Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best HS payer you played with/against?

vCash

Best HS payer you played with/against?

For me, I would say Edward Prather or Dicenzo Miller. They were both sophomores at the time I believe, which made it more impressive to me.

Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 10-22-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I played against Dicenzo his senior year and brother im telling you he was nearly unstoppable. Bo Woodard was on that team too and he was a beast. Played against Von Hutchins too when he was Cathedral. He was tough.

vCash
    Zach Grienke and Prince Fielder

vCash
    Lester Earl
    Charles Hathaway
    Marcus Bullard
    Synika Taylor
    Kobe Bryant (same tournament... didn't get to play against him though).

I'm sure I'm missing a few...

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Played against Cam Lawrence. Beat him for the state championship his senior year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Tough to top

vCash
    Don Smith

vCash
    jemarcus russel

vCash
    Larry Kramer and Ben Williams (Yazoo City) , both ended up at TSUN .

vCash
    Eric Zeier
    Marlon Byrd (Still Playing!!)
    Kris Benson (hit me twice w/ fastballs)
    Shane Monahan

An just to name drop, Marcus Alexander "Buff" Bagwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tough to top
    Actually beat Grienke @ Apopka in our second matchup against them. They brought him out of center in middle relief and he just didn't have "it" that day. Walked a guy then gave up an RBI double to a teammate of mine that's still in MLB. Grienke was a more impressive hitter in the 2 games we played against him. We threw what eventually became an elite SEC pitcher in game 1 and they destroyed him. Came back with prettymuch a right handed Ross Mitchell and won a shutout 1-0 to take the tourney. Funny how more talented high school teams(and college teams for that matter) most often struggle to deal with the change of pace. The way it actually went down, I was surprised when I saw his draft projection and how high he actually went a little over a year later. He was a big deal and there were a bunch of scouts there -- but we sure didn't know how big of deal yet or we probably would have grabbed a few autographs...

Fielder was the best pure hitter I've ever seen live in person. He shut down our pregame to watch him take BP with a wood bat. Actually used wood on the summer travelling circuit in a metal bat league the first year of the -3s. His swing was literally scary to people on the right side of the field. He was a pretty intimidating guy overall. Just so much bigger and stronger than everybody else.
    Last edited by engie; 10-22-2014 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    Brian Cole (Meridian) best player ive played against in high school, JC, or the SEC
    Kenny Smith (Meridian)
    Freddie Millions (Starkville)
    Eddie Strong (South Panola)
    Toward Sanford (South Panola)
    Kevin Jones (South Panola)
    Mike Goss (Louisville)

vCash
    Steve McNair

Banned
    vCash
    Matt McCalphin of Mize was the best Baseball player I ever played against. He smoked me in the ribs with a 90 mph fastball in a game when it was under 40 degrees. It was awful. lol

vCash
    Marcus West at Columbus. He went on to be a stud at Memphis.. All Cusa in 04 and 05.. I had no answer.. He was tall and long and I just couldn't block him when he didn't want me to.. He was so long I couldn't cut him.. I took a cheap shot out of frustration.. Didn't even get him off his feet.. Just got a flag.. There were other really good players at Panola and Starkville (Tee Millons) among others but as far as who lined up across from me all night West was good

vCash
    We also played Memphis East that year who won the Tennessee state title... They had a line backer that was a stud.. I mean really good.. Don't remember his name.. Anyways he was on the First 48 a few years ago as a murder victim.. He was a real live gangster killer.. So I give him most dangerous human I played against award

vCash
    Bernard Sykes at Northwest in juco. He should still be in the nfl but got caught up in shit.

vCash
    Definitely top notch. Engie, you would have really enjoyed playing ball in our region in Cobb County, GA. My SR. year in HS I faced 12 pitchers in region games that either got drafted or pitched D1. 20+ years later it is still the SECW of HS baseball in GA. Made me feel not so bad about my .250 BA and .500 OBP.

vCash
    I pitched against Prince at a baseball tourney in Orlando. That was when he was a pile of slop and not a man beast like he is today.
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Definitely top notch. Engie, you would have really enjoyed playing ball in our region in Cobb County, GA. My SR. year in HS I faced 12 pitchers in region games that either got drafted or pitched D1. 20+ years later it is still the SECW of HS baseball in GA. Made me feel not so bad about my .250 BA and .500 OBP.
    I traveled most of the country playing baseball, and the East Cobb Astros were the best all around team I have ever seen or played against.
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?