Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ******* Post game comment

vCash

******* Post game comment

Thanks for smitty to showing me this, but THIS http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mis...ting-comments/

I cant prove that he actually said this, even if the article says its according to CBS sports. But if he did say this, it is beyond the words that i know in the english language to describe how unfathomable it is to have that train of thought. No wonder it was the worst performance i have ever seen him and his staff have since they have been here. I want to know your guys thoughts, if I am Scott Stricklin, he would have been in my office THIS morning. After the result of yesterday, you have to believe he had this attitude prior to the game. And that is exactly why the game turned out the way it did. How can anyone expect the players to play hard if the coach is not coaching hard. Wow. Beyond words. If I am overreacting tell me i wont take offense to any of it. to me it makes me as mad at this staff as i have ever been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Thanks for smitty to showing me this, but THIS http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mis...ting-comments/

I cant prove that he actually said this, even if the article says its according to CBS sports. But if he did say this, it is beyond the words that i know in the english language to describe how unfathomable it is to have that train of thought. No wonder it was the worst performance i have ever seen him and his staff have since they have been here. I want to know your guys thoughts, if I am Scott Stricklin, he would have been in my office THIS morning. After the result of yesterday, you have to believe he had this attitude prior to the game. And that is exactly why the game turned out the way it did. How can anyone expect the players to play hard if the coach is not coaching hard. Wow. Beyond words. If I am overreacting tell me i wont take offense to any of it. to me it makes me as mad at this staff as i have ever been.
    Yea it kind of pisses me off...but he was also frustrated and venting. I caught myself throwing a tantrum as well. I think he just couldn't immediately admit he got out coached.

vCash
    It wasn't his attitude prior to the game, he's just pissed off and making excuses. He tried to leave during the post-game press conference and his attitude was total shit, which I can appreciate (mine was too). He should not have said it (doesn't sound like he did state it publicly) and Stricklin should probably talk to him, but I don't think he mailed it in. I think it's the opposite: he completely underestimated his opponent and then we game up 4 or 5 big plays that broke our backs. Had we executed what we do and limited those big plays to just a couple, it would have been the opposite result. We played too tight and conservative, that's totally on Dan. He thought Hugh would roll over (shit, I did too). WRONG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    Yea it kind of pisses me off...but he was also frustrated and venting. I caught myself throwing a tantrum as well. I think he just couldn't immediately admit he got out coached.
    You sir nailed it. He knows he got outcoached and he's pissed off. I would be too, because honestly I think Hugh is a pretty shitty coach. But not yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    There is no way he did not have this attitude going into the game, players and other coaches can pick up on it. Even if he didnt say that to them, you can still pick up on it by his actions. No excuse.

vCash
    He probably was right. One point of order though: he said that after the game, not before it. There was plenty to bitch about, but this is just nit picking.

vCash
    There is no way he did not have this attitude going into the game, players and other coaches can pick up on it. Even if he didnt say that to them, you can still pick up on it by his actions. No excuse.
    You can't know what is in his mind, I just think you're way off base here. He's venting and making excuses, there is ZERO evidence that he carried a negative attitude into the game or didn't project the attitude to win. A lack of preparation, inadequate game plan and bad luck and then poor adjustments are what killed us yesterday. Not Dan's attitude.

Banned
    vCash
    After LSU's near comeback I thought the leaving anything for chance lesson was learned... all of these "lessons" that I keep hearing about having to be learned are starting to repeat themselves......

You don't make that statement if it's not already in your mind. It's shows a defeatest attitude which is the attitude we played with. Some of you still don't get what yesterday meant... It is 100% unacceptable. I'll straight up call for Collins head. You don't lose a shot at a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP to THAT TEAM in THAT WAY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    He probably was right. One point of order though: he said that after the game, not before it. There was plenty to bitch about, but this is just nit picking.
    There is no way that the players and other coaches cannot pick up on this kind of attitude. You dont just start thinking that after the game because duh no shit we had no chance with 2 losses. I dont want to believe that he had that attitude going in, but if it did, it sure as hell explains a lot.

vCash
    You need to give it a rest dude. I ain't happy either, see last night, but you need to can this BS. You are way out of line. If anything we were all to confident. Can it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randyholloway View Post
    You can't know what is in his mind, I just think you're way off base here. He's venting and making excuses, there is ZERO evidence that he carried a negative attitude into the game or didn't project the attitude to win. A lack of preparation, inadequate game plan and bad luck and then poor adjustments are what killed us yesterday. Not Dan's attitude.
    But a shitty attitude from dan would lead to an inadequate game plan and poor adjustments?? If im wrong im wrong. But this pissed me off worse than the game did when i saw it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You need to give it a rest dude. I ain't happy either, see last night, but you need to can this BS. You are way out of line. If anything we were all to confident. Can it.
    i appreciate your thoughts i just wanted to know what others thought of it. dont see how im out of line for questioning a statement like that from our head coach after the biggest game of the year the he and the team flopped in....but thats all. not trying to start anything.
    Last edited by GTHOM; 11-30-2014 at 10:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    After LSU's near comeback I thought the leaving anything for chance lesson was learned... all of these "lessons" that I keep hearing about having to be learned are starting to repeat themselves......

You don't make that statement if it's not already in your mind. It's shows a defeatest attitude which is the attitude we played with. Some of you still don't get what yesterday meant... It is 100% unacceptable. I'll straight up call for Collins head. You don't lose a shot at a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP to THAT TEAM in THAT WAY!!!
    my thoughts exactly

vCash
    Without hearing him say it, there's no way for me to to form an opinion.

What I did hear and see was the presser after the game. Mullen telling the media guys, paraphrasing here - Ive said I want to build a championship program here and win a championship here. Now I don't hear you guys laughing about that like you have been the past 2-3 years -

That was awesome to me.

vCash
    He's a good coach, but he did a horrible job on this game. The taking Thursday off with a game Saturday is dumb for the ages. Neither he nor anybody else knows whether we could have made the playoff. Never will.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We practiced Thursday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We practiced Thursday.
    Okay. Must've practiced in the morning if the players were allowed to go home that day. I just read (here and elsewhere) that the players and coaches were allowed Thanksgiving at their homes. Maybe that's not the way that it sounds. Just knowing how geographically spread the players are, I didn't think it was possible to also work. Maybe the many who had far to travel were excused, or maybe it didn't even happen, for all I know.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We got of practice that afternoon. Very few guys actually left & went home.

vCash
    There was only one Egg Bowl team that knew they weren't going to the playoffs going into the game. Our offensive and defensive gameplans made it unanimous.

vCash
    Maybe im reading too much into it, but he clearly said he thought the committee would find a way to put us out, i didnt see any committee member give any evidence that that would happen. I saw a bunch of asshats on tv say what they thought should or would happen. And it obviously got to Dan. That is a negative any way you spin it. I am a Mullen guy. I was a Mullen guy when we were 4-6 last year. But to see these comments after a game that we looked so unprepared and uninspired from the head coach on down, it makes you question whether or not he was fully committed to this game. Now he did say other things in his presser and showed some fire and some emotion, hopefully he just said this out of anger and realizing he and the staff screwed up. Maybe it will drive him to prepare his ass off like never before for these bowl practices and get every player on that roster better out of it and beat the hell out of whoever we play in the bowl game. I hope so.