Thread: How many fannies will be in the seats at the Hump next season?

vCash

How many fannies will be in the seats at the Hump next season?

For the Nov/Dec OOC games? And what will be the difference between then let's say a Tuesday night game at 6 or 8 ( tv purposes ) versus a weekend game, also with or without a home football weekend?
    Reason I ask, I feel that one selling point ( or detractor ) to big time recruits is how much exposure they get before basketball season takes center stage in mid-January. The blue bloods of cbb ( UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. ) and some of the perennial top 25 teams ( Villa, Ok. State, Zaga, etc. ) pack their coliseums for every home game and get a lot of early tv exposure. I know Coach Howland and MSU will have to earn the tv exposure over the course of a couple years or so. Just wondering what the MSU faithful are expecting in season one.

vCash
    It largely depends on the quality of ooc schedule, I think.
    We can be top 25 all year and still not have 8,000 for northwestern state on a Tuesday.

I think the fans will buy in straightaway and pack the hump for good matchups.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    It's going to be crowded.

Three reasons:
    1.Pent up demand for good basketball. Hell, there was a sorta full house for the MSU UM women's game.
    2.We won't be out coached for the first time in forever.
    3.Malik

However, I agree with Dickiedawg on Tuesday vs Northwestern so we need to schedule smart.

vCash
    Our SEC opener will be packed, like it used to be.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

Three reasons:
    1.Pent up demand for good basketball. Hell, there was a sorta full house for the MSU UM women's game.
    3.Malik

However, I agree with Dickiedawg on Tuesday vs Northwestern so we need to schedule smart.
    We need to schedule much better teams than we did under Ray- granted, we were never tourney threats under Ray so there was never any incentive to schedule well. Howland and our new Ops director need to be on the phone with some good mid-majors calling in favors for next year. And we need to be willing to travel.

vCash
    I don't think it instantly goes back to where it was. I think it builds steadily throughout the next few seasons, unless we contend for a high NCAA seed or SEC title. That happens and it's sellout city.

vCash
    I think a lot of you are going to be surprised at just how quickly the Hump comes back to life this season. Just my opinion
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    I think a lot of you are going to be surprised at just how quickly the Hump comes back to life this season. Just my opinion
    I'm thinking the same thing. Even ooc. New hot shot coach. New hot shot blue chipper on the roster. Should be all good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

Three reasons:
    3.Malik

This.

The last 4-5 years will actually lead to a more crowded Hump this year. Any time a team is successful for the first time in a while, people show up more. Also, with Howland, people believe we are back. Add an elite recruit from just down the road with tons of hype, and it will be rocking as long as the wins come at a reasonable rate.

vCash

If Newman is as good as we want him to be we will win 20 games next season.

Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This.

The last 4-5 years will actually lead to a more crowded Hump this year. Any time a team is successful for the first time in a while, people show up more. Also, with Howland, people believe we are back. Add an elite recruit from just down the road with tons of hype, and it will be rocking as long as the wins come at a reasonable rate.
    We have the team speed to play up tempo and a zone buster now. Lack of a 3 point shooter had been our Achilles Heel under RR.

vCash
    There will be some bump at the opening few games. After that it is totally dependent on how they do. Start winning and it will come build fairly quickly. Blow a few early and that bump will fade fast.

vCash
    I have had 4 season tickets for 16 years. First time in 4 years that I will feel like I will be getting my money's worth. I believe in supporting all sports, even when and especially when they are down. However, it should not be as painful in '15-'16 to make the 50 minute drive at night and in the cold rain. It could be exciting!