Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1419

Thread: Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Does the fact that his BABIP would put him in the top 10 in the MLB not register that his numbers are extremely inflated? He will not sustain those numbers. Now would I believe his power is starting to come? Yes. But he is not ever going to be a .300+ hitter. Maybe he is maturing, he should he is getting older and if his demotion didn't light a fire under his attitude then he may be a head case. And going back to your previous statement, if we are looking to get rid of him, why would the front office have a story manufactured that still puts him in a bad light? That makes absolutely no sense. If anything it would have me believe they may be sugar coating things with enough honesty to entice a buyer.
    If Bethancourt can hit .250 /.320 obp with some pop and throw out runners at a high clip, I'll be happy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Btw, you're for letting wisler, Perez, and folty work out wrinkles at this level, but not Bethancourt. Here's their ages...

Folty 23
    Wisler 22
    Perez 24
    Bethancourt 23

Why should I be patient with the starters, but not Bethancourt?

Also Bethancourt is working with who I think will be the best of the upper minor/barely mlb starters in Jenkins and doing a great job
    BECAUSE YOU NEED EXPERIENCE BEHIND THE PLATE TO HELP THEM FOR THE TENTH TIME.

vCash
    They actually have had some good outings. The MLB hitters adjusted, they are still learning their craft, and they have to learn to adjust as well. How many hall of fame pitchers have numbers the same or worse their first couple of years? Tons. And if you think it would have been just as good or better with Bethancourt you are out of your mind.
    I think they could learn together and get chemistry. Do you think they would be worse? They're all around the 5 era mark

vCash
    BECAUSE YOU NEED EXPERIENCE BEHIND THE PLATE TO HELP THEM FOR THE TENTH TIME.
    Where would that awesome young met staff be without that crafty veteran, d'Arnaud?

vCash
    If Bethancourt can hit .250 /.320 obp with some pop and throw out runners at a high clip, I'll be happy
    Who wouldn't? If he has actually decided not to be lazy behind the plate. But during the trading period you were pitching every idea you could think of to get Lucroy and get rid of Bethancourt. Now you have flipped the script again. If he finally develops into what the average projection has been for him then that fine, but the lazy and bad attitude stuff had better be gone and if there are any doubts with the front office I don't have a problem going in a different direction.

vCash
    Where would that awesome young met staff be without that crafty veteran, d'Arnaud?
    He has played in 32 games this year. Don't know where you are going with him?

And the Mets have one starter under the age of 25.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 08-19-2015 at 11:42 AM.

vCash
    He has played in 32 games this year. Don't know where you are going with him?

And the Mets have one starter under the age of 25.
    Harvey is in 3rd year
    deGrom is in 2nd year
    Rookie starter

All young starters

Plawecki is other met catcher. 25 years old

vCash
    Who wouldn't? If he has actually decided not to be lazy behind the plate. But during the trading period you were pitching every idea you could think of to get Lucroy and get rid of Bethancourt. Now you have flipped the script again. If he finally develops into what the average projection has been for him then that fine, but the lazy and bad attitude stuff had better be gone and if there are any doubts with the front office I don't have a problem going in a different direction.
    If we can get lucroy, I'm still on that

vCash
    Really... I don't even know what I'm arguing anymore haha. I'm just pissed off and want to see Bethancourt get a shot. If Bethancourt comes up and plays well, 1 of our young starters turns the corner, and Olivera plays well when he gets up, I'll feel much better about this year than I do now. I don't hate AJ either. I actually like him, but as a backup

vCash
    Harvey is in 3rd year
    deGrom is in 2nd year
    Rookie starter

All young starters

Plawecki is other met catcher. 25 years old
    You are comparing 2nd and 3rd year full time starters over the age of 25 with our three rookies who haven't even had half a season? Plawecki would not be there if it wasn't for an injury but he had graded much better at defense and pitch framing than Bethancourt and has a good arm himself. D'Naraud is an offensive minded catcher and was off to a an All-Star caliber start before breaking his hand.

vCash
    Really... I don't even know what I'm arguing anymore haha. I'm just pissed off and want to see Bethancourt get a shot. If Bethancourt comes up and plays well, 1 of our young starters turns the corner, and Olivera plays well when he gets up, I'll feel much better about this year than I do now. I don't hate AJ either. I actually like him, but as a backup
    Haha. Well if he does then great. I think it could give us some options, the risk is if he has not improved by much from earlier this year. But at least, if they really have doubts about him which I don't think they do, then you know you have to get a catcher somewhere. I think Olveria is going to hit pretty well. If we can get 3 good years out of him then it was possibly a really good deal considering the financials.

vCash
    If pitching for the Braves doesn't work out, folty can always pitch the homerun derby.

I hate to see how bad folty would be without AJ catching him. Season era now 5.89.

vCash
    Folty season era -- 6.06
    Last era with Astros -- 5.30

I just don't see him ever being an effective starter

KevinMcAlpin
    Over his last 5 starts, Foltynewicz has posted a 7.67 ERA (23 ER/27 IP) with 37 hits and 9 HR allowed. #Braves down 7-0, top 6 at Wrigley.
    Last edited by msstate7; 08-20-2015 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    Since Fredi's extension, the Braves record is 10-21. The Braves have lost 20 of their last 22 road games. Extending fredi was the dumbest thing ever.

vCash
    It's the 1980's all over again. Time to break out that Lewis Grizzard joke about what the Braves and Michael Jackson have in common

vCash
    He won't ever sniff an .070 isoOBP. I'm hoping he can hit around .270 with an OBP slightly over .300. If he can do that and slug close to .450 with his defense, that's a really good piece.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He won't ever sniff an .070 isoOBP. I'm hoping he can hit around .270 with an OBP slightly over .300. If he can do that and slug close to .450 with his defense, that's a really good piece.
    Yeah, I was planning on a lot of errors and hbp. Didn't think those numbers out too carefully haha

vCash
    Braves call up Bethancourt. guess they plan on keeping him.

Gomes may have earned us a decent prospect tonight. he's played well for a week or two, and has had a great night. probably the best RH bat available right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Braves call up Bethancourt. guess they plan on keeping him.

Gomes may have earned us a decent prospect tonight. he's played well for a week or two, and has had a great night. probably the best RH bat available right now.
    Nice to see Bethancourt and Teheran work well together.

Would love to move Gomes.

vCash
    Since Fredi's extension, the Braves record is 10-21. The Braves have lost 20 of their last 22 road games. Extending fredi was the dumbest thing ever.
    I'm a huge Fredi critic, but we also traded almost every player worth a damn right as we gave him the extension. Hard to blame him when we took most of the bullets out of his gun. I'd still like to see him gone, but this collapse has way more to do with a complete lack of MLB talent. We're a ****ing 4A team. And we got worse bringing up Bethancourt today.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22