought he was coming and we had dodged a bullet and then had the rug pulled from under us. Be curious how much they were able to overpay the slot to get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Would be nice if we just let Gordon continue to be a "pull hitter with power". Unfortunately we'll have him peppering the L-screen all summer and he'll be a "spray it all over the field" guy with a lack of power in no time.

Someone asked me today how Rea wasn't drafted. I said there isn't a market for a 6'5 300 pound slap hitter in MLB. There is absolutely zero excuse for Rea to have only hit 5 bombs this year. Sikes Orvis chuckles at Rea's homerun total.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Would be nice if we just let Gordon continue to be a "pull hitter with power". Unfortunately we'll have him peppering the L-screen all summer and he'll be a "spray it all over the field" guy with a lack of power in no time.

Someone asked me today how Rea wasn't drafted. I said there isn't a market for a 6'5 300 pound slap hitter in MLB. There is absolutely zero excuse for Rea to have only hit 5 bombs this year. Sikes Orvis chuckles at Rea's homerun total.
    Guys being dead pull hitters only and not using the whole field are a big reason why offense is down across baseball. If you use the whole field you will be a better hitter- and you'll actually hit with more power if you are a power hitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Guys being dead pull hitters only and not using the whole field are a big reason why offense is down across baseball. If you use the whole field you will be a better hitter- and you'll actually hit with more power if you are a power hitter.
    Not saying I want a team full of pull hitters...I'm saying if he is a pull hitter and is a source of power, don't **** it up. Kyle Martin and several other "pull hitters with power" have made quite a living watching teams shift defense on them. If that's Gordon, I'll take it.

vCash
    Not saying I want a team full of pull hitters...I'm saying if he is a pull hitter and is a source of power, don't **** it up. Kyle Martin and several other "pull hitters with power" have made quite a living watching teams shift defense on them. If that's Gordon, I'll take it.
    A power hitter that can use the whole field and thus hits for a higher average will hit for more power and be more productive. Ask Albert Pujols how using the whole field hurt his power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    A power hitter that can use the whole field and thus hits for a higher average will hit for more power and be more productive. Ask Albert Pujols how using the whole field hurt his power.
    I know. I'm not disagreeing with that. But we don't have much power, so don't mess with the power we DO have. That's all I'm saying. Not recommending pull hitting

vCash
    I know. I'm not disagreeing with that. But we don't have much power, so don't mess with the power we DO have. That's all I'm saying. Not recommending pull hitting
    I don't care if the batter is pulling or going opposite field. I just want some hitters that are willing to swing with runners are in scoring position and esp with the bases loaded. It seemed our guys were just looking for walks instead of being aggressive last year

Banned
    vCash

That's not a Cohen thing, that's a Rea thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star View Post
    That's not a Cohen thing, that's a Rea thing.
    Then it SHOULD have been a Cohen thing. Is he not the coach? Then COACH him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't care if the batter is pulling or going opposite field. I just want some hitters that are willing to swing with runners are in scoring position and esp with the bases loaded. It seemed our guys were just looking for walks instead of being aggressive last year
    Exactly my point.