Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too funny- the Bruce Pearl groupies and the Stands Lovers

vCash

Too funny- the Bruce Pearl groupies and the Stands Lovers

are kicking their dogs right now. How in the hell could Rick Ray do this to them????

Latest smoke is Keenum and Strick are bunkering in to to stay with Ray. March is gonna be interesting. ME? I'm just laughing at all the Bruce Pearl groupies that thought for sure he would handle Ray. Too damn funny.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm glad we won, but I'm not overreacting. It's Auburn, Bruce Pearl or not.

So after beating Auburn, and ending a 22 game road losing streak, your "sources" are saying our administration is ready to "bunker down" and ride this Rick Ray thing out???? That's 17ing stupid if true.

vCash
    I'm not a pearl groupie but the difference is coaching half court offense was very apparent to me. AU got great looks all second half with a lot of nice off ball movement and that handoff play.

We hit a fair amount of more difficult shots to pull it out.

This is getting to be a dilemma with what to do with Ray.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    This is getting to be a dilemma with what to do with Ray.
    If Ray does get another year, I hope he's encouraged to shake up his staff. Ray needs a good X's and O's guy to help him out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    So after beating Auburn, and ending a 22 game road losing streak, your "sources" are saying our administration is ready to "bunker down" and ride this Rick Ray thing out???? That's 17ing stupid if true.
    I really dont know what to make of all of this in basketball. I hear one day Ray is done- then I hear from some higher ups Keenum and Strick are locking themselves in and saying 2 more years. This is the most divided Ive seen our people in all my years. Basketball has turned into an ugly battleground
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I really dont know what to make of all of this in basketball. I hear one day Ray is done- then I hear from some higher ups Keenum and Strick are locking themselves in and saying 2 more years. This is the most divided Ive seen our people in all my years. Basketball has turned into an ugly battleground
    Before the last 2 games it was the most united I've seen our fanbase in years, and not in a good way for Rick Ray. But hey, all anyone wants is a reasonably competitive program. If Ray gets this thing turned around and we finish the year strong he probably deserves one more year to see this through. I still think he's got to win around 6 SEC games minimum though but after tonight's win that is starting to look very attainable. We will see.

vCash
    Ray will get next year for sure (barring something terrible). If we are on the right track next year, trending up and building, he'll be back, if not next year is the last. And to be clear, I don't like it either, just what I've been told.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Ray's going to have to show me way more than a two game winning streak for me to want him back next year.

Play at the level we played tonight consistently for the rest of the season- then we can talk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    a two game winning streak
    Against Vandy and Auburn; not exactly world beaters. I'm with you, in that I want to see a lot more. You want to blow my skirt up, Rick? Beat Arky, OM, Florida, TN, KY.

vCash
    Bruce pearl is in year 1 of a major rebuild. Rick ray is in year 3 with a core of juniors that should know the system backwards and forwards. If we champion tonight as Rick ray > bruce pearl, then we deserve to have Rick Ray for the next 20 years. Pearl won't be struggling to finish .500 overall in year 3 at auburn.

vCash
    Committed to two more frigging years? Keenum and SS are f?$king crazy as hell then. I admit, the results have been better over the last handful of games. But that in no way means we should commit to 2 more years. If our play continues to be positive the remainder of the year, then I can see the one more year thinking. But not two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Bruce pearl is in year 1 of a major rebuild. Rick ray is in year 3 with a core of juniors that should know the system backwards and forwards. If we champion tonight as Rick ray > bruce pearl, then we deserve to have Rick Ray for the next 20 years. Pearl won't be struggling to finish .500 overall in year 3 at auburn.

vCash
    are kicking their dogs right now. How in the hell could Rick Ray do this to them????

Latest smoke is Keenum and Strick are bunkering in to to stay with Ray. March is gonna be interesting. ME? I'm just laughing at all the Bruce Pearl groupies that thought for sure he would handle Ray. Too damn funny.
    A man spends $2 per day for 32 days on a lottery ticket. Two days in a row he scratches of a $2 prize. The man immediately brags to his friends about how lucky he is, and how his bosses are bunkering down to keep him from quitting his job because he is so rich.

vCash
    Maybe your "higher ups" aren't high enough.

vCash
    Charlie Shira won some too.
    The Plantation has never won an SEC regular season Championship in ANY men's sport with an integrated team. That defines irrelevance.

vCash
    I'll take Perl over just about anybody in college hoops any day. I would take Stands over what I've seen from Ray, but I don't really want either of them.

vCash
    our basketball program is fine. nothing to be concerned about here.***

I'd take Bruce Pearl 8 times a week over what we're putting on the floor right now.

vCash

And right on cue the Rick Ray lovers are all out bragging about the first road win in over 2 years. To them, this is the proof the last 3 years have been worth it. Cute bunch they are.

vCash
    Lotta man love goin' on here. Huba huba huba

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm glad we won, but I'm not overreacting. It's Auburn, Bruce Pearl or not.
    I'm happy that the team got a road win and broke a losing streak.

That said, let's pump the brakes. Sly Croom beat Nick Saban.