Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another C34 "I told you so" OL thread vs LSU

vCash

Another C34 "I told you so" OL thread vs LSU

There is no dispute that many people around the country said that LSU may have the best OL in the country coming into this season. 4 starters returned plus other talent Miles has accrued.

Thru 3 games:

State 146/781- 5.35 ypc...260 ypg
    LSU 157/679- 4.32 ypc....226 ypg

Advantage State

Sacks allowed:

State- 5
    LSU- 6

Tackles for loss allowed:

State - 11
    LSU- 16

Long rushing plays:

10+ yards- State 24...LSU 15

We dont have enough stars on the OL huh?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Between the two of us, we have played one decent team. Pointless at this point IMO. I hope you're right. I hope our Oline is
    Dominant. But to be honest, I doubt they are. Serviceable will be perfectly fine in my book
    my cowbell is louder than yours

Banned
    vCash
    I wouldn't say we have played a decent team. Wisconsin cannot be compared to UAB. But I do agree that our O-line has performed well. We don't like to sit back and stand in the pocket so do not need the same type of O-lineman as some teams to be successful.

vCash
    I think that is why RC said between the two of us, meaning that out of the six games played, only Wisconsin would be considered a decent team.

Banned
    vCash
    Oh sorry RC3 i misread that... I thought he was saying we have each played one decent team. Multitasking at work

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Coach, speaking of LSU OL, have we heard anything else about their multiple player injuries they have accumulated? Ross Dellenger tweeted about Multiole linemen going down and out against ULM. Miles tried to downplay all of the questions about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alldawg View Post
    I think that is why RC said between the two of us, meaning that out of the six games played, only Wisconsin would be considered a decent team.
    correct sir
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    Shouldn't we wait to see how our OL performs against LSU before we decide that they are really good? Just wondering.

vCash
    I look forward to tomorrow- certainly will be a big test for the OL. But LSU's DL is no better than what they face everyday in practice. That makes a big difference in preparation

vCash
    Way too early for an I told you so thread. Way too early and bad timing considering we are about to play our first team with a pulse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Way too early for an I told you so thread. Way too early and bad timing considering we are about to play our first team with a pulse.
    How do we define "no pulse"?

I thought UAB and USA had pulses- we were just the better team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Briscoe and Bridge may be better QBs than Jennings. Jennings has the luxury of a SEC OL in front of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Coach, speaking of LSU OL, have we heard anything else about their multiple player injuries they have accumulated? Ross Dellenger tweeted about Multiole linemen going down and out against ULM. Miles tried to downplay all of the questions about it.
    They are beat up but they will still be solid upfront. They have 8-9 good linemen. Our DL should give them all they want though- and I'll disappointed if we don't control the LOS

vCash
    Elliot Porter is back for them.... LSU's center. That should help. But they are currently moving a guard to play right tackle.... not sure why they made that move for this week. Could be because of an injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    Between the two of us, we have played one decent team. Pointless at this point IMO. I hope you're right. I hope our Oline is
    Dominant. But to be honest, I doubt they are. Serviceable will be perfectly fine in my book
    This.

Face palm to Coach. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks everyone that reads this board is a moron. #NobodyWithSenseIsFallingForThis

vCash
    I think us having played three spread offenses and LSU is a Pro set offense this game is going to be relaxing for our defense. Not much thinking on our part. Shut the run down then they have to pass. We win if that happens. Just my opinion. Plus I want to add that LSU has not faced a Defensive line this season like they are going to face Sauturday. Our front seven are fast giants and we have debth to give them needed rest. LSU has not impress me one bit. My only concern is cheap shots by thier defensive players on our skill players and the Refs letting them get away with it.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Elliot Porter is back for them.... LSU's center. That should help. But they are currently moving a guard to play right tackle.... not sure why they made that move for this week. Could be because of an injury.
    Go back and check out Dellenger's tweets from Monday or Tuesday about the OL dropping like flies against ULM and miles answering one of the reporters questions about the OL and injuries. Miles said something along those lines, "we are still trying to figure out who the best 5 will be for this weekend."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    This.
    Sometimes I wonder if he thinks everyone that reads this board is a moron.
    I really do wonder sometimes

LSU got sacked twice by Sam Houston St. Some of ya'll would go apeshit if that happened to us and talk about how this is the worst OL ya'll have ever seen
    Last edited by Coach34; 09-19-2014 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I really do wonder sometimes

LSU got sacked twice by Sam Houston St. Some of ya'll would go apeshit if that happened to us and talk about how this is the worst OL ya'll have ever seen
    Haha, we got sacked twice against USM! So we did!

vCash
    USM got them a sack vs Bama as well