Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Spears just said Ole Miss has 3 or 4 first rounders on defense

vCash

Marcus Spears just said Ole Miss has 3 or 4 first rounders on defense

Uh who?

Is there a delusional Ole Miss fan writing this guy's material?

Ole Miss will have a pretty good defense, but this comment is absurd and simply incorrect analysis.

Nkdechhee will probably be a 1st rounder

Conner has a chance

Prewitt is a pretty good player, but not a 1st rounder by any stretch

And that's about it.

Furthermore, the SEC Network just said Ole Miss is loaded at running back. Last year they didn't have a running back that could pick up a 1st down in short yardage situations. Did they acquire someone new for this year?

Seriously, where does the SEC Network get their information from. This analysis is crap and not even fair to Ole Miss.

No team in the country seems to have improved between their bowl game last year and their first game this year.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-28-2014 at 10:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Seriously, where does the SEC Network get their information from.

vCash
    One of their weaknesses is the running back position. Who do they have that is a big bruising back as a change of pace from the two scat backs they have? Spears and Booger are jokes. I agree with you too that they really only had one first round draft pick on defense. It's obvious that with the hype that kimchi is getting he will go but I doubt anyone else will.

vCash
    I know Booger got all his information from the David Johnson homer hack. DJ was bragging about that.

vCash
    You guys just don't get it. This is the most loaded Ole Miss team since Johnny Vaught. Let's see what Freeze does with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    You guys just don't get it. This is the most loaded Ole Miss team since Johnny Vaught. Let's see what Freeze does with it.
    So who are the three or four first rounders flab? I give them one and that's if he doesn't do anything stupid off field.

vCash
    David kellum yesterday on h2h said there was as much hype, and expectation as Eli's senior year. I'm not as down on them as many in here, (although my dislike is just as great) but that statement is a hmmm if I've ever heard one.

vCash
    If the SEC Network's analysis of them is correct then they should be a national title contender. Just curious where the SEC Network got it's info from. Finding the holes in their analysis is like looking a big block of swiss cheese.

That being said, I expect Ole Miss to take care of business tonight. They will just out physical Boise.

vCash
    Uh who?

Ole Miss will have a pretty good defense, but this comment is absurd and simply incorrect analysis.

Conner has a chance

And that's about it.

Furthermore, the SEC Network just said Ole Miss is loaded at running back. Last year they didn't have a running back that could pick up a 1st down in short yardage situations. Did they acquire someone new for this year?

Seriously, where does the SEC Network get their information from. This analysis is crap and not even fair to Ole Miss.

No team in the country seems to have improved between their bowl game last year and their first game this year.
    I think Conner is their only shot at a first round pick. Kimdeechee is already as big as he's going to get and he's a tweener. The most value I can see him having is at 4-3 DE, and since more and more teams are switching to the 3-4, he'd have to be pretty lucky for a 4-3 team needing a DE badly enough to take him in the first round to be out there when the time comes. I'd guess round 2-3 for him.
    Last edited by thf24; 08-28-2014 at 10:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    David kellum yesterday on h2h said there was as much hype, and expectation as Eli's senior year. I'm not as down on them as many in here, (although my dislike is just as great) but that statement is a hmmm if I've ever heard one.
    I'm not down on them. In fact, I think they will be pretty good, but just not as good as us. That being said, the hype and misinformation about their team, is really unfair to them as much as anyone else.

It seems that Ole Miss hype has a snowball effect to it. It just builds and builds and builds to the point where facts and past performance can't even justify it. Hugh Kellenberger felt the need to write about Dak Prescott to limit his hype, but writing an article to limit Ole Miss' hype actually would have been much much easier.

vCash
    They have 2, not 4. #math

vCash
    Expectations baby. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

vCash
    I hope they keep thinking this because when they don't reach these lofty expectations they and others have put on themselves, they will begin to do what every fan base hates to do. Doubt and question.

If they truly are loaded and Freeze is truly high school girls basketball's gift to college football, then they should at worst go 9-3 and they sure as heck shouldn't lose to us at home. Anything less is a failure and they should be concerned about the direction of their program.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 08-28-2014 at 10:52 AM.

vCash
    Just going to take an unbiased, 3rd party source on draft projections, CBS.com. Prewitt is a third rounder, and 4th safty. RK and Conner could be 1st rounders. I don't know who else they could be talking about. (Edited, round math bad)

Pick Round Name Pos Pos Rank
    81 3 Cody Prewitt FS 4
    145 5 C.J. Johnson OLB 13
    155 5 Senquez Golson CB 21
    259 Serderius Bryant SS 10
    283 Bo Wallace QB 17
    731 Deterrian Shackelford ILB 35
    831 Vince Sanders WR 114
    887 Keith Lewis OLB 74
    904 Carlos Thompson DE 66
    995 Lavon Hooks DT 65
    Last edited by codeDawg; 08-28-2014 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    You say. They pay. Spears is on the take. The only logical explanation.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Uh who?

Conner has a chance

And that's about it.

I seriously think the guy doesn't know is from them last week he talked about their stable of power running backs and bruising QB. After he made that statement, I knew he was as delusional and uneducated as any bear fan.

Eta. Had a bear buddy tell me last night that the current OM team had 5 top 10 picks in the upcoming couple drafts. They seriously believe that shit.

vCash
    This is great! When all of these guys end up not being picked in the first round, we can point to their lack of player development. They took first round talent and turned it into late round picks. We get the most from our players so they maximize their football potential.

vCash
    Best Ole Missus team of my lifetime this year. I can't wait to watch
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Best Ole Missus team of my lifetime this year. I can't wait to watch
    The way ESPN talks, they could contend for the NFC East title this year, with a possible first round bye.

vCash
    And Ole Miss fan on Rivals.com trumpeting it as fact. Oddly, posters from other schools are still buying into Ole Miss hype.