Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malik Newman

vCash

Malik Newman

5 cb's to lsu yesterday. There's gonna be a ton of talent on their team if they land him

vCash
    Disappointing if not MSU I would prefer him out of the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Disappointing if not MSU I would prefer him out of the SEC
    Me too. I've been pulling for kansas ever since I thought we were out

Banned
    vCash
    LSU already has the #1 player in the country signed in Ben Simmons Montverde Academy. If they could manage to keep Martin & Mickey along with Quartermann, Patterson and Hornsby and were able to land Malik look out. That's a top 10 team probably top 5. Josh Gray gonna transfer again?

vCash
    They have the #1 player along with another top 20, 5-star guy. Yes, landing Newman would certainly make them a national title contender.

Getting talented players is the best draw for getting other talented players, no doubt. There's no way they would have a shot at Newman without Simmons and Blakeney already committed.

The interesting thing, though, is that the guys they have are at SG and SF. That's a lot of wing scorers; I would be cautious about going there if I was Newman.

Banned
    vCash
    Nobody is starting over Newman till the NBA All-Star game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Nobody is starting over Newman till the NBA All-Star game.
    I'm not saying anybody's going to start over him. I'm just saying that it crowds things, and all of these guys will have to get playing time.

Plus, the more elite guys you have, the tougher it is to stand out. It's the problem certain guys have at UK.

Personally, I think this would be much more of a problem for Blakeney, not Newman, but it would still be something to consider. If he came to State, he would be the undisputed go-to guy and would be able to shine in any way he wanted.

But ultimately these kids want to play with other talented kids more than anything.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'm not saying anybody's going to start over him. I'm just saying that it crowds things, and all of these guys will have to get playing time.

Plus, the more elite guys you have, the tougher it is to stand out. It's the problem certain guys have at UK.

Personally, I think this would be much more of a problem for Blakeney, not Newman, but it would still be something to consider. If he came to State, he would be the undisputed go-to guy and would be able to shine in any way he wanted.

But ultimately these kids want to play with other talented kids more than anything.
    If Ray pulled a miracle with Newman we'd have him for one year and Ray for three more. Something to consider. Hell yes I want Newman. Hell no I don't want Ray for even one more day.

vCash
    If Ray pulled a miracle with Newman we'd have him for one year and Ray for three more. Something to consider. Hell yes I want Newman. Hell no I don't want Ray for even one more day.
    Haha so now even if we get Newman, you wouldn't want Ray. You're back-tracking on that one.

We're not getting Newman, though, so it won't matter.

vCash
    He'll probably end up at Kentucky. Play one year, then off to the NBA. It would be awesome if we could land him. I just don't like our chances.
    Last edited by Cabo32; 03-05-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Haha so now even if we get Newman, you wouldn't want Ray. You're back-tracking on that one.

We're not getting Newman, though, so it won't matter.
    I'm not backtracking. It's simple. I want Newman. I don't want Ray. Newman guarantees Ray but Newman is only one year. It's a double edged sword.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo32 View Post
    He'll probably end up at Kentucky. Play one year, then off to the NBA. It would be awesome if we could land him. I just don't like our chances.
    Kentucky doesn't have to pay players. They just set them up with shoe deals when they go pro. UK currently has former players making more than 1/2 a BILLION dollars a year just on shoe deals alone.

vCash
    I'm not backtracking. It's simple. I want Newman. I don't want Ray. Newman guarantees Ray but Newman is only one year. It's a double edged sword.
    But at one point you said you were totally fine keeping Ray if he proved he could recruit, and specifically said that landing Newman would do just that.

Banned
    vCash
    But at one point you said you were totally fine keeping Ray if he proved he could recruit, and specifically said that landing Newman would do just that.
    The only time I've been "totally fine" with keeping Ray was for about one hour directly following our win in Knoxville. I've been the one forever saying we will never get Newman.

vCash
    Kentucky doesn't have to pay players. They just set them up with shoe deals when they go pro. UK currently has former players making more than 1/2 a BILLION dollars a year just on shoe deals alone.
    You are retarded if you think that number is accurate. Michael Jordan is just now a billionaire.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    You are retarded if you think that number is accurate. Michael Jordan is just now a billionaire.
    It's accurate if you take the life of the contract. D Rose alone has a $270 MM deal with Adidas. Ok so I fibbed on the "per year" part but you get the point. It's a shitload of money.

vCash
    The only time I've been "totally fine" with keeping Ray was for about one hour directly following our win in Knoxville. I've been the one forever saying we will never get Newman.
    Haha that's beside the point. Yes, you've said we wouldn't get Newman from the beginning, but once it seemed like we might have some momentum, you admitted everything would change if we got him.

Now you're saying even if we do get him, you want Ray gone.

Banned
    vCash
    you admitted everything would change if we got him.
    I've never said we'll get him so this can't be me you're remembering.

vCash
    D Rose alone has a $270 MM deal with Adidas.
    He played for Calipari, but it was at Memphis.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    He played for Calipari, but it was at Memphis.
    Like that stops Cal from bragging on him