Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting.....

vCash

Interesting.....

On New Orleans radio this morning

Michael Detillier
    ‏@MikeDetillier
    RT "@jamesharalson: Ed Orgeron Says that he's been contacted by Dan Mullen at Mississippi State. "We had a great conversation."interesting"

Didn't Orgeron say he hadn't been contacted only a few days ago?

Why would he admit this now? Do you guys make anything of this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    On New Orleans radio this morning

Michael Detillier
    ‏@MikeDetillier
    RT "@jamesharalson: Ed Orgeron Says that he's been contacted by Dan Mullen at Mississippi State. "We had a great conversation."interesting"

Didn't Orgeron say he hadn't been contacted only a few days ago?

Why would he admit this now? Do you guys make anything of this?
    I really, really, really hope that we're about to swap out Turner for Orgeron. I like Turner. But O is way better in this spot.

vCash
    Manny as DC with O as DL coach/recruiting coordinator/assistant HC is my dream scenario. My only issue with the Manny hire by itself is that it's a downgrade from Collins in terms of recruiting, but bringing in O would make up for that plus much more.

Of course, it would be hard to justify paying the kind of money O most likely wants for anything less than a formal coordinator spot, but maybe he'll compromise now that it's looking like he may have been left out in the cold for a potential spot at LSU.

vCash
    A National Championship caliber team would justify the expense of bringing in O as Assistant Head Coach / Recruiting Coordinator.

vCash

I'll take bad everything bad I've said.

vCash
    I'm not going to get excited....but this could get interesting. Adding O to our staff could be a homerun.

We are saving money with Diaz over Collins. Does anybody know what Turner makes? If he is in the 300k range and we were prepared to give him and Collins a bump in pay...we may have an extra 750k out there that we could dangle in front of O as a DL/Recruiting Coord position. I won't believe it unless I see far more smoke though.

Orgeron may be getting desperate since we hired a DC. He could be trying to push LSU or someone else to make a move. Never know. It's fun January drama to watch regardless.

vCash
    Any chance Sallach gets moved to the office, Hughes to TE and Turner remains on staff? Turner could be the "DL coach" while O called the front of the D like he did with Clancy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm not going to get excited....but this could get interesting. Adding O to our staff could be a homerun.

We are saving money with Diaz over Collins. Does anybody know what Turner makes? If he is in the 300k range and we were prepared to give him and Collins a bump in pay...we may have an extra 750k out there that we could dangle in front of O as a DL/Recruiting Coord position. I won't believe it unless I see far more smoke though.

Orgeron may be getting desperate since we hired a DC. He could be trying to push LSU or someone else to make a move. Never know. It's fun January drama to watch regardless.
    It would be awesome, but I just don't see Mullen getting rid of David Turner. He is a good coach who is also the lead recruiter on Fletcher Adams, Gabe Campbell, and possibly others.

vCash
    Mike Detillier just said on Bo Bounds that schools are allowed 1 extra assistant coach starting this spring.

Does anyone know anything about this?

vCash
    It would be awesome, but I just don't see Mullen getting rid of David Turner. He is a good coach who is also the lead recruiter on Fletcher Adams, Gabe Campbell, and possibly others.
    Yea, not to mention O could be gone a year from now, and we would have lost Turner on a wild card.

vCash
    Mike Detillier just said on Bo Bounds that schools are allowed 1 extra assistant coach starting this spring.

I didn't know that.

Any chance we could convince O to JUST be recruiting coordinator, and pay him 500k? Or Co-DC/Recruiting and pay him what we're paying Manny?

vCash
    All of you pushing Turner out the door are idiots. The man has been a great coach for us. He he developed our dline, been a great recruiter, and done absolutely nothing to warrant anything but a pay raise. Only way O comes on staff will be something other than dline coach unless he gets another job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    All of you pushing Turner out the door are idiots. The man has been a great coach for us. He he developed our dline, been a great recruiter, and done absolutely nothing to warrant anything but a pay raise. Only way O comes on staff will be something other than dline coach unless he gets another job
    I agree with this

vCash

I thought that was talked as being a possibility but isn't definite yet. Could be wrong tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I didn't know that.

Any chance we could convince O to JUST be recruiting coordinator, and pay him 500k? Or Co-DC/Recruiting and pay him what we're paying Manny?
    Possibly, but, if the NCAA is allowing an extra assistant like Detillier said, then O's leverage just went way up since every program in the country would be needing an extra coach. I don't see it.

I just don't understand why O said 2 days ago that he hadn't spoken to Mullen, and now he says that he did.

vCash
    I agree with this
    Turner is the least liked coach on the staff. He has been an average recruiter and an average DL coach. The whole he has developed our DL is not true. Who has he really developed on out dl? I would say most have taken a step back in the last two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    I'm not pushing him out. At the same time though,I disagree about him deserving a raise. We had more talent than ever on our DL this year, and were far from dominant. That talent could have made any DL coach in the country look above average. That shit show in the bowl game was embarrassing.

That being said, I still don't think we should get rid of Turner. He's an above average DL coach overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Turner is the least liked coach on the staff. He has been an average recruiter and an average DL coach. The whole he has developed our DL is not true. Who has he really developed on out dl? I would say most have taken a step back in the last two years.
    I disagree. Preston Smith, Eulls, PJ, A J, Adams, Brown, Nick James, they have all gotten better. You may have a case with Chris this year but was really good as a true freshman and the weight seems to be an issue late this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I know Nick James and Preston Smith have gotten better. I don't see how you would know who the least liked coach on the staff is. Is our coaching staff a bunch of high school girls going around talking about who they don't like?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post

I'll take bad everything bad I've said.
    ^^^This^^^ I'd lose any negative thought I've ever had about OUR program.