Thread: This stat just floored me

vCash

This stat just floored me

Dak throwing for 300 yards last night was the first MSU QB to do so since 2007. It's been 7 frigging years since we had a QB throw for the benchmark 300 yards.

vCash
    Damn really? Haha, I thought Tyler Russell had at least one 300 yard game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    He had 297 I think at LSU in 2012, but that's the closest he got.

Wes Carrol had 400+ at Arky in 07; the same game where McFadden ran and returned the rock all up and down our asses.

Carrol had 4 tds that game...to go along with his 4 ints.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    He didn't which is really startling given Russell was primarily a pocket passer. Given the dual threat nature of the offense with Dak not particularly surprising that he doesn't get that many opportunities to pass for 300. Would have had well over 300 yards though already against Arkansas if Ross had held on to the TD pass that would have gone for over 70 yards.

Banned
    vCash
    The stat that floors me is that our defense is dead last in college football in passing yards yet 1st in the nation in red zone defense, 3rd down defense and 1st in the SEC in sacks and tfl. Oh and 6th in the nation in interceptions. So odd. Guess it has something to do with how Geoff Collins plays pass protection.

vCash
    Its a scheme thing... asks his dbs to play alot of man against really good SEC receivers which is hard really hard... when we get to the redzone there is less green grass and things tighten up

vCash
    Bend but don't break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedawg View Post
    Its a scheme thing... asks his dbs to play alot of man against really good SEC receivers which is hard really hard... when we get to the redzone there is less green grass and things tighten up
    Agreed, I've never seen a defense play with so little safety help on long passes.