Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bassfield Twins

vCash

Bassfield Twins

Don't keep up with ole miss recruiting at all but listening to head to head and hear they have these guys committed. What happened here I thought they were all but locks to us. For any of u gurus who keep up, any insight on this... Did we not offer, slow play, or did they just like them better?

vCash
    Believe they are committed but not locks to sign with Bears

vCash
    They committed to OM and it came as somewhat of a surprise. We have moved on and aren't pursuing them anymore from what I understand (3* & 2*). That ship has sailed. I'm not implying that they aren't happy w/OM either. They probably are. I wish them the best in their confederate careers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    Don't keep up with ole miss recruiting at all but listening to head to head and hear they have these guys committed. What happened here I thought they were all but locks to us. For any of u gurus who keep up, any insight on this... Did we not offer, slow play, or did they just like them better?
    Yeah apparently Steve Robertson and Gene told the masses that they were the best two players at all of big dawg camp ( Probably because they thought they were going to commit to us) now that they are bears, they are back tracking about star levels.

Just remember that the next time you are concerned about star levels for commits.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    **** a damn star. Stars are arbitrary things stuck to guys that are based on some physical measurable that have some but not a ton of effect on football skill. Yes typically the more stars the better physically but if you don't have the development skills of coaches the stars don't mean shit. You take the same 6'4 265lb guy running a 4.5 and lets see who he does better with, our staff or Ole Miss staff. I got my money on us. **** a ****** ****ing star. Recruiting stars are ****ing stupid to base your entire opinion on.

vCash
    Agreed I am definitely one who puts trust in the staffs evaluation above that of Steve or gene's opinion... Star levels a lot of times are based on page hits per site... Again just curious oh well hope they enjoy the grove life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    **** a damn star. Stars are arbitrary things stuck to guys that are based on some physical measurable that have some but not a ton of effect on football skill. Yes typically the more stars the better physically but if you don't have the development skills of coaches the stars don't mean shit. You take the same 6'4 265lb guy running a 4.5 and lets see who he does better with, our staff or Ole Miss staff. I got my money on us. **** a ****** ****ing star. Recruiting stars are ****ing stupid to base your entire opinion on.
    So, how do you feel about stars?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    I think they are good athletes. But I think they are hybrid LB/S and to be quite honest, they probably fit what Ole Miss runs on defense better than what we currently run. Geoff seems to like tall LB's like Benardrick McKinney, Richie Brown, Beniquez Brown, etc.

Banned
    vCash
    Meh, State's got bigger fish to fry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think they are good athletes. But I think they are hybrid LB/S and to be quite honest, they probably fit what Ole Miss runs on defense better than what we currently run. Geoff seems to like tall LB's like Benardrick McKinney, Richie Brown, Beniquez Brown, etc.
    Is Richie tall? I know he is fast, but I thought he was about 6'1"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Is Richie tall? I know he is fast, but I thought he was about 6'1"
    Scout lists him and Beniquez both at 6'-2".....so they aren't nearly as tall as McKinney, but plenty tall enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Say what you want about stars, but for the most part, teams that have a lot of success recruit well. Now, that's not to say that all teams that recruit well have a lot of success, but if you look at the teams that finish the year in the top 10, almost all of them have an average recruiting class ranking in the top 20 over the previous 4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Say what you want about stars, but for the most part, teams that have a lot of success recruit well. Now, that's not to say that all teams that recruit well have a lot of success, but if you look at the teams that finish the year in the top 10, almost all of them have an average recruiting class ranking in the top 20 over the previous 4 years.
    They're kind of clever as far as how they assign the stars though. They do it by offers a lot of times, and sure enough usually the schools with the high rankings are Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Texas, USC, etc. Those schools do well no matter what star value is assigned. Then the recruiting site is like "See we were right!"

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Right Todd. It's kinda like claiming a national title because the Coahoma Asswipe Gazette does a poll and picks you as the national champion so you make a trophy. Same with stars. You can take whoevers star system and attach it to your recruit and use the highest one. There are so damn many recruiting services out there now with rankings it's easy to just use what you want and make your turd look a little shinier so your fans can get their gonads pumped because you win a recruiting trophy. Stars mean less and less every year and I get tired of seeing our fans get in such an uproar over it. Lets see what Ole Miss stars look like in 2-3 years instead of sucking their dicks over guys that haven't even gotten arrested for the first time yet.
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 07-03-2013 at 06:10 AM.

vCash
    Gerri green from Greenville is who we need at lb.

vCash
    The kool-aide is strong

vCash
    tell it to Saban **

vCash
    They're kind of clever as far as how they assign the stars though. They do it by offers a lot of times, and sure enough usually the schools with the high rankings are Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Texas, USC, etc. Those schools do well no matter what star value is assigned. Then the recruiting site is like "See we were right!"
    Yeah but those schools are usually a great judge of talent. I trust them way more than i trust Steve/Gene/Paul; When I heard that Bama offered Cory Thomas I knew right then he was a stud, not because the MSU guys said he was.

The same way I don't believe all the stuff Gene/Steve said about the Bassfield twins, I mean you would have thought both of them were four star talents according to Steve and Gene when they thought they were headed to MSU. Now that they are bear bound its "they don't fit our system" or "we have bigger fish to fry". I just hate that shit because I have no idea if MSU actually missed out on a talented pair of kids or if they really don't fit our system.

Make no mistake if they had committed to MSU, Gene/Steve/Paul would have kept pimping them all damn day saying they were top 10 players in the state, four star talents and so on. Now that they want to wear collared shirts every damn day they just "solid players".

vCash
    Here's what happened. We wanted one of them but didn't know what he would play- like Todd said he's a hybrid or tweener for us. But, they both can run, big time. They other one we just don't have room for. Not saying it from a sour grapes point or that he can't play. Just that we don't have room this year. Then they go to oxford for camp and freeze calls them in his office. Their coach starts to go in with them and freeze says, no just the kids. They come out after their talk w him and one says I have to call our parents. Coach says, why? The response, "we just committed". The parents knew nothing about it. that. We are still talking to them and the parents are bothered about the whole deal. With all that I still expect them to be in Oxford next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Here's what happened. We wanted one of them but didn't know what he would play- like Todd said he's a hybrid or tweener for us. But, they both can run, big time. They other one we just don't have room for. Not saying it from a sour grapes point or that he can't play. Just that we don't have room this year. Then they go to oxford for camp and freeze calls them in his office. Their coach starts to go in with them and freeze says, no just the kids. They come out after their talk w him and one says I have to call our parents. Coach says, why? The response, "we just committed". The parents knew nothing about it. that. We are still talking to them and the parents are bothered about the whole deal. With all that I still expect them to be in Oxford next year.
    I thought we offered both of them, that is what I get for listening to Steve/Paul/Gene all of whom said that they were both offered and that they were both extremely talented. What you just said, makes way more sense. I hope they enjoy Oxford, its just like Bassfield. Pffftttt