Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash
    One more start like this and Teheran should get a little tour of Gwinnett/pearl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    One more start like this and Teheran should get a little tour of Gwinnett/pearl.
    Over react much?

Tough loss but only counts as 1. Only 3 or 4 of the runs he gave up were earned...not saying he pitched great but it wasn't "send him down" bad. In the grand scheme of things tonite was worse for the marlins and mets than it was for us. Prolly just woke the Nats up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Over react much?

Tough loss but only counts as 1. Only 3 or 4 of the runs he gave up were earned...not saying he pitched great but it wasn't "send him down" bad. In the grand scheme of things tonite was worse for the marlins and mets than it was for us. Prolly just woke the Nats up.
    Yeah, I'm pissed. I do overreact, but this is teheran's 3rd straight egg though

vCash
    Yeah, I'm pissed. I do overreact, but this is teheran's 3rd straight egg though
    Agreed. But he's our ace. He ain't goin nowhere. And like I said if callaspo fields the grounder this is a non issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Agreed. But he's our ace. He ain't goin nowhere. And like I said if callaspo fields the grounder this is a non issue.
    Stults is our ace now haha

I really do think miller will pass Teheran this year. Teheran was terrible all thru ST. He did seem to right the ship in his first 2 starts, but since he took that line drive off his knee he hasn't been the same. He could be hurt and not saying anything

vCash
    Dan Uggla might be my all-time most hated MLB player. **** that guy. And **** Frank Wren for ever trading for him, much less signing him to a massive extension and making him the highest paid 2B in MLB.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Dan Uggla might be my all-time most hated MLB player. **** that guy. And **** Frank Wren for ever trading for him, much less signing him to a massive extension and making him the highest paid 2B in MLB.
    Hopefully uggla's performance the last 2 days will be enough to keep him on the nats' roster. Uggla hit a grand slam last year for us early to beat the Phillies and we know how last year turned out.

vCash
    Hopefully uggla's performance the last 2 days will be enough to keep him on the nats' roster. Uggla hit a grand slam last year for us early to beat the Phillies and we know how last year turned out.
    Who cares? He's been a Braves killer his whole career, whether wearing an opposing uniform or our uniform. And we're still paying him a handsome sum to beat us. Frank Wren should be tied to a whipping post in the center of The Ted and Braves fans should be allowed to lash him with a leather strap for ever bringing Dan to Atlanta.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash
    Who cares? He's been a Braves killer his whole career, whether wearing an opposing uniform or our uniform. And we're still paying him a handsome sum to beat us. Frank Wren should be tied to a whipping post in the center of The Ted and Braves fans should be allowed to lash him with a leather strap for ever bringing Dan to Atlanta.
    Pretty sure Uggla is the highest paid player this year for the Braves.

vCash
    I went to that game tonight, and my mind is blown.

Never thought this team would score 7 runs in an inning or 12 in a game all year, and tonight was the second time we've done both. 17 hits, 24 base runners. All crazy things, super fun to watch.

And then we let Span, Lobaton, and Dan Freaking Uggla beat us. Then before B9, they played a montage of Braves comeback wins, and in the first, the winning run was scored by...Dan Uggla.

Tonight was the best of times. Tonight was the worst of times.

Kill me now.

vCash
    FF has got his groove back. Back to line drives instead of long fly balls. Atta boy FF

vCash
    Mark Bowman ?@mlbbowman 57s58 seconds ago
    Friday's scheduled starter Trevor Cahill was loosening in the pen. Folty would be onschedule to pitch Friday if they chose to call him up

Cahill in game now

vCash
    Tom glavine asked a good question tonight on TV. He set it up like this....

Baseball guys around the league say k's don't matter for hitters. On the other side (pitching), everyone wants guys that can k batters. So, which is it? Do k's matter or not?

vCash
    Tom glavine asked a good question tonight on TV. He set it up like this....

Baseball guys around the league say k's don't matter for hitters. On the other side (pitching), everyone wants guys that can k batters. So, which is it? Do k's matter or not?
    I'd say it's situational Ks that matter. No one on, two out, K doesn't matter. 2nd & 3rd, 1 out, K matters.

Banned
    vCash
    Damn ugly 24 hours for the Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Damn ugly 24 hours for the Braves
    Maybe miller can settle things down. The starters are killing us. I thought the starting pitching was gonna be the strong point, but they aren't pitching deep at all. Bc they leave so early, it's starting to kill our pen. The offense hasn't been near the problem everyone thought it would be. Still think starting pitching will come on and offense will probably slack off. Just hoping for .500 this year, trade some guys, and for the call ups to look good

I hate to pull for a catcher to get hurt, but gotta figure aj would have some serious value if he continue to hit. Grilli could return a nice prospect if tigers or nats need a bullpen arm
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-29-2015 at 10:01 PM.

vCash
    I wish the Braves would claim varvaro (dfa by Yankees) and call up folty and cunniff

vCash
    Chris Johnson fractured his hand. Really was hoping to be able to unload him at break. Not happening now.

Folty will get his first start as an Atlanta brave tonight.

vCash
    There have also been discussions about the availability of Grilli with the Red Sox and Tigers.

vCash
    There have also been discussions about the availability of Grilli with the Red Sox and Tigers.
    I'd love to wait to see if more teams could drive up the price. At the same time though, I'm scared grilli will implode rendering him useless