Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't believe we rode a 17ing bus...

vCash

I can't believe we rode a 17ing bus...

for 2 1/2 hours the morning of the biggest game of our lives.

vCash
    youd better believe it. i cant believe the coaches shit the bed in such spectacular fashion in every phase of the game either but it happened. absolutely unacceptable

vCash
    Yep, bused to Tuscaloosa and Oxford the morning of those games and played like crap in both. Maybe we had bus lag.

vCash
    This hasn't been talked about a lot but I also don't understand it. Isn't it less of a distraction to be up there the night before, do a walk through in the morning, etc.? We did the same thing for Bama and it seems like we just came out so flat.

vCash
    The bus ride took an hour and a half or less to Oxford and an hour to Ttown. Not the reason we came out flat
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    The bus ride took an hour and a half or less to Oxford and an hour to Ttown. Not the reason we came out flat
    its not the only reason but it has something to do with it

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    It damn sure doesn't help. Stay in ****ing tupelo. It's part of focusing.

vCash
    Yup, for years we stayed the night before. I thought they did a walk through the afternoon before most years. Could be wrong. Mullen's thinking must be it is better to sleep in your own bed when possible. But a 2.5 hour ride cancels that out imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    It damn sure doesn't help. Stay in ****ing tupelo. It's part of focusing.
    Have you never played sports? A short bus ride never kept someone from focusing on a game. That's a horrible excuse. The team got out played, and it wasn't because we rode on a bus for an hour or so the morning of the game.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Maybe, maybe not... Who knows why we were flat? The fact is we bussed from home on gameday twice and were flat both times. That's good enough for me to say never do it again. Oh and I hope the players enjoyed their home on thanksgiving bc it would be their last time while they wear maroon if I was coach

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Have you never played sports? A short bus ride never kept someone from focusing on a game. That's a horrible excuse. The team got out played, and it wasn't because we rode on a bus for an hour or so the morning of the game.
    Yeah I did and coached it, did you (Besides ****ing soccer...)? Theres a ****ing reason teams stay in hotels for road games no matter the distance, and most home games too. It's called focus. It's the entire package not just the fact of getting on the bus and riding. The bus isn't the issue it's the fact we "bussed" morning of the game. It's stupid to do and controllable and we didn't handle it correctly. If you think this whole argument is just the bus ride itself you aren't in the area code.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not... Who knows why we were flat? The fact is we bussed from home on gameday twice and were flat both times. That's good enough for me to say never do it again. Oh and I hope the players enjoyed their home on thanksgiving bc it would be their last time while they wear maroon if I was coach
    If it is part of the reason we came out flat, then that's on leadership. That's a bigger issue than riding a bus the morning of.

Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Yeah I did and coached it, did you (Besides ****ing soccer...)? Theres a ****ing reason teams stay in hotels for road games no matter the distance, and most home games too. It's called focus. It's the entire package not just the fact of getting on the bus and riding. The bus isn't the issue it's the fact we "bussed" morning of the game. It's stupid to do and controllable and we didn't handle it correctly. If you think this whole argument is just the bus ride itself you aren't in the area code.
    Yes I did. You have anger issues. Do you always feel the need to cuss at people who disagree with you?

Many teams travel short distances the day of whatever game they are playing or are you saying they don't? Uncommon for college football? Sure. Uncommon for sports in general? No
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I know when I ride on a bus I get damn sleepy. The ride can make you lose some focus.

... And there's the whole going home for thanksgiving thing. Huge game ahead, have it together as a football family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I know when I ride on a bus I get damn sleepy. The ride can make you lose some focus.

... And there's the whole going home for thanksgiving thing. Huge game ahead, have it together as a football family.
    The second part seems like a bigger issue to me. They are allowed to go home for Thanksgiving. I saw multiple players tweet Thursday about getting to go home.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Yea bus rides are horrible. That's why Starkville High lost to SP. They should have traveled by plane and landing on the field. This bus ride theory is the most absurd excuse I've seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Yea bus rides are horrible. That's why Starkville High lost to SP. They should have traveled by plane and landing on the field. This bus ride theory is the most absurd excuse I've seen.
    it will flatten you out in a heartbeat, it has nothing to do with the coaching staff coaching and preparing as bad as i have seen since theyve gotten here, but it was stupid to send them home on thursday and take a bus when you can stay there. mullen did not do it in 2012 or 2010.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    USP came out very slow, ****ing up a ton the 1st half. They easily could have been down 20 at the half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    USP came out very slow, ****ing up a ton the 1st half. They easily could have been down 20 at the half.
    Probably because Pogue rode them around on a bus for a couple of hours***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    its not the only reason but it has something to do with it
    Exactly, riding a bus is not the problem but getting directly off a 2 hour bus ride to play the game can certainly have an effect. Sounds very high schoolish.

vCash
    yep and we are paying mullen and the staff millions to do it