Thread: Gattis

vCash

Gattis

This rookie is unbelievable. He just had a pinch hit hr in the bottom of the 9th to tie it with 2 outs. This is his second pinch hit hr in less than a week. Both have been huge

vCash
    Where is he from?..school?

vCash
    oh my word. the story on that guy. should have played for the aggies, went to JC, substance abuse, MANY menial jobs. Followed a spiritual guru and got his shot in MLB.

Unbeliveable.

vCash
    Signed with aTm out of high school but didnt show up. He worked odd jobs for a few years. He had substance problems. He finally got his self straight and went to a juco in Oklahoma.

vCash
    Evan couldn't get the go-ahead hr in the 8th tonight. He had to settle for a 2-run single with 2 outs. Wow

vCash
    I really don't know what we're going to do once we get all our guys off the DL. We've got a short 'pen now just to keep him up. You gotta figure Rasmus goes back down when Walden returns, but I don't see us staying with the shorthanded bullpen for any significant time. Which means that if we keep Rasmus up, which isn't that big a stretch, then someone on the bench either has to go down or be cut. Schafer is playing too well to ditch, plus he's out of minor league options. Ramiro Pena is too valuable due to his ability to play multiple positions. Reed Johnson is a proven veteran bat that can play at least 2 OF positions.

The only guy to me that's unnecessary is Laird, but for some reason we seem to love him and don't want to cut him. I get the experience argument, but he honestly isn't much better than El Oso Blanco defensively and doesn't have nearly the bat. If I were GM, I'd cut him and keep Gattis. But everyone close to the organization, including the AJC beatwriter, seems to think there's no way Laird is going anywhere. It just makes no damn sense to me to keep a past his prime vet when we've already got one aging vet at the position and a guy who's making serious RotY noise waiting in the wings.

Of course, there's also the unpopular option of shopping Mac. I don't think we'll move him, but I'd at least listen to offers. He's clearly healthy again, but I'd say he's probably only got about 3 more elite seasons left in him. We'd be selling high and could get a pretty significant return for him. Lots of tread on his tires already, even though he's only 29.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22