Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big stat regarding Bama.....

vCash

Big stat regarding Bama.....

Bama had 37 called runs vs Arkansas, they only had a Total of 15 yards before contact on those carries.

Ole Miss held them to 10, Arkansas to 14.

What that tells you is that their O-line is no where near as dominant as it has been in the past. No matter how great Bama recruits if their O-line is a little down with that Pro-Style offense, they can be beat. I like our chances to stop their run and make them one-dimensional.

vCash
    It will be tough because it is on the road, but we have as good a chance as any. Alabama's defense is pretty good as well, and that's going to give them a shot against us.

vCash
    We gave them fits last year- and we are better and they are worse. If we had had any semblance of an offense- we could have pulled it off last year.

It will be a battle in T-Town- but this is our year.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It will be tough because it is on the road, but we have as good a chance as any. Alabama's defense is pretty good as well, and that's going to give them a shot against us.
    Their corners are good but not great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We gave them fits last year- and we are better and they are worse. If we had had any semblance of an offense- we could have pulled it off last year.

It will be a battle in T-Town- but this is our year.
    You mean if we would've had Dak, we'd have won

vCash
    it's a bad matchup for them. bad as in terrible.

we will score. our offense is too good. and they will not run the ball downhill on us. If we bracket Cooper and can make their TE irrelevant in PA, they're going to have a very hard time moving the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You mean if we would've had Dak, we'd have won
    If Bear had caught that pass from our 3rd string QB it could have been interesting. And Bama had AJ McCarron at QB. Crazy.

vCash
    I still think Bama can beat any team in the country at any site, and they still have a roster full of world class athletes. My current theory on why they are not playing to their potential is I think the locker room is a mess. They have a QB in his fifth year in the program, paid all his dues and waited his time. They bascially tell him he is not good enough and bring in someone to take the regins. I think Saban lost the locker room this year and that is the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    it's a bad matchup for them. bad as in terrible.

we will score. our offense is too good. and they will not run the ball downhill on us. If we bracket Cooper and can make their TE irrelevant in PA, they're going to have a very hard time moving the ball.
    I think the only way we lose is if we let Cooper go wild, turn the ball over 3+ times, or have special teams breakdowns.

vCash
    Bama is still a very good football team and we have to go there. That game will be tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Bama is still a very good football team and we have to go there. That game will be tough.
    Of course it will be tough. But that stat shows me that with our D-line, Bama won't be able to just line up and run it up and down the field on us. I would say it's a 50/50 game. Bama has an edge b/c it's at Bama, but we have a big edge at QB. I would say Bama has an edge with their skill players, but I like our edge in the trenches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    I still think Bama can beat any team in the country at any site, and they still have a roster full of world class athletes. My current theory on why they are not playing to their potential is I think the locker room is a mess. They have a QB in his fifth year in the program, paid all his dues and waited his time. They bascially tell him he is not good enough and bring in someone to take the regins. I think Saban lost the locker room this year and that is the issue.
    that could be some of it, but losing their Reggie Bush for the season hurts a lot. Having an undependable OL hurts a lot more. Having an inconsistent QB has to be incredibly frustrating for Saban. Those 3 things alone can kill an offense, with or without locker room issues.

I do think they're going to have locker room issues one way or the other. I just hope they keep winning until we play them. I don't want to see Saban coming off a 2nd loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    that could be some of it, but losing their Reggie Bush for the season hurts a lot. Having an undependable OL hurts a lot more. Having an inconsistent QB has to be incredibly frustrating for Saban. Those 3 things alone can kill an offense, with or without locker room issues.

I do think they're going to have locker room issues one way or the other. I just hope they keep winning until we play them. I don't want to see Saban coming off a 2nd loss.
    I agree with most of this , but I think if Bama slips and loses a game before we get there they may just go ahead and shut it down ..I'm not sure they know how to play the spoiler role... . I know their fans will basically shut it down..

vCash
    It's going to be a battle, but one we should win.

vCash
    the DL is Nasty good... the right side of the OL is revoltingly poor... getting Kelly back from injury will improve them a good bit...

if they can FINALLY gel (esp in the OL and at CB) they will be very difficult to beat...

and god forbid we cleanly field a freakin punt...

otherwise, we're awesome

edit: Hack, you're right... re: Drake
    Last edited by TUSK; 10-16-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    We win by two TD's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    the DL is Nasty good... the right side of the OL is revoltingly poor... getting Kelly back from injury will improve them a good bit...

if they can FINALLY gel (esp in the OL and at CB) they will be very difficult to beat...

and god forbid we cleanly field a freakin punt...

otherwise, we're awesome
    I forgot Kelly was out vs Arkansas.

vCash
    yall's defense balled out, as per usual, last year..... Bammer was a bit sloppy too...

I don't think the score was remotely indicative of how the game actually went, though...

With yall playing so well, now... and Bama sucking, the '13 game seems a lifetime ago...

No.

vCash
    As long as Lane Kiffin is the OC we have the upper hand. He'll be lucky if his brother gets him a TE coaching position at the plantation next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAVdog View Post
    We win by two TD's
    care to make a sig bet on that?

My current sig (as awesome as it is) is gettin' stale....

No.