RPI's of opponents (sure someone would ask) 2014
    Cincinnati - 163
    Miami - 108
    Alabama A&M - 289
    Marshall - 232
    Arizona - 199
    Samford - 74
    San Diego - 64

Arizona is supposed to be better in 2015. He doesn't say where we play San Diego, I assume at home.

vCash
    We owe Samford a whooping.

vCash
    Would love to get a home-and-home with USD or SDSU.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    I still can't believe we dropped out of the Minute Maid Classic...

vCash
    I don't get playing Alabama A&M. More harm than good.

vCash
    The SEC sched, I know we play Florida and not play Georgia. So if we play S Caro and say Vandy again, I can see why he pulled out of Houston. But I would play it, too good of recruiting and fan base not to play there.

vCash
    San Diego is a good program and it would be very unlikely that Arizona is as bad as they were last year.

vCash
    We also cancelled the New Orleans tournament for 2015. I found that out months ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    The SEC sched, I know we play Florida and not play Georgia. So if we play S Caro and say Vandy again, I can see why he pulled out of Houston. But I would play it, too good of recruiting and fan base not to play there.
    I'm pretty sure we've played Vandy every year since 2007. We're long overdue for a break from playing them.

vCash
    Also, we may be trying to play a bunch of home games for the last season in the current PDS? Who knows, that may or may not be playing a role in the decision to drop out of these tournaments... Just a thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Also, we may be trying to play a bunch of home games for the last season in the current PDS? Who knows, that may or may not be playing a role in the decision to drop out of these tournaments... Just a thought.
    The bad thing about playing in tournaments is unless it's in Starkville, that means less home games.

I'm OK with doing a tournament OR a difficult opponent every year, but not both the same year and two tournaments away from Starkville is not good IMO. This year we have Arizona as our "interesting" opponent. We have fans that like to travel and have fun- but we also have fans that want to see the team in Starkville as well.

Banned
    vCash
    We also cancelled the New Orleans tournament for 2015. I found that out months ago.
    No....WE didn't cancel it. It appears the whole thing got cancelled, it's not on LSU's schedule either.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    I still can't believe we dropped out of the Minute Maid Classic...
    Because we will have a young team and Cohen doesn't want us to get our asses kicked. He wants to experiment and have our best lineup ready for the postseason, like he always does. Common sense, and I don't see why our fans keep bitching about it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by headcoach98 View Post
    We owe Samford a whooping.
    We already paid them back for 2012 in 2013. We beat their ass twice in the Polk's Classic.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don't get playing Alabama A&M. More harm than good.
    If this is true that playing and beating someone HURTS you, then we need to blow up the damn RPI, because it's worthless.

I understand that playing good teams HELPS you, and it should. Playing shit teams should not hurt you though, unless you lose.

vCash
    RPI's of opponents (sure someone would ask) 2014
    Cincinnati - 163
    Miami - 108
    Alabama A&M - 289
    Marshall - 232
    Arizona - 199
    Samford - 74
    San Diego - 64

Arizona is supposed to be better in 2015. He doesn't say where we play San Diego, I assume at home.
    Wow, looks like we have the Reds, Marlins, Diamondbacks and Padres all coming to the Dude. Cool!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Wow, looks like we have the Reds, Marlins, Diamondbacks and Padres all coming to the Dude. Cool!
    That should boost our SOS.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    Because we will have a young team and Cohen doesn't want us to get our asses kicked. He wants to experiment and have our best lineup ready for the postseason, like he always does. Common sense, and I don't see why our fans keep bitching about it.
    I agree with the part about experimenting. We won't be young though.

C- Collins So.
    1B- Rea 5th year Sr.
    2B- Heck- Sr.
    3B- Britton- Sr.
    SS- Holland- Jr.
    LF- Brown- third year So.
    CF- Robson- Jr.
    RF- Vickerson- Sr.
    DH- Humphreys- So.

If Robson doesn't make it back from injury, we'll probably use JUCO guy in the OF.

Rotation will likely be Fitts (SR.), Ross (5th year SR.), and one of the freshman phenoms from last year or Jesse McCord.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We won't be young though.
    True enough, although Cohen obviously thinks we'll be either less experienced or less talented than the teams in Houston, for whatever reason. I'm not really seeing many leaders on the squad next year. A lot of role players, just like this past year. I guess Rea COULD be a leader, but we expected it this season and it never came. We need the guy who can put the team on their back and carry them. The Vickerson or Renfroe type. And it needs to be a position player, not a pitcher.