vCash

3 bears have escaped the plantation so far this month

Mathers is the latest to leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Yup

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 3m3 minutes ago
    RT @Kreager: BREAKING: Former Blackman RB I'Tavius Mathers has announced he is transferring from #OleMiss #HottyToddy

They still return Walton and Wilkins, who were their top two RBs, but, for a team that can't run the ball, I'm not sure that the best way to get better is to be losing experienced players.

vCash
    IMO, both are better than Hollowayyyyyyyy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    IMO, both are better than Hollowayyyyyyyy
    Not sure I'm following. Are you comparing their co-starters with a guy that, outside of special teams, usually only touches the ball in garbage time? Or were you just looking to take a shot a shot at Brandon?

vCash
    Processing?

Or the bad kind of attrition?

vCash
    Not sure I'm following. Are you comparing their co-starters with a guy that, outside of special teams, usually only touches the ball in garbage time? Or were you just looking to take a shot a shot at Brandon?
    Yeah, not sure why you would take a shot a Holloway like that. Dude has switched positions at the request of the coaches and has worked his butt off to do so. What's the point of even saying that?

vCash
    I knew about Dodson, but who was the third?

vCash
    I can understand why they are transferring because they have guys that really should be slot WR's that they are trying to make into every down running backs. They can go to Memphis and they will probably be utilized a lot better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I knew about Dodson, but who was the third?
    David Kamara, part of the Grayson team.

I posted this the other day, but out of that BEST CLASS EVAH in 2013 they are going to have about 8 4 star players never make any or very little contribution to their team.

Golson, Hooks, Koolio, Brassell, Dodson, Buchanon, Kincade, & Christian Morgan were all rated 4 star by at least one service. All except Morgan were 4 stars on 247 and Morgan was a 4 star on scout. That class really had only 5 very productive players, RK, Treadwell, Connor, Big Softy, and Engram, who was actually rated a 3 star. They also had Wilkins, who was rated a 4 star, but he doesn't enough to deserve a 4 star yet, but also hasn't busted enough to say he won't eventually play like a 4 star.

That class was very top heavy, and, while they have recruited well, next year they will have a lot of talent walking out the door that hasn't been adequately replaced.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-10-2015 at 12:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I posted this the other day, but out of that BEST CLASS EVAH in 2013 they are going to have about 8 4 star players never make any or very little contribution to their team.

That class was very top heavy, and, while they have recruited well, next year they will have a lot of talent walking out the door that hasn't been adequately replaced.
    Thanks. Yea, that class isn't very stellar all the sudden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

They definitely put all of their eggs in that 2013 class basket. It's kind of crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They definitely put all of their eggs in that 2013 class basket. It's kind of crazy.
    I'll say. Crootin hasn't been the same sense. You'd think a guy in his 4th crootin season could match how he crooted the lights out after his 1st full year.

What happened? Oh yeah, they got investigated. Hmmm...

They may or may not get in trouble because Bjork has some balls. But the shenanigans have calmed a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I'll say. Crootin hasn't been the same sense. You'd think a guy in his 4th crootin season could match how he crooted the lights out after his 1st full year.

What happened? Oh yeah, they got investigated. Hmmm...

They may or may not get in trouble because Bjork has some balls. But the shenanigans have calmed a bit.
    I also think that it was a situation where all the stars (no pun intended) lined up.

1. They had deep connections to three of the top players at their position group that year.

2. The city of Memphis had a really strong year that year in terms of talent- Frank Herron, Brian Kimbrow, Mark Dodson, and etc.

3. Three of the top players in the state happened to be from South Panola, and then two legacys- Buchanan and Kalio who upped their rating.

And then they just went all in and went for it and had "the best recruiting class ever."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I also think that it was a situation where all the stars (no pun intended) lined up.

1. They had deep connections to three of the top players at their position group that year.

2. The city of Memphis had a really strong year that year in terms of talent- Frank Herron, Brian Kimbrow, Mark Dodson, and etc.

3. Three of the top players in the state happened to be from South Panola, and then two legacys- Buchanan and Kalio who upped their rating.

And then they just went all in and went for it and had "the best recruiting class ever."
    The key to that class was Nutt. He signed Denzel, who was a 2 start, right? Getting on the inside track for his brother was huge for Freeze. Getting RK on board early was really the linchpin, since those guys go to camps and visits and and actively recruit all the other players. Without DK, no RK. No RK, no Treadwell and no Big Softy.

vCash
    Anybody that believes there was a sibling pull for RK doesn't know anything about RK or his mostly estranged family.

Tunsil & Treadwell laugh at proximity and siblings having anything to do with Ole Miss's pre-investigation crootin success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Anybody that believes there was a sibling pull for RK doesn't know anything about RK or his mostly estranged family.

Tunsil & Treadwell laugh at proximity and siblings having anything to do with Ole Miss's pre-investigation crootin success.
    You forgot to mention the black helicopters****

Yeah, I'm sure playing with his brother had no impact on RK at all, but hey, you are obviously close personal friends with him, so you know.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 01-10-2015 at 02:25 AM.

vCash
    By my count, there's 19 still with the program that showed up in that class of 29 on NSD.

By comparsion, we signed 23. We've got 17 remaining.

They've gotten more true production from those elite 4 than we've gotten from the whole class at this point though IMO...

vCash
    Who are the other 2?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    By my count, there's 19 still with the program that showed up in that class of 29 on NSD.

By comparsion, we signed 23. We've got 17 remaining.

They've gotten more true production from those elite 4 than we've gotten from the whole class at this point though IMO...
    As long as they don't get pushback from the high school coaches, this is exactly what we should be doing. They are going to end up with close to a full class and from what I have seen, I don't see a player that has left, except maybe Dodson who was in the two deep.

We need to do this more often. When its clear that we can sign recruits that exceed the talent level of a RS freshman or RS sophomore, I don't think we owe it to the player to keep him on scholly. Just my two cents.

vCash
    Another key to the class was winning the Egg Bowl. Losing that game cost us a lot, as did this year.