Thread: Indiana game

vCash

Indiana game

Have we named a starter? I'm beginning to think we should throw pollo. Let Indiana hit flyballs bc they probably aren't going to get out at night anyway

vCash
    Cohen said either Pollo, Fitts, or Bracewell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Cohen said either Pollo, Fitts, or Bracewell.
    Stating the obvious huh? Cohen not telling anything. Haha

vCash
    Yea, I'm almost wishing we would start Lindgren. He's the closest thing we have to Girodo when it comes to a slider. But if Cohen wants to give them different looks, I'm expecting Fitts to start.

vCash
    We're not saying because Indiana isn't saying anything either.

Senior Member Ghost of Hank Flick's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm sure IU will throw their Big Ten pitcher of the year, Slegers. You'd have to be pretty nuts to save him, right? He's 6'-10" but tops out at 89. Nevertheless, he's obviously good being the pitcher of the year regardless of conference.

Whoever we start, I'll take just one good inning. I'd be temped to start Bracewell and go Johnny Wholestaff. Indiana has scored in the 1st inning in 50% of their games this year. If we could get 1-2 out of Bracewell and then maybe Pollo, then go to Girodo to stretch and maybe finish it - that would be ideal to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Hank Flick View Post
    I'm sure IU will throw their Big Ten pitcher of the year, Slegers. You'd have to be pretty nuts to save him, right? He's 6'-10" but tops out at 89. Nevertheless, he's obviously good being the pitcher of the year regardless of conference.

Whoever we start, I'll take just one good inning. I'd be temped to start Bracewell and go Johnny Wholestaff. Indiana has scored in the 1st inning in 50% of their games this year. If we could get 1-2 out of Bracewell and then maybe Pollo, then go to Girodo to stretch and maybe finish it - that would be ideal to me.
    No doubt when Bracewell is on he is much more unhittable than Pollo or Fitts. Against UCA for the first couple of innings Braceswell was just nasty. Seems like he definitely loses some effectiveness though around the 35-40 pitch range.

vCash
    Regardless of who starts, the key is getting out of the 1st inning against Indiana. Girodo has shown he can give us 4-5 innings out of the pen, and you'd think Ross could maybe throw an inning or two. Not sure what his pitch count got up to Saturday though.

vCash
    This game is huge, we need to win to get the bye to Friday. So all arms should be available except Graveman..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    This game is huge, we need to win to get the bye to Friday. So all arms should be available except Graveman..
    If we make it to Friday, I would expect Graveman to be available. But probably need him to start game 1 of Championship series if we make it.

vCash
    Is Indy's lineup predominantly RH or LH?

vCash
    About even number of RH and LH in their lineup. One key however is that their best 3 hitters (at least avg. wise) are all LH.

vCash
    They have four lefties and one switch hitter

vCash
    Fitts gets the nod. Hopefully he shows out tonight.