Thread: Just got my Sports Illustrated Basketball issue

Geezer
    vCash

Just got my Sports Illustrated Basketball issue

And no, MSU is not ranked. However, the funny part is there is a picture of Senquez Golson making a tackle of Sammie Coates from Auburn and he is all over the face mask. I didn't hear any Black Bears bemoaning that call. We all realize the Bears never lose a game, it is always the ref's fault or some other nonsense. I just thought it was ironic since they have bitched all week about the officiating.
    Last edited by coastdoglover; 11-06-2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: name wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastdoglover View Post
    And no, MSU is not ranked. However, the funny part is there is a picture of Senquez Golson making a tackle of Ben Coates from Auburn and he is all over the face mask. I didn't hear any Black Bears bemoaning that call. We all realize the Bears never lose a game, it is always the ref's fault or some other nonsense. I just thought it was ironic since they have bitched all week about the officiating.
    Sammie Coates*

vCash
    Speaking of Senquez Golson, is he really this good or do teams think he is the weakness on Ole Miss' defense and thus target him more than anyone else?

He leads the SEC with an astonishing 9 interceptions, but 9 is such a high number, that I'm curious if he is just being targeted far more than anyone else. Perhaps he is the best DB in the league, but he doesn't show up on mock drafts and it seems like the best DBs in the league wouldn't be targeted enough to accumulate 9 interceptions.

In comparison, Vernon Hargreaves only has 1 int and only 9 pass breakups on the season. So Golson has just as many INTs this season and Vernon Hargreaves has pass breakups.

Does this make any sense?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-06-2014 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    Absolutely makes sense. That's why you'll usually see a CB in the NFL have 1 big INT year, then the ints disappear. Either they are legit studs and teams start throwing elsewhere or the ints were flukes and not sustainable season to season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Speaking of Senquez Golson, is he really this good or do teams think he is the weakness on Ole Miss' defense and thus target him more than anyone else?

He leads the SEC with an astonishing 9 interceptions, but 9 is such a high number, that I'm curious if he is just being targeted far more than anyone else. Perhaps he is the best DB in the league, but he doesn't show up on mock drafts and it seems like the best DBs in the league wouldn't be targeted enough to accumulate 9 interceptions.

In comparison, Vernon Hargreaves only has 1 int and only 9 pass breakups on the season. So Golson has just as many INTs this season and Vernon Hargreaves has pass breakups.

Does this make any sense?
    I think Golson is pretty damn good, especially as a college player. The reasons he isn't seen very high on draft boards is probably because of his height and his baseball prospects...

ETA: Because he's not highly touted and his height could be a reason why he is tested a lot

Geezer
    vCash
    Now, back to the real purpose of the post before the hijacking, how about those Bear fans?

vCash
    Now, back to the real purpose of the post before the hijacking, how about those Bear fans?
    Yeah, sorry. I just had that thought when I saw Golson's name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    I think Golson is pretty damn good, especially as a college player. The reasons he isn't seen very high on draft boards is probably because of his height and his baseball prospects...

ETA: Because he's not highly touted and his height could be a reason why he is tested a lot
    Apparently, other teams aren't all that impressed with him since they endlessly throw at him

Banned
    vCash
    Thought this was a basketball thread

Geezer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Thought this was a basketball thread

We have deemphasized basketball. Wait till next year

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Well if anyone wants to, I'm going to head to the game and do a game thread for the Exhibition vs. Delta State. Tip is at 6
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Well if anyone wants to, I'm going to head to the game and do a game thread for the Exhibition vs. Delta State. Tip is at 6
    I'll contribute in the game thread. I'm excited to see the new five playing. Dunlap, Houston, Black, Daniels and Ndoye should all play tonight.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll contribute in the game thread. I'm excited to see the new five playing. Dunlap, Houston, Black, Daniels and Ndoye should all play tonight.
    We'll see....halfway wish I could get credentialed.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Good. Glad to know. Now I can make sure I don't read it

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Good. Glad to know. Now I can make sure I don't read it
    Better yet how about you contribute something of value to this board.

vCash
    Just keep up the good work.**********

vCash
    If that means saying something stupid as shit, why try, you are the leader in the clubhouse.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If that means saying something stupid as shit, why try, you are the leader in the clubhouse.
    How many scholarship players did we dress for the game tonight? Is it more than we did in the first game of either season 1 or season 2? You still don't get it. Moron.

vCash
    Strick would actually have to emphasize it before he can deemphasize it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Strick would actually have to emphasize it before he can deemphasize it.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^^^