Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
One comparison i saw online was to the Star Wars prequels. You're hyped for it, it's visually beautiful and seems to deliver.......but somehow underwhelms. i actually have loved every episode this season, but as soon as i reflect on it, it pales quickly, not from what was there but from what was missing. it's like dating the most beautiful girl in the world but not getting to put it in. it's wonderful......but still. they are teasing us and not delivering the money shot, over and over again. teasing us with heavy action that's awesome, but in the end leaving us with nerd blue balls.

i do wonder if the Umbers will be playing the part of the Manderlys. another example of the show writing itself into a corner by not introducing that plotline earlier. because God forbid you plan ahead.

definitely the real Rickon, it's clearly the same actor. he looks exactly the same, unlike the actor playing Bran.

notable that the head crone dropped that all Khals are coming to Vaes Dothrak for a meeting. easy way for Dany to bend them all to her courtesy of Drogon.

if Dawn doesn't have a part to play (which in the show it clearly won't), then i'm fine with that choice. but the stab in the back was lame. i can tell you the thought process: that scene needs to be shown now, but we're not ready to show Howland as having magic powers........so just delete them.

Arya's training scene was just badly directed. it came off as she just willed herself to win that fight. there was no conveyance of her other skills being sharpened to Daredevil levels. and of course they had to drop the warg powers because they avoided all the build up to it, including Nymeria and her pack. again, not planning ahead. even more frustrating when you consider all the dumb scenes like the Beetle crushing Lannister or Missande and Grey Worm that they went with instead.

was Robb's will even mentioned in the show?

i think the other half of the TOJ scene will be in 2 weeks, based on the summary descriptions of the episodes.
This is exactly how I feel. I love watching the show but after it is over I am disappointed with what is left out. I am ready for some type of payoff. Watch the SNL skit of bringing Jon Snow back to life. They are making fun of the fact they spent 10 minutes washing the blood off and then chanting a couple of times. It was definitely underwhelming.