Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I dont care how- but it better improve in 2016

vCash

I dont care how- but it better improve in 2016

Ive watched all of this shit I can watch this Spring. I'm done
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    But Coach you just said the other day we need to chill out and quit acting like its 1985. I'm just saying.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    If we open a new Dudy Noble in 2017 or 2018, I can't see christening a new stadium with Cohen if he puts this same shitshow on display next year and/or the next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    But Coach you just said the other day we need to chill out and quit acting like its 1985. I'm just saying.
    What I said the other day is 100% true

And what I am saying today is true- 1 down year happens. 2 years not so much. This shit better get fixed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    If we open a new Dudy Noble in 2017 or 2018, I can't see christening a new stadium with Cohen if he puts this same shitshow on display next year and/or the next.
    Next year is Dudy Noble's last as is. Who the coach is doesnt matter. It's getting built

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well you lasted longer than me. I can tell by the threads on here that we are losing tonight but I'm not watching it nor have I done anything to even check the score.

vCash
    They say a coach can rarely ever win back fans and Cohen has lost a large number of the fans this year. Even if he has a good year next year, the next bad year he has, he is gone. Why don't we just clean house now? It sure as hell worked out with basketball, and we damn sure have a better program to sell in baseball than we did in basketball. I know that in baseball you can turn things around quickly, and Cohen isn't getting fired this year, but what is it going to take to get MSU back to an elite team? Do we really believe Cohen can do that? I'm not talking about getting hot at the right time. I'm talking about expecting to compete for the SEC title, hosting regionals most years, and dominating Ole Miss like they are doing to us now. MSU baseball has the resources to do this, but do we have the coach?

vCash

vCash
    Here's an idea, lose the cute shirts, the stupid bench mob, and all the crap and get some tough nosed players.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lfl View Post
    What is it going to take to get MSU back to an elite team? Do we really believe Cohen can do that? I'm not talking about getting hot at the right time. I'm talking about expecting to compete for the SEC title, hosting regionals most years, and dominating Ole Miss like they are doing to us now. MSU baseball has the resources to do this, but do we have the coach?
    I think we all know deep down the answer to that question. Any asshole can get hot, but the numbers we ran show hosting is the key to Omaha and SUSTAINED success, and Cohen will never do that with regularity.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Next year is Dudy Noble's last as is. Who the coach is doesnt matter. It's getting built
    I wasn't saying it wasn't getting built. I was saying I can't see Cohen being the coach if he puts this shitshow on the field again next year.

vCash
    Reynolds and Houston are giving me a little hope for next season. They're coming on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I think we all know deep down the answer to that question. Any asshole can get hot, but the numbers we ran show hosting is the key to Omaha and SUSTAINED success, and Cohen will never do that with regularity.
    Cohen has finished in the final 16 2 of the last 4 years...thats solid. He just better not miss the NCAA's 2 years straight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    As much as we make fun of Bianco, the fact is he kills it when it comes to hosting. There's a reason they've been the better program over the course of the last 10-12 years, and it starts with hosting. F you Cohen and Polk II that I even have to think those words, much less actually "say" them.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    We will be better by the plain fact Cohen will be fired if we aren't dramatically better. I'm really talking offense, Butch will be fine with the talent coming in. But hitters better be coming and they better be hitting HRs. This is Crooms offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lfl View Post
    They say a coach can rarely ever win back fans and Cohen has lost a large number of the fans this year. Even if he has a good year next year, the next bad year he has, he is gone. Why don't we just clean house now? It sure as hell worked out with basketball, and we damn sure have a better program to sell in baseball than we did in basketball. I know that in baseball you can turn things around quickly, and Cohen isn't getting fired this year, but what is it going to take to get MSU back to an elite team? Do we really believe Cohen can do that? I'm not talking about getting hot at the right time. I'm talking about expecting to compete for the SEC title, hosting regionals most years, and dominating Ole Miss like they are doing to us now. MSU baseball has the resources to do this, but do we have the coach?
    It's very simple. Our pitching needs to get better. Bitch about the offense all y'all want, but the pitching has killed us this year.

To be elite, we have to get elite pitching. I loved Holder, Lindgren, and even Ross until he started to wear a skirt and play cheerleader- but we've got to have 2-3 Chris Stratton's to win championships. And we need them to be elite before their junior year. We've got to find a way to get the Ethan Small, Gray Fenter, Kale Breaux, etc. to come to school.

Look at Vanderbilt. They really don't get a ton of elite hitters- and sure, they get a Pedro Alvarez and people like that from time to time but the guys that they do land really well are elite pitchers.

You look at our rotation now- it's a JUCO, a former walk-on, and a sophomore who will be good- but isn't quite refined yet. And yes, our bullpen is a trainwreck for the most part, but even with a good bullpen we're only going to go so far with that rotation.

In the past we've missed out on a couple like Touki Touissant and Dylan Cease in terms of getting a commitment from them, but we're starting to at least get commitments from them now. You've got the guys I mentioned above and then the next class has Mitchell Miller and Chad Spea in it. And then once we get the commitments, then we have to get the to school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    As much as we make fun of Bianco, the fact is he kills it when it comes to hosting. There's a reason they've been the better program over the course of the last 10-12 years, and it starts with hosting. F you Cohen and Polk II that I even have to think those words, much less actually "say" them.
    That's more about Godwin than it is hosting regionals. Especially since we've hosted the exact same amount of regionals that Ole Miss has the past five years. The five-seven years before that since you mentioned 10-12 was more about Polk II.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    We will be better by the plain fact Cohen will be fired if we aren't dramatically better. I'm really talking offense, Butch will be fine with the talent coming in. But hitters better be coming and they better be hitting HRs. This is Crooms offense.
    You know it's bad when MsStateBaseball is equating our baseball offense to Crxxm's offense. Cohen is on the verge of losing even the most loyal, maroon kool-aid drinking amongst us.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's more about Godwin than it is hosting regionals. Especially since we've hosted the exact same amount of regionals that Ole Miss has the past five years. The five-seven years before that since you mentioned 10-12 was more about Polk II.
    And I mentioned Polk II. Fact of the matter is, they've passed us outside of a three week run two years ago. That's on Polk AND Cohen, like it or not. And it ain't all Godwin, either. A certain Dan McDonnell at Louisville played a big part. Truth is Bianco is good at hiring great assistants to help him run the ship. That's what good coaches do and he has to get credit for seeing the talent and hiring them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    You know it's bad when MsStateBaseball is equating our baseball offense to Crxxm's offense. Cohen is on the verge of losing even the most loyal, maroon kool-aid drinking amongst us.
    The biggest thing that concerns me about Cohen right now is me hearing shit about our guys skipping out on work outs and things like that. That's unacceptable and explains why I'm in better shape than half of them. It's also puzzling given Cohen's intensity.

If you suck, suck putting the work in to be the best you can. That's why I'm so pissed at our players. Honestly, I feel like if you have two competitors and one of them works out and does what they are supposed to and the other is skipping out on work outs, that can sometimes ultimately be the difference in winning or losing a game. That may sound cheesy, but the work outs are designed to maximize player performance. And when we can't quite get to a ball that goes in for a hit- maybe that missed flexibility work out made the difference there. At the very least I believe hard work is rewarded. And I would tell every one of those mother ****ers to their face that they are getting what they deserve. Including Cohen too.

In MLB, they have to work out- or they are going to lose their job to someone that will outwork them. And there are hundreds of players on AAA that would love to have a MLB job.