Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nafoom saying Adidas hired Howland to be the coach here. Butthurt much

vCash

Nafoom saying Adidas hired Howland to be the coach here. Butthurt much

And that is how we had the money to get Newman. Here is the quote:

I wouldn't be shocked if Adidas placed Howland at State specifically to try to go after Newman for his value a year from now. He had a list of schools a while back that included Kentucky, Kansas, Ole Miss, and LSU, all Nike schools. He was effectively wrapped in the Swoosh no matter what he chose.

I'm betting Adidas spotted the opportunity with Webster being an MSU alum, and MSU being an Adidas school, and then likely let Stricklin know they would make a strong push for Newman if he made the change and brought in a guy they knew would deliver on the back end for them. Howland has obviously delivered on his end of the bargain for Adidas in the past and will continue to do so, because that's where his bread is buttered. He gets the job, and State gets in the game via Adidas's desire to land Newman.

vCash
    Well, Adidas did play a big role in it. That's very true.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    if so, I'd like to thank the millions and millions of soccer fans that line Addidas's pockets.

vCash
    Well, if olemiss were as important as they think they are, Nike would have made sure that Maliq signed with olemiss. I guess Nike didn't want to invest too much into olemiss.

vCash
    Finally, soccer does something positive
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Totally okay with every word of that being true.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I went over to look for that. Couldn't find it.

I was going to post and say how right I hoped he was. And that I looked forward to Adidas steering many more elite players our way over the years.

vCash
    I have been buying about 3 Adidas golf clothing items to every 1 Nike this summer. I might have to totally drop Nike.

vCash
    Kansas is an Adidas school.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    if so, I'd like to thank the millions and millions of soccer fans that line Addidas's pockets.
    I say we reward Adidas and add men's and women's soccer at MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I say we reward Adidas and add men's and women's soccer at MSU
    they should add soccer across the board. high school and Juco soccer has gotten a lot better in MS. they should try to leverage that and start a program before others pass them... like Belhaven.

vCash
    Truth is, for as pissed off as we get at Adidas sometimes, we are a big priority to them, much more so than da bears are to nike. That matters in basketball people, make no mistake.

Archimedes
    vCash
    They are still pissed about the f@@@ the school up north shirts. And if Adidas did pull this off like I think they did then they just dropped the mic and walked off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    they should add soccer across the board. high school and Juco soccer has gotten a lot better in MS. they should try to leverage that and start a program before others pass them... like Belhaven.
    Exactly I have a friend who lead MS in goals scored the past two years and wont be able to play soccer in college even tho he got offers to play at Memphis and such because they did not have his major like Ole Miss and State did.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    Exactly I have a friend who lead MS in goals scored the past two years and wont be able to play soccer in college even tho he got offers to play at Memphis and such because they did not have his major like Ole Miss and State did.
    Add the two programs. Adidas will pay for them.

vCash
    He can play on our club team of he really wants to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    And that is how we had the money to get Newman. Here is the quote:

I wouldn't be shocked if Adidas placed Howland at State specifically to try to go after Newman for his value a year from now. He had a list of schools a while back that included Kentucky, Kansas, Ole Miss, and LSU, all Nike schools. He was effectively wrapped in the Swoosh no matter what he chose.

I'm betting Adidas spotted the opportunity with Webster being an MSU alum, and MSU being an Adidas school, and then likely let Stricklin know they would make a strong push for Newman if he made the change and brought in a guy they knew would deliver on the back end for them. Howland has obviously delivered on his end of the bargain for Adidas in the past and will continue to do so, because that's where his bread is buttered. He gets the job, and State gets in the game via Adidas's desire to land Newman.
    That is possible, and even if true, it is still irrelevant.

vCash
    There are other schools that have his major and play soccer. If he was good enough to play at Memphis, there's a shit ton of really good academic schools that offer soccer that he would get a free ride at. What's his major that both Ole Miss and State have that Memphis doesn't?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    He can play on our club team of he really wants to play.
    Seems like the club team went to the final four of club soccer when I was in school.

vCash
    And right in time for the new Adidas GTHOM hats.. Available next week...