Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash
    What happened in the 1st? Did we rake, or did they help us out? How did wood look on the mound?

We had a game tonite so I missed it...kept up late on the bus ride home.

vCash
    Wood was decent. He didn't pitch as aggressively as I would have liked to see with a 7 run lead, but he did okay. I know he had a high pitch count through 6 innings, but it is just his first start. He was probably just in shock that we actually scored some runs for him.

I didn't see the 1st inning, but we seemed to hit the ball well in the replays I saw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    What happened in the 1st? Did we rake, or did they help us out? How did wood look on the mound?

We had a game tonite so I missed it...kept up late on the bus ride home.
    Just base hits. 3 straight doubles from Markakis, Freeman, and Bethancourt. Good base running.

Just singles and doubles all game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Wood was decent. He didn't pitch as aggressively as I would have liked to see with a 7 run lead, but he did okay. I know he had a high pitch count through 6 innings, but it is just his first start. He was probably just in shock that we actually scored some runs for him.

I didn't see the 1st inning, but we seemed to hit the ball well in the replays I saw.
    Some of it was the 45 min wait he had from warm ups to the bottom of the first. He said he also felt too strong so probably over compensating. They pulled him at 85 pitches and it was a good idea to do that.

vCash
    I was thrilled with Cody martin's performance last night. Looks like we may have dodged a bullet leaving him unprotected.

vCash
    Can't remember if you posted this already but Toscano arrived in Florida and waiting his residency to begin at the training facility before going to AAA.

vCash
    Braves lineup
    Peterson 2B
    Simmons SS
    Markakis RF
    Freeman 1B
    Pierzynski C
    Gomes LF
    Callaspo 3B
    Maybin CF
    Miller P

vCash
    Yay, a homerun! Braves looking for sweep up 2-0 in 7th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yay, a homerun! Braves looking for sweep up 2-0 in 7th
    Hell of a way for Pierzynski to start his stint as a Brave.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Jim Johnson and grilli are looking great. In fact, thru 3 whole games (haha) the entire pitching staff is very impressive

vCash
    One series does not a season make...but damn that was impressive. Jim Johnson is absolute filth

I really like a lot of things about this team, so much more than in recent years (not that I like them to win a lot, I just like the players).

every deal was done with 2 things in mind: stock up young talent and rid the clubhouse of loser mentality bitches. (Obviously kimbrel does not fall into this category BUT that trade allowed the braves to did themselves of BJ and his contract). Chemistry and pitching go a long way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    One series does not a season make...but damn that was impressive. Jim Johnson is absolute filth

I really like a lot of things about this team, so much more than in recent years (not that I like them to win a lot, I just like the players).

every deal was done with 2 things in mind: stock up young talent and rid the clubhouse of loser mentality bitches. (Obviously kimbrel does not fall into this category BUT that trade allowed the braves to did themselves of BJ and his contract). Chemistry and pitching go a long way.
    You mean Melvin.*****

But yeah, we're definitely in full rebuild mode. And the farm system is very well stocked for the first time in years. This year and next are going to suck, but we should be really good when the new park opens up in 2017. I'm ready to see some of the young kids later this year, though.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Gattis 0-7 so far with 4's.

vCash
    n 3 games, Upton and Gattis have 12 K's. In 3 games, the whole Braves team has 18.

vCash
    Maybin leads off game with a hr.

I wanna believe in this team. Keep winning braves

vCash
    Maybin leads off game with a hr.

I wanna believe in this team. Keep winning braves
    Tell you what, they are fun to watch. Agressive....I like it.

vCash
    Simmons is just sick at ss

vCash
    Simmons is just sick at ss
    That play was ...wow. Funny, they had just shown the highlights from the last time that happened...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    That play was ...wow. Funny, they had just shown the highlights from the last time that happened...
    Peterson, Simmons, and Maybin up the middle is gonna be a pitcher's dream this year. All 3 of those guys can flash the leather.

If we can keep scoring a few runs a game and the bullpen holds up, we could surprise this year. I love the starting pitching and minor isn't even pitching yet

vCash
    Peterson, Simmons, and Maybin up the middle is gonna be a pitcher's dream this year. All 3 of those guys can flash the leather.

If we can keep scoring a few runs a game and the bullpen holds up, we could surprise this year. I love the starting pitching and minor isn't even pitching yet
    I'm not counting on Minor after he missed ST last year with a shoulder and bombed. Stults could be a decent 5, but I think there's a really good chance we could see Folty or Banuelos before the season is over. Still don't know why we cut Wandy after he kicked ass in ST, but I'll trust the front office. Still think we're going to need another bat to protect Freeman, but I don't see us making a move for one.

Peterson is just keeping 2B warm until Peraza is ready in May or June. I can't wait to see what he can do.