Thread: Sombody had to do this

vCash

Sombody had to do this

might as well be me. If someone had guaranteed we could have been 9-1 right now at the start of the season would you have taken it? I posted I thought we would be at 6-4 or possibly 7-3 so I guess in all honesty I would have to say I would have taken it. That doesn't change the fact that we probabaly ought to be 10-0. It's over and done with, here is to 11-1!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    might as well be me. If someone had guaranteed we could have been 9-1 right now at the start of the season would you have taken it? I posted I thought we would be at 6-4 or possibly 7-3 so I guess in all honesty I would have to say I would have taken it. That doesn't change the fact that we probabaly ought to be 10-0. It's over and done with, here is to 11-1!
    Yes, before the season, I would have taken it. However, expectations change throughout the course of the season based upon the quality of of our team and those that we play. Hell, expectations change within individual games. What is so disappointing is that, even prior to the season, almost all experts were talking about how this was a "stars aligned" season for us or Ole Miss to make a run--and they were right. There are no other good QB's in the SECW outside of Mississippi and all the teams we played were flawed (as are we). It's kind of that, "If not now, then when?" feeling that's so frustrating. We coulda/shoulda won that football game Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg View Post
    Yes, before the season, I would have taken it. However, expectations change throughout the course of the season based upon the quality of of our team and those that we play. Hell, expectations change within individual games. What is so disappointing is that, even prior to the season, almost all experts were talking about how this was a "stars aligned" season for us or Ole Miss to make a run--and they were right. There are no other good QB's in the SECW outside of Mississippi and all the teams we played were flawed (as are we). It's kind of that, "If not now, then when?" feeling that's so frustrating. We coulda/shoulda won that football game Saturday.
    You took the word right out of my mouth.. or fingertips. Just like last year, when we needed 2 wins to end the season just to make a bowl game. Before the season I expected more, but at that point I was going to be happy to just make a bowl. Expectations are fluid, and ultimately decide if I'm disappointed or not.

One thing that some people seem to have trouble separating though is changing expectations and overall satisfaction with the season. Just because people are disappointed we lost the game (for whatever reason) doesn't mean all those people aren't still very happy with what we've done this season and where we are as a program. You can be both.