Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does Ray have to do in order to get another year?

vCash

What does Ray have to do in order to get another year?

The termination papers were probably already drafted until he beat FSU.

Not a monumental win, but did stop the bleeding. Can he save his job with an 8-10 SEC season or does it take more? Or can he survive winning only 6 or 7 SEC games?

vCash
    people that have talked to the AD say that word is he will get both of his remaining 2 yrs. Stricklin gave him an extension of 1 yr after first year.

vCash
    With recruiting picking up- I think if he gets to 7 SEC wins he will surely be back. 6 or less and there is going to be some real talk of a change.

That's not based on anything I've heard recently- just my guess.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    people that have talked to the AD say that word is he will get both of his remaining 2 yrs. Stricklin gave him an extension of 1 yr after first year.
    I know that's the plan- but a 4-14 SEC finish and people are going to get loud.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The SEC is so horrendously bad right now, a .500 record shouldn't be unattainable.

vCash
    I agree coach - at some point it becomes apparent when it isn't going to work out. If the team from the losing streak shows up there is no way he stays.

If the team from the Utah State and FSU wins shows up then I think he gets to 7-8 wins and makes it another year. He's got to win a road game though at some point.

vCash
    an extension after that first year is firable offense.

vCash
    What does Ray have to do in order to get another year?

Change his name to John Calipari.

I've seen enough. Time to pee on the fire and call the dogs.

vCash
    To me he has to finish at or above .500 overall. I haven't been asked though. ***

vCash
    What I'd do is call and threaten to cancel my subscription. They usually will give you at least a few months of free service. Don't know about a year though....that's risky. But hell, worth a try.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    What I'd do is call and threaten to cancel my subscription. They usually will give you at least a few months of free service. Don't know about a year though....that's risky. But hell, worth a try.
    It's hard to get through to Bulldog Junction's customer service department these days...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It's hard to get through to Bulldog Junction's customer service department these days...
    Maybe Ray and Wardlaw are the same person.....hmmmmmm. It's one big Ponzi scheme!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    The termination papers were probably already drafted until he beat FSU.

Not a monumental win, but did stop the bleeding. Can he save his job with an 8-10 SEC season or does it take more? Or can he survive winning only 6 or 7 SEC games?
    For me...he needs to go .500 in SEC play.

vCash
    I think 8-10 in SEC play probably gets him his 4th year. And that's the absolutely worst case scenario for us. It's best for all involved for him to either go 6-12 and take it to the house or 12-6 and start to win over the fanbase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I know that's the plan- but a 4-14 SEC finish and people are going to get loud.
    That concerns the hell out of me. Why are they making any plans/expectations for him to be here beyond next year. At the very least, we should be firmly in the judge it year by year phase of Rick Ray's tenure.

vCash
    a) Make the NIT. Tall order at this point given the four awful losses.

b) Get Malik and at least be in the NIT conversation.

Regardless, the month of December needs to turn out to be a slump that we show TREMENDOUS improvement out of.

vCash
    I don't think ray has to go .500 in sec play. If he's 7-11, but we're in close games with all but kentucky, he'll probably be ok.

If he gets malik, he'll be back regardless. To get malik though, he probably has to come close to .500

Geezer
    vCash
    We will be lucky to win 5 in the league, that would put us at 12-19 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't think ray has to go .500 in sec play. If he's 7-11, but we're in close games with all but kentucky, he'll probably be ok.

If he gets malik, he'll be back regardless. To get malik though, he probably has to come close to .500

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastdoglover View Post
    We will be lucky to win 5 in the league, that would put us at 12-19 overall.
    I think so too. Who knows though? We looked much better with chicken and ware somewhat healthy. We'll have a better idea after tenn game. I think this is a must win for ray

vCash
    That was the most dumbass thing I ever heard of we look like shit after that first year ,I don't remember that being in the news about the extension.