Thread: MSU fan or nah?

vCash

MSU fan or nah?

Saw this posted on one of the many highlight videos from our win over Auburn:

Mixed emotions--I'm a die hard MS State fan but OMG Auburn had to score at least 14 just to cover bad ref calls. Maybe I'm the only one seeing things this way but as a former football referee as well the refs took Auburn to the cleaners in my mind. Shallow victory for MS State and taking no credit away from MSU. Almost wish MS coach's contract would have allowed him to comment a moment at least in post-game
    Call me crazy but how can you call yourself a die hard State fan and then go on to say that our victory was shallow?

Sounds like an upset Auburn fan or a bear fan trying to downplay our win to me.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Hayyyyyyyle no- especially after everything Auburn has done. Karma is a bitch and she got her revenge Saturday

**** them and **** that impersonator
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    ya think?

vCash
    What state fan refers to us as MS State? What state fan refers to Mullen as MS coach?

Maybe I'm reading to much into those 2 things, but diehards say state or miss state. Diehards would say Mullen, not ms coach IMO
    Last edited by msstate7; 10-12-2014 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    Well, we won by 15 points. So even if the refs "stole" 14 points (which they didn't), we still win.

Auburn couldn't score in the red zone all night. We could. Ballgame.

vCash
    It's b/c that dude is a troll. Has to be

vCash
    Ask the diehard to who returned the punt for a td in the sec championship game.

vCash
    I have a relative that is a big Auburn fan. Fairly close to their program too.

He really believes that Auburn lost to MSU and the refs. I watched my DVR'd version today and didn't see the refs screwing Auburn at all.

The CBS guys didn't like a PI call against Auburn where Coates (sp) was pushing off on Calhoun. Calhound "pushed" in just trying to free himself from Coates arm. But Calhoun was step for step right with Coates before Coates' push that created the separation. It was a good call.

Anyway, I didn't even respond. State has gotten the shaft time after time for so many years (and by years I really mean decades)...this stuff isn't worth a response.

vCash
    He trollin'. He hatin'.

It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    He's just looking for comfort. Bless his heart. His little feelings got hurt .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Saw this posted on one of the many highlight videos from our win over Auburn:
    Call me crazy but how can you call yourself a die hard State fan and then go on to say that our victory was shallow?
    Sounds like an upset Auburn fan or a bear fan trying to downplay our win to me.

Sounds like a bear. But what does that last sentence mean. It really doesn't make any sense, but neither did anything else he said......

vCash
    Not a State fan. "MS State" isn't something you see our folks use. Even if it is true ( and it's not). so what? We have got hosed so many times by the refs over the years it's about time we got a little help from them. We could get every close call for 10 years and they would still owe us. I actully love seeing Auburn whine about the refs. It sure beats having to do it ourselves like we usually do.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-13-2014 at 09:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    I have a relative that is a big Auburn fan. Fairly close to their program too.

He really believes that Auburn lost to MSU and the refs. I watched my DVR'd version today and didn't see the refs screwing Auburn at all.

The CBS guys didn't like a PI call against Auburn where Coates (sp) was pushing off on Calhoun. Calhound "pushed" in just trying to free himself from Coates arm. But Calhoun was step for step right with Coates before Coates' push that created the separation. It was a good call.

Anyway, I didn't even respond. State has gotten the shaft time after time for so many years (and by years I really mean decades)...this stuff isn't worth a response.
    Even if you buy that the offensive PI call was bad, that just made up for the awful no call (that is not disputable) on MSU's drive to start the game. We both had what would have been long gains negated that basically killed our first drive of the half.

The refs definitely missed some calls, but it wasn't a game where one side clearly benefited.

vCash
    Oh one more thing, I don't think I it'so a bear either. I can't remember seeing them using "MS State" to refer to us. Has to be a Aubie.

vCash
    Heck, at least there was NOTHING in this game that compared to the first down given to Auburn a couple of years ago in Auburn when there was a sizeable gap between the ball and the stick on the measurement after a 4th down Auburn play. That was about the most blatant thing I've ever seen. The only thing Auburn can complain about on this game (including the PI call) was a judgement call or two, nothing that was black and white. And as someone mentioned our first drive was basically halted over a noncall of a blatant PI. Auburn fans not being use to seeing a game called fairly when they play us is the biggest issue.

vCash
    All this whining by some Barners means--Not Shit. You can go back in any game and find calls that could go either way. Play the fricking Game , let the Refs make their calls and see who scores the most points. Holy Shit-we gave them 4 turn overs in a row and they still couldn't beat Us. Carry your cry baby ass back to Toomers Corner, and STFU.