Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After being at the game today

vCash

After being at the game today

And hitting the early stages of heat exhaustion twice in the first half, it is stupid to schedule day games in ms the first 2-3 weeks of the season. 6:00pm kick should be the earliest a game starts when the calendar says September. It was hot as hell out there today. And for those parents bringing your babies to a game that hot...you should be beat with a crowbar.

vCash
    Agreed as far as babies go. If you can afford the tickets then you can afford a babysitter.

vCash
    Made my wife take the baby home after being in the stadium for 5 minutes. We should never have a game earlier than 5 pm in september. Just too hot.

vCash
    We have a four month old and didn't go in. It was so hot at the tailgate we didn't last long before deciding to head home. Worst part is no one (students included) was willing to use our tickets in section 19 (for free). Got numerous I don't go in from students. I for one would much rather give them away than scalp them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    And hitting the early stages of heat exhaustion twice in the first half, it is stupid to schedule day games in ms the first 2-3 weeks of the season. 6:00pm kick should be the earliest a game starts when the calendar says September. It was hot as hell out there today. And for those parents bringing your babies to a game that hot...you should be beat with a crowbar.
    The wife and baby stayed home. 8 and 5yo came with me but left at the half with my mom after spend the first half in the upper concourse under the AC. My biggest complaint was we ran out of bottled water, asked for a cup of ice water and it was going to be a dollar ore than a bottled water. Bathroom faucet water ain't too bad and will keep you hydrated. Also, the cloud that covered the sun the second half was great.

vCash
    That cloud was a God send.

vCash
    I sit in the shade in sec 107 in the chairbacks, and I just marveled at the fans that were sitting in the sun, My hats off to the ones that stayed the entire game.There was not a noticeable breeze the entire game. If we can't make field goal and extra points with no wind, heaven help us if we have a wind. At least they would have an excuse, weak, but at least have one. I saw one lady with a baby in diapers draped across her lap, that borders on insanity.

On a bright side, the hot dogs are now world class, compared to what the have been in the past, even during the Bryan days of the Vienna sausage size dogs back then. These are almost as good as the Bryan Big Dogs we use to get at the Hump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    On a bright side, the hot dogs are now world class, compared to what the have been in the past, even during the Bryan days of the Vienna sausage size dogs back then. These are almost as good as the Bryan Big Dogs we use to get at the Hump.
    In my opinion, this is the best news of the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    +1
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Watch out. You will be called a bad fan and a ***** if you left because it was too hot. Even though the people calling you a ***** are sitting at home behind a keyboard

vCash
    I made the whole game but only because the ticket I used was in the scoreboard club and I could go get in the AC when needed. I was coming off a cold and I think I was still a little drained from it. I remember walking down the steps the first time I was dizzy and having to really concentrate to go down the steps.

vCash
    I sat in the sun in section 5. The firat half was very hot but I stayed the entire game because it was still in question and beleive it or not, if the team has to take it then its my duty to stay and tough it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    I sat in the sun in section 5. The firat half was very hot but I stayed the entire game because it was still in question and beleive it or not, if the team has to take it then its my duty to stay and tough it out.
    Congrats to you guys, toughing it out. I'm going to tell you, it was F*ing HOT. I was under the Gridiron shade, so I only got 90% of the heat...but holy hell...*clang-clang* to you guys. Seriously.

vCash
    I'm not gonna lie. If we had played like we should have and been up 30+ going into the 4th, I would have seriously considered leaving early. I'm not saying I would have, but it would have crossed my mind for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I am crying I'm laughing so hard. Beardo, you're my hero

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Here is a TOTAL old fogey post. When I was at MSU we didn't have lights. If we played in Starkville it was at 1:30 PM local time......just like 95% of all other college football games.

Banned
    vCash
    It wasn't that hot.. Get a couple of waters and man up. The 2nd half especially was nice and cloudy. There have been much hotter games in our recent past. Alcorn was worse last year. Dudy Noble gets much worse than today.

vCash
    Y'all fellars are acting like its a hundred and twenty degrees out here, hell it caint be no more than a hundred and fifteen.
    Last edited by Treemydawg; 09-06-2014 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    It wasn't that hot.. Get a couple of waters and man up. The 2nd half especially was nice and cloudy. There have been much hotter games in our recent past. Alcorn was worse last year. Dudy Noble gets much worse than today.
    I dunno man, it was 17'n hot where I was sitting. I'm not one to complain about the heat, but damn, it was oddly hot, with no breeze; I felt like scrambled eggs going into the half.

Where were you sitting? If you say "up in the scoreboard club, eating catered food and chattin' up a bird" I'm going to murder you