Thread: Bobby Hall retiring from Madison Central

vCash

Bobby Hall retiring from Madison Central

Madison Central High School announced today that Head Football Coach and Athletic Director Bobby Hall will retire at the end of the current season, after nine years of service in that dual capacity.

His tenure as head football coach at Madison Central includes seven district championships, and an overall record of 85-31, with a record of 52-9 in district play. He led the Jaguars to five consecutive North State Final appearances from 2008-2012, and he was named BankPlus Coach of the Year in 2009, following a season where USA Today ranked Madison Central as the 10th best team in the nation.

His 37 total years of coaching experience includes 30 years of Mississippi high school head coaching positions at Amory, Raleigh, Louisville, and Wayne County. His overall high school career record is 296-83, and includes four state championships. His coaching resume also includes stints in college, JUCO and semi-pro ball.

The Clarion-Ledger named Hall the Coach of the Year in 1995 while at Amory High School. In 2002, he was recognized by the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges as the Coach of the Year.

?Coach Hall is ending a stellar career as only the third head coach/athletic director in the 23 year history of Madison Central High School, ? observed Madison County Schools? Superintendent Dr. Ronnie McGehee. ?We will begin the search process immediately for his replacement, and hope to make that announcement in the very near future.?

vCash
    Hello Brad Peterson

vCash
    I heard Sandra Bullock is thinking about throwing her hat in the ring.

vCash
    I say good riddance. Maybe I will go watch my old team again. Haven't been back since they hired him.

vCash
    I'm going to miss the Lord of the District Titles.

vCash
    Now Todd, the "lord of district titles" is playing golf. He did happen to have 4 NFLers one time though.

Banned
    vCash
    Expected. He will get his check from the state for 30 years service then either coach academy or move to another state. Will Ole Miss "place" the next coach there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Expected. He will get his check from the state for 30 years service then either coach academy or move to another state. Will Ole Miss "place" the next coach there?
    Tupelo Christian doesn't have a football program I believe. Seems like it might be a good fit for a "farm team" for Ole Miss and Hall.

vCash
    This will be an interesting deal.....we are about to find out if all is really Ok in Brandon!

Or does Pogue move south?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg33 View Post
    Now Todd, the "lord of district titles" is playing golf. He did happen to have 4 NFLers one time though.
    He also has a State Title at MC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    This will be an interesting deal.....we are about to find out if all is really Ok in Brandon!

Or does Pogue move south?
    That would be horrible. If Northwest Rankin doesn't want Pogue, then MC probably doesn't want him either.

Peterson does seem to be the "logical" choice.

vCash
    Sweet lord, please not Pogue. I played for the guy at MC my senior year (he was DC). We had a great defense before he got there (Ted quit or retired or whatever happened). He single handedly ruined our squad. The fact he's an Ole Miss goat makes it worse.