Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why you hate LSU?

vCash

Why you hate LSU?

Ok- I'll start- Louisiana people all being bandwagon fans.

Fan after fan I run into in Shreveport, will always call LSU "we". I'll be talking to a La Tech grad- and they will say something like "it's a big game for us. I hope Miles doesn't **** it up for us". I just look at them and say "mf'er you went to La Tech. Ya'll played Thursday night and won. How is LSU "us" for you?"
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    For similar reasons. Don't have time to write an essay on it, but I grew up in Natchez where LSU sidewalk fans outnumber all UM, MSU, USM, and SWAC MS school fans at least 10 to 1. 50% of LSU fanbase who don't live in Louisiana have never set foot in Louisiana and half the rest only for Mardi Gras.

Bleaux Tigers!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I hate that they've had our number. At least since the late 80's, it doesn't matter how the teams match up - they usually have won. LSU hasn't always been the powerhouse they are today. Even when we've had a better or equal team, they've just about always won.

vCash
    I like LSU. they're a fun crowd and I always enjoy going down there.

vCash
    Had a really obnoxious LSU coworker for my first few years out of State. He is exactly like you described and was a La Tech grad. To make matters worse, he didn't have a good understanding of football and just went off of recruiting rankings. IHe made very absurd arguments like "Well our Senior [position] was a 4*. He is better than your 3*", even if that player hadn't really produced for them over the years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I like LSU. they're a fun crowd and I always enjoy going down there.
    I do too. I brought a few of them to Starkville for a game and they fed me well.

vCash
    I don't hate LSU.

Banned
    vCash
    I really don't hate LSU. I hate OM and Auburn. I don't even hate Bama. But where I live, everything Coach just described can be assigned to the East Mississippi Bama fan contingency.

vCash
    there's only one team that I really hate, and I even like some of their players.

vCash
    That school that can sign a #1 position player without a campus visit. That school that bullies FOIA requests and NCAA investigations. That school that has visiting recruits thinkings its God's will that they play football there.

I hate them.

vCash
    There are many Ali U fans in Wesson, Brookhaven, and McComb. On my little street in Wesson, there are 4 LSU families none of them went to LSU. If Ali U was like they were in the 80's and 90's we wouldn't have to worry about all these bandwagon dics. I blame Saban for the occurrence of all these fairweather phucks. Also have a good friend who doesn't know who Paul Manieri or Johnny Jones are but loves his Taiga.

vCash
    Because of the purple batman that goes to every home and road game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I hate that they've had our number. At least since the late 80's, it doesn't matter how the teams match up - they usually have won. LSU hasn't always been the powerhouse they are today. Even when we've had a better or equal team, they've just about always won.
    That really got compounded when we had the Kang as the coach. Coach Sherrill was great for MSU but his records against LSU and Arkansas overall were abysmal.

vCash
    At the 09' game in Starkville, after one of their touchdown passes (mid-3rd), a "female" LSU fan who somehow wrangled tickets in our alumni section (and got stuck in the seat next to me), two-hand shoved me in kind of a "look what we did!"-type move. Her husband/boyfriend/herder was already too passed out/head in hands-drunk to back up her move. I did nothing, because what the hell are you supposed to do when a chick (in a very loose sense of the word) pushes you...however I got my revenge about 10 minutes later when she passed out on said boyfriend. He woke up...sort of...realized how billigerent he was and stumbled to the exit...I guess because he got to that drunken state where he "just had to go", probably throw up, pass out in his back seat, etc. (not judging...we've all been there)...funny thing was, he never came back to get her...for all i know that wildebeast is still passed out on the bleachers in Section S. Game ended, we all cleared out, and she was still, head in hands, too drunk to talk or move on the bleachers.

Now, that being said, not sure if I gained or lost respect for their fanbase that day.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I'm married to LSU. I don't hate them but the fact we haven't beaten them in 478 years makes it really hard to not finally drill some ****er in the ********** when I get the "look" for the 9,083,261st time in my 44yrs of living in LA when people figure out I didn't go to LSU and went to MSU. As if the only school any LA born person has ever been to is LSU, and we all know that isn't true. I don't hate them except this week. And I will hate them a lot this week and especially all day Saturday down there as I grin and listen to their 13 yr old fans yell Tiger bait at me and I give them the stfu corndog. If we lose this game I may give up all hope for us ever being relevant. It's that bad.

"Look"= oh it's ok you went there honey. Not everyone can go to LSU...

vCash
    I don't hate LSU. They are to me what Ray Rice is to Janay Rice. Yes, they beat the shit out of us, but I can't quit 'em. I sort of even like them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I don't hate LSU. They are to me what Ray Rice is to Janay Rice. Yes, they beat the shit out of us, but I can't quit 'em. I sort of even like them.
    Nice

Banned
    vCash
    Sorry, I do not hate them. They are actually my favorite fanbase.

I've noticed throughout the years that if you are jealous of a team's sidewalk fans, you are jealous that they aren't your own.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Hell, I kind of like LSU people too. They are batshit crazy, have a good time, don't judge, and just generally don't give a **** about what anyone else thinks. I can appreciate that- plus they are the cultural antithesis of all things UM... Are they a little obnoxious? Sure, but aren't we all after a few drinks and a couple of cups of gumbo?

Of course, this doesn't mean I don't desperately want us to end the streak on Saturday.

vCash
    I live in south Mississippi and every LSU "fan" I know is too completely irreversibly stupid to hate.