Thread: OM loses to William and Mary..

vCash

OM loses to William and Mary..

They just don't have it. Why D1 ranked them....

Like I said if they win 35 I will be shocked

vCash
    Yep, pretty embarrassing to lose to a team with only 2 players. And one was a girl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, pretty embarrassing to lose to a team with only 2 players. And one was a girl.
    I laughed

vCash
    I have to believe we will crack into the Top 25 on D1 if we sweep this weekend. With OM already having lost to William and Mary and Tennessee losing to FIU yesterday, I have to imagine we would be in with a good weekend.

I'm not one to usually to complain about early season rankings, but in this case I would like to see us get some respect after this weekend if we sweep. I want us to go ahead and get into the Top 25 to set the tone early. Different set of circumstances for football. Have to learn how to play ranked and play with a target. But at this point the baseball team and program should expect the ranking and need to go ahead and get that expectation taken care of.

vCash
    I can't imagine Ole Miss would drop from 18 to out if they win game 3.

We could get in, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it.

vCash
    they lost one game, I am going to wait a few weeks before claiming they don't have it, just my opinion.

vCash
    Thats Beisball!!
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joben3 View Post
    they lost one game, I am going to wait a few weeks before claiming they don't have it, just my opinion.
    True- but I never thought they were going to be all that good anyway...lost way too much
    Last edited by Coach34; 02-14-2015 at 04:41 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joben3 View Post
    Yeah it's early, but smith is one of their weekend guys though. Not a good sign

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    True- but I never thought they were going to be all that good anyway...lost way too much
    I hope you all are correct!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Everyone was saying the same thing last year...

They are as talented as they were last year. Time will tell how long it takes them to translate it to game action...
    Last edited by engie; 02-14-2015 at 05:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Everyone was saying the same thing last year...

They are as talented as they were last year. Time will tell how long it takes them to translate it to game action...
    The biggest things they had going for them last year were a lot of guy with 4-5 years of experience.

vCash
    Like I said, just wait till they play Vanderbilt, Florida and Louisville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The biggest things they had going for them last year were a lot of guy with 4-5 years of experience.
    And the biggest thing they've got going for them this year is essentially 2 more classes of Godwin recruits with the guys that were behind those 4th/5th year guys now getting their chance...

You never know in advance how far a team will go and how they'll do when the bright lights come on, as we saw firsthand ourselves last year -- but their talent level is as high as it's been...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    And the biggest thing they've got going for them this year is essentially 2 more classes of Godwin recruits with the guys that were behind those 4th/5th year guys now getting their chance...

You never know in advance how far a team will go and how they'll do when the bright lights come on, as we saw firsthand ourselves last year -- but their talent level is as high as it's been...
    I don't know if it's as high as it's ever been because they are going to miss Ellis and Laxer plus they were stronger at catcher and corner outfield last year. They're still good though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I have to believe we will crack into the Top 25 on D1 if we sweep this weekend. With OM already having lost to William and Mary and Tennessee losing to FIU yesterday, I have to imagine we would be in with a good weekend.

I'm not one to usually to complain about early season rankings, but in this case I would like to see us get some respect after this weekend if we sweep. I want us to go ahead and get into the Top 25 to set the tone early. Different set of circumstances for football. Have to learn how to play ranked and play with a target. But at this point the baseball team and program should expect the ranking and need to go ahead and get that expectation taken care of.
    I want us ranked solely so I don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the D1Baseball.com scores page to see our scores. Top25 are listed at the top.

vCash
    Vandy struggled to win today again a no name. Our chances look great this year.