Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I will never cheer for ole miss, but there will be a silver lining if they beat bama

vCash

I will never cheer for ole miss, but there will be a silver lining if they beat bama

Will improve our chances of getting to Atlanta. I don't care how good we are, it's gonna be tough to beat bama at bama. Gonna need then to drop a few game. I like our chances in the eggbowl more than our chances at bama.
    But we have to beat A&M for any of that to even matter. Just win
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    I will cheer against OM, because I don't think we should be thinking about getting to ATL right now, and I don't see Bama losing two games and thus making our game with them a possible "winner take all" game anyway due to the winner having the tie breaker.

MSU needs to win, and see Ole Miss blown off the field. For the long term success of our program, that is the better outcome.

vCash
    I will never pull for OM under any circumstance. Screw them! I hope they get embarrassed.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    F*ck that. I hope they never win another game or event in any sport. Bama putting those arrogant bow tie wearing asshats in their places is and should be more beneficial to us and our program than a bearshart win! Jesus, where are you getting this thinking? Bama will lose one and we can beat them. Let's not promote another success at our potential to be a game behind. Screw them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I will cheer against OM, because I don't think we should be thinking about getting to ATL right now, and I don't see Bama losing two games and thus making our game with them a possible "winner take all" game anyway due to the winner having the tie breaker.

MSU needs to win, and see Ole Miss blown off the field. For the long term success of our program, that is the better outcome.

this

Quote Originally Posted by Bully Dee Williams View Post
    I will never pull for OM under any circumstance. Screw them! I hope they get embarrassed.

and that

vCash
    I WILL NEVER PULL FOR OM FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!!!

GTHOM and RTR

vCash
    I'm not gonna pull for them, but OP has a point.

If we win, and Bama loses... Our game with Auburn would go a long way to deciding the west. Bama losing 2 is ideal for us since we have to play them at Bama...

Not gonna pull for OM, but there is good that comes from a Bama loss.

vCash
    Guys. I'm not pulling for them. Hope they lose by 70. But if they did pull it off, there is some conciliation
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    I'm all for Bama losing a game but NOT to the bears! We'd never hear the end of that shit! They'd be totally insufferable to deal with.

I'd rather LSU beats them or even Texas A&M (if we win Saturday).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Spot. On.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Spot. On.
    The long term success of our program has literally zero to do with their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    Guys. I'm not pulling for them. Hope they lose by 70. But if they did pull it off, there is some conciliation
    You're right. And I'm not surprised that many fail to realize your actual point. Jumping to conclusions seems to be status quo by many on here these days.

Root for Bama, but if OM pulls off a miracle..at least Bama will have a loss in the SEC.

vCash
    There is no way in the world I would want OM to beat Bama, even if it benefitted us. I want Bama to BLOW them out. I'm not sure how it would benefit us, unless we beat Bama too, because if we are tied at the end of the season with Bama, who do you think would get the call to Atlanta? I can't stand the OM Football Program and especially their recruiting machine. I want them to lose every football game they play, regardless if it helps us or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    There is no way in the world I would want OM to beat Bama, even if it benefitted us. I want Bama to BLOW them out. I'm not sure how it would benefit us, unless we beat Bama too, because if we are tied at the end of the season with Bama, who do you think would get the call to Atlanta? I can't stand the OM Football Program and especially their recruiting machine. I want them to lose every football game they play, regardless if it helps us or not.
    You do realize there isn't a commitee or voters or anything other than on field record and tie breakers that decides who goes to Atlanta, right?

vCash
    I hate Alabama almost as much as I hate OM. Alabama has broken our heart more than any other team. Plus, it sucks to be in a division with a team that never loses. We need a championship. That said, I will just be happy to see either one of their asses in the L column.

vCash
    17. That.

vCash
    To quote a rabid GT friend of mine (who was speaking about UGA), "I'd root for Red China before wanting those bastards to win"

vCash
    I have thought about it and I can't come up with a scenario where I could ever pull for the fightin' bowties. About the closest I could come woudl if them beating a team was the only way we could get back to Atlanta for the SEC championship game. Even then I would be pulling for the other team to lose than I would TSUN winning. That's about as close as I can come.

Banned
    vCash
    I look at it this way. At this time until proven otherwise, there are 5 great / potentially elite teams in the West: Bama, MSU, OM, Auburn, and Texas A&M. There are also two other good teams (LSU, Ark). Bama and OM each play both of the two "good" teams on the road. Of the other 4 "great" teams, both Bama and OM play 3 of the other 4 at home. Bama only has to travel to Oxford, and OM only has to travel to College Station. Both have similarly favorable schedules going forward compared with the rest of the division, so there is really no advantage one way or the other in regards to MSU's position in the standings at this time. So, with all things being equal, root for the team you hate the least.

....ROLL TIDE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    You do realize there isn't a commitee or voters or anything other than on field record and tie breakers that decides who goes to Atlanta, right?
    I do know that. I guess I didn't phrse that correctly. What I am saying is that if Bama and us had the same record, with only one total loss and Bama beat us and OM beat Bama, then the tiebreaker would go to Bama, since they would have beaten us, head to head. Maybe I'm wrong on that, as maybe some other wins or losses would factor in?