Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Sampson

vCash

Brandon Sampson

4* SG that visiting us. What's our chances with him?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Hard to say. LSU seems to be the likely landing spot but with St John's hiring Chris Mullin they feel they have a good chance to get him back.

vCash
    When is he visiting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    When is he visiting?
    According to lsu fans on tRant, he's visiting next weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Hard to say. LSU seems to be the likely landing spot but with St John's hiring Chris Mullin they feel they have a good chance to get him back.
    According to lsu fans, Sampson stated he's looking to start next season so they don't feel good about getting him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    According to lsu fans, Sampson stated he's looking to start next season so they don't feel good about getting him
    Yea but LSU fans on the rant aren't exactly the best of sources. Not saying they're wrong in this but they say a lot of things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yea but LSU fans on the rant aren't exactly the best of sources. Not saying they're wrong in this but they say a lot of things.
    You're right, but usually it's all good for them. When they say something looks bad for them, I give more attention

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You're right, but usually it's all good for them. When they say something looks bad for them, I give more attention
    Part of that is bc they think they get Malik.

vCash
    They don't just think they get Malik, they act like they know they are getting him and that we have no chance.

vCash
    They acted the same way about Peters and Lewis also
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yea there isn't a player that LSU fans think they won't get if they want him. Nobody can turn down Baton Rouge.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    They don't just think they get Malik, they act like they know they are getting him and that we have no chance.
    When was the last time LSU fans actually thought they'd get beat out by us for any recruit? I bet if you went back a few months in the rant recruiting archives, you could find some pretty funny "Leo Lewis and Jamal Peters is a done deal to LSU and nobody else is even close" threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    When was the last time LSU fans actually thought they'd get beat out by us for any recruit? I bet if you went back a few months in the rant recruiting archives, you could find some pretty funny "Leo Lewis and Jamal Peters is a done deal to LSU and nobody else is even close" threads.
    Ohh there were some pretty fun Leo Lewis and Jamal Peters threads. When Leo signed with us it was a blast on that board.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    LSU people on that board also think they have Kasongo signed, sealed, and delivered to Baton Rouge if they want him. Pay no mind to the six CBs in our favor in the past week, the two in person visits from coach Howland and our staff, and his recently scheduled OV to Starkville on SBW- he is 100% all LSU.**

vCash
    Do we think he can play PG? Bringing him, Weatherspoon, and Simonds in isn't going to hurt us, but it's also a bit strange to have all your talent at SG.

I will say, though, that if he can play PG (and I know some will probably kill me for this), while I prefer Newman, I would take Sampson instead and be happy. He'll stick around for a little longer.

vCash
    Lsu has some of the most ignorant fans in the history of sports. That includes Latin American soccer fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Do we think he can play PG? Bringing him, Weatherspoon, and Simonds in isn't going to hurt us, but it's also a bit strange to have all your talent at SG.

I will say, though, that if he can play PG (and I know some will probably kill me for this), while I prefer Newman, I would take Sampson instead and be happy. He'll stick around for a little longer.
    And kegler. Not sure how likely he is though

Banned
    vCash
    Sampson is from Baton Rouge. What's the latest with Tookie? KEEP TOOKIE!!!!!

vCash
    Sampson quotes

quote:
    Sampson also plans to take unofficial visits to Mississippi State and Tulane next week before an official visit to SMU next weekend.

quote:
    "I don't wanna jump into anything too fast, so I don't wanna really just tell anybody what I'm looking for," he said. "But one concern I have going into any school is starting as a freshman, going somewhere where somebody's gonna get me better, so that's basically what I wanna hear.

quote:
    "If you're calling me, I don't wanna hear anything about playing to the system or coming off the bench. I wanna come in and play big minutes as a freshman."

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index...sampson_3.html

Taken from tRant

Do we really want this kid?

vCash
    Sampson would be an absolute stud pickup for year 1 for Howland