Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Bears latest 5 star bust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alldawg View Post
    This is why some say Luke can't coach but I am not sold yet. Three of the five you listed are first year players. They have not had time in the system to gel yet. By the end of the year, we should know a lot more about what kind of coach that man is.
    It's not the 4 and 5 stars that make me think that they can't develop OL talent. It's the kids that have been in their program for a few years and still look like a mess. Guys like Still, Bell, etc.

Really. I honestly don't know why we are having this discussion. As long as we take care of our business on the field, I don't care what the heck Freeze and Co. do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    No they get it, regarding their plans. Win February and the press conference and ride the wave into an unwarranted #15 ranking without actually doing anything on the field. Then by chance catch one of the top 4 in their worst game of the decade like LSU last year and further fuel the false perception. These are all things they live for. Hype no matter what means it takes to acquire it. Since they can't actually sustain real results hype, they choose different avenues to stay in the headlines.

Strong post. Your right, they do get it.

vCash
    He just tweeted that Ohio State is his #1 and will always be, but he is committing to OM. The rest of you can fill in the blank here on what has occurred. I sure hope he follows Vagunsils footsteps.
    Also notice that the second tweet in response was from a "Darryl Williams" which is the name of a top five center from Alabama that we are both recruiting. His tweet was "ole mi$$". If this is the same Darryl Williams, it appears that recruits are catching on to their strategy.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully Dee Williams View Post
    It's not the 4 and 5 stars that make me think that they can't develop OL talent. It's the kids that have been in their program for a few years and still look like a mess. Guys like Still, Bell, etc.

Really. I honestly don't know why we are having this discussion. As long as we take care of our business on the field, I don't care what the heck Freeze and Co. do.
    Here's why it matters. We will finish 9-3 regular season while beating them (who knows about bowl W). They'll finish 9-4, behind us again in west, with an easy bowl win and be ranked top 10 preaseason based on all these great recruiting classes. We will be 22-25 preaseason fighting another uphill battle, because we have little perceived talent. Even though reality says that most of those classes aren't top 20 classes now after attrition and strength training. The media only sees what those classes were in February. Their perception keeps their momentum on the recruiting trail, even when on field results are sub par.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully Dee Williams View Post
    They have at least 6 OL that I can think of off the top of my head rated 4 stars or higher in at least 1 recruiting service (Tunsil, Aaron Morris, Cooper, Taylor, Christian Morris, and the kid they picked up from Tuscaloosa last year or the year before). They have rated guys on the line that haven't done crap. It looks like Aaron Morris has actually gotten worse, though that's probably injury related.
    Taylor is a true frosh and is badly out of shape based on pics of him during fall camp. Christian Morris is a true frosh, has been out of football for over a year, and wasn't even eligible to play until late last week. They don't have anyone from Ttown on their roster per their official site. As I said in my original post, Cooper had some offers out of JUCO but signed with Bowling Green out of high school before transferring to a JUCO. He's also had like 5 false starts in 2 games. Aaron Morris may have been a 4 star, but I don't believe he had a SEC offer outside of us and TSUN.

My point is they're not talented on the OL, at least not experienced talent. Tunsil, Taylor, and Christian Morris are the only 3 who had a nice offer list coming out of high school, and 2 of the 3 are true frosh.

vCash
    Here's why it matters. We will finish 9-3 regular season while beating them (who knows about bowl W). They'll finish 9-4, behind us again in west, with an easy bowl win and be ranked top 10 preaseason based on all these great recruiting classes. We will be 22-25 preaseason fighting another uphill battle, because we have little perceived talent. Even though reality says that most of those classes aren't top 20 classes now after attrition and strength training. The media only sees what those classes were in February. Their perception keeps their momentum on the recruiting trail, even when on field results are sub par.

Goodness, when we finish ahead of them in the West, AGAIN, will the media really rank them ahead of us again? We have finished ahead of them in the West for the last 4 or 5 years and I believe most every time Ole Miss has been picked ahead of us in the preseason. Surely the media won't make that mistake for the 6th straight time or so.

The definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

vCash
    I don't disagree, but I could see them going 6-6 and if that happens at some point the media is going to say "hey, they have all these studs and are barely better than Kentucky."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Goodness, when we finish ahead of them in the West, AGAIN, will the media really rank them ahead of us again? We have finished ahead of them in the West for the last 4 or 5 years and I believe most every time Ole Miss has been picked ahead of us in the preseason. Surely the media won't make that mistake for the 6th straight time or so.

The definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
    This really falls on our Sports Information Department.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bama and auburn offers... Seems like a good prospect
    Not commitable offers.

vCash
    Click some ads BearSharks
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    I find it kind of funny that some of you are bashing this kid. If he wanted to come to MSU, most of you would be happy. Instead you bash the kid. If you want to go after OM, thats fine. I hate the racists bastards, but grown men and women bashing a high schooler is just sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgclub99 View Post
    I find it kind of funny that some of you are bashing this kid. If he wanted to come to MSU, most of you would be happy. Instead you bash the kid. If you want to go after OM, thats fine. I hate the racists bastards, but grown men and women bashing a high schooler is just sad.
    You realize this is a message board that talks about sports right? Nobody made fun of his hair or the clothes he wore to school.

Banned
    vCash
    You do not consider calling him a bust just as bad?

vCash
    You do not consider calling him a bust just as bad?
    Nope. Not at all.

vCash
    Last night on TV he said he wanted to go to ole miss and learn from Tunsil.

I woke my wife up laughing so hard.