Thread: Ole Miss fan's $900 Uber bill

vCash

Ole Miss fan's $900 Uber bill

drunk ole miss fan got in a can after the Peach Bowl, gave the driver his Oxford address, passed out, and was woken up in Oxford with a $900 taxi fare.

Just heard it on the radio. hilarious.

vCash
    It's not true. Guy is BSing. It would have been a lot more than that. On the first, they were charging up to 9x as much as normal because of the demand. Just an OM fan trying to be Internet cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    It's not true. Guy is BSing. It would have been a lot more than that. On the first, they were charging up to 9x as much as normal because of the demand. Just an OM fan trying to be Internet cool.
    Hahahaha I didn't even think of that. Bears going to new efforts to "win the party".

vCash

vCash
    I believe he was charged that, just don't think he went all the way to Mississippi from Atlanta and ONLY charged $900.

vCash
    On top of that, Uber send you a receipt when it drops you off.

In this case, it looks like he was picked up from 181 Peachtree Street at 2:21. And the guy already was home by 2:38 with the amount of his bill (when he received the e-mail)? Dude is just an idiot. He would have been barely out of Atlanta in 16 minutes.

vCash
    After a quick google search, we have an answer.

http://collegespun.com/features/ole-...up-to-908-bill

Update: After speaking to a representative at Uber, we’ve got some clarity on the situation. According to the company, the user in question did receive a $908 bill for his ride, but he never actually left the greater Atlanta region. The high fare was a result of both surge pricing (due to intense demand) and the inputting of an incorrect address. Uber claims it has worked with the user to reduce the overall price paid.
    OM fan lying to try to get press?! Shocking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    It is true, because I know the guy who it happened to. My best friend from my hometown goes to Ole Miss and it was one of his pledge brothers. He got in the taxi and jokingly gave the driver his address in Southaven, then passed out in the back.

vCash
    He didn't make it to MS, got into Alabama and woke up and turned around and went back to ATL...

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...-asleep-010515

vCash
    "Let me go ahead and say that I didn't come out of the party trashed...

I may have dozed off for a bit. My phone woke me up and I didn't realize we had been driving for about an hour and a half. The other three people in the car were also asleep...."

I guess the Uber driver filled the vehicle with sleeping gas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully041184 View Post

I may have dozed off for a bit. My phone woke me up and I didn't realize we had been driving for about an hour and a half. The other three people in the car were also asleep...."

hahahahaha. melatonin for everyone!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully041184 View Post

A better question is why would the Uber driver start on a 5 hour drive?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    A better question is why would the Uber driver start on a 5 hour drive?
    because he wasn't going to make $900 any other way that night. working 5 days at week over a 26 pay period year, that would be an annual salary of $234,000... for a cabbie.