Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash
    Teheran has been outstanding. I love the Marlins' lineup BTW. If morse hits, they're gonna be tough

vCash
    These 'no strikeouts!!' and 'manufacturing a run, sure is fun to watch!' memes from the announcers are going to get unbelievably old.

Is the ability to bring in a guy from 3rd with 1 out with 'productive outs' a good thing? Sure. Are you viable as an offense when it's what you depend on? Of course not.

Most Braves fans understand this will be a long year without much offense, and most are ok with that. It's going to become unbearable if we can't watch a game without being sold that this is a great new philosophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    These 'no strikeouts!!' and 'manufacturing a run, sure is fun to watch!' memes from the announcers are going to get unbelievably old.

Is the ability to bring in a guy from 3rd with 1 out with 'productive outs' a good thing? Sure. Are you viable as an offense when it's what you depend on? Of course not.

Most Braves fans understand this will be a long year without much offense, and most are ok with that. It's going to become unbearable if we can't watch a game without being sold that this is a great new philosophy.
    We have Teheran on the mound. They have a very good pitcher. I didn't have a problem with it

vCash
    Well fredi left Teheran in there too long. Hopefully they only tie it

vCash
    Wow... What a job by avilan and johnson

vCash
    Three bad ABs by the 2-3-4 there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Three bad ABs by the 2-3-4 there.
    Wasn't pretty, but Dunn is hell on lefties. It would be nice to big rh bat, so we could move FF to 3rd, rh bat 4th, and markakis 5th

vCash
    First save situation post-kimbrel

vCash
    No kimbrel, no problem...

I was very impressed with jim Johnson and grilli. They really look like they have plenty left in the tank

vCash
    Fun game to watch. I think .500 is a realistic goal. Some things def need to go their way but this will be a pesky team that can cause issues for top tier pitching. However, I'm not sure any long term sustained offensive success Is possible.

Extremely impressed with bullpen and Johnson in particular. His stuff is nasty.

Unlike the last couple of years this team is very likeable and the big time "gamers" in Gomes and pierzinski didn't even play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Fun game to watch. I think .500 is a realistic goal. Some things def need to go their way but this will be a pesky team that can cause issues for top tier pitching. However, I'm not sure any long term sustained offensive success Is possible.

Extremely impressed with bullpen and Johnson in particular. His stuff is nasty.

Unlike the last couple of years this team is very likeable and the big time "gamers" in Gomes and pierzinski didn't even play.
    Even if the season falls apart, Jim Johnson and grilli could land us some nice pieces if yesterday was a preview of their season

vCash
    Braves lineup
    Young Jr. CF
    Peterson 2B
    Markakis RF
    Freeman 1B
    Bethancourt C
    K. Johnson LF
    C. Johnson 3B
    Simmons SS
    Wood P

Bethancourt hitting 5th is weird to me. I'd rather see...

Young
    Peterson
    Markakis
    FF
    CJ
    KJ
    Simmons
    Bethancourt
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-07-2015 at 02:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Braves lineup
    Young Jr. CF
    Peterson 2B
    Markakis RF
    Freeman 1B
    Bethancourt C
    K. Johnson LF
    C. Johnson 3B
    Simmons SS
    Wood P

Bethancourt hitting 5th is weird to me. I'd rather see...

Young
    Peterson
    Markakis
    FF
    CJ
    KJ
    Simmons
    Bethancourt
    I'm of two minds with Bethancourt. I can see that teams are going to pitch around Freeman and go after whoever is behind him and they might see a lot of fastballs. That may benefit Bethancourt in that scenario but I do think it will be something that will be changed around a good bit.

vCash
    Just resigned Matt Capps

vCash
    Braves chase latos in 1st inning. 7-0

vCash
    Offensive juggernaut. We're going to lead MLB in runs!*********

Damn fun to watch this offense while it's working, though. Bethancourt batting 4 is a joke, though. We desperately need another bat to protect Freeman to be viable.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    2 PH rbi singles tonight. I'm not sure we had 2 all of last season

vCash
    Fun game to watch tonight. Guys legging out the extra base, batters working the pitchers for long ABs....hell, the M's pitchers had over 140 pitches by the 7th inning.

vCash
    Awesome stuff tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Awesome stuff tonight.
    It really was. I know our offense won't be like this very often, but it doesn't have to be. If we can play good defense and get timely hitting, we could be a .500 team imo. I really like the pitching staff