Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check this out

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash

Check this out

vCash
    End of second paragraph..."just getting surviving"
    If you can do it, do it. If you can't, bitch about those that can.

Dubmas alert?

vCash
    So it is ok to build a 110K capacity for football, 20K for basketball, Texas starts a network, fine...But we build a new baseball stadium to keep up with others in the SEC, and it's hurting college baseball? There is going to be a lot of butthurt out there for the next few years because a lot of people will not like teams like MSU, OM, etc. having as much or more money to spend on athletics as most others have. Things have changed and they know it.

vCash
    In all honesty I LOVE being on THAT side of an argument for a change.

vCash
    What a buffoon. That was terrible.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    WTF? Why the hell should MSU care about how other small schools do? So we should just go out of our way to NOT have top flight facilities because it's not fair to everyone else? Please... I wish Alabama and A&M had that mentality in football. It's not our job to keep USM and Western Carolina competitive.

Articles like this piss me off. These writers are constantly talking about how schools should invest more in their baseball programs- then when we invest more in it than anyone ever, we're the bad guys? Give me a damn break.

vCash
    I feel dumber for having read that. The Florida guy is epic stupid.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    And you can be assured that if student athletes start getting paid it will extend to sports well beyond football and men's basketball. The judicial system will make sure of that. They didn't go through all of this Title 9 stuff to only have male athletes get all the additional payments beyond scholarships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Articles like this piss me off. These writers are constantly talking about how schools should invest more in their baseball programs- then when we invest more in it than anyone ever, we're the bad guys? Give me a damn break.
    Exactly. That article was pure garbage. That guy is as much of a journalist as Yancy.

vCash
    Every single player on the visiting team will much rather be playing at Dudy Noble than they're own park. It was true last year and will be more so when the new stadium is built.

Of course it's good for baseball. Can you imagine the first regional??! That's gonna be cool.

vCash
    I clicked on the thread expecting to hear some kind of Dub Step Christmas music. Instead, I read a shitty article from a shitty writer complaining about Mississippi State. I guess we've arrived.

Banned
    vCash

Banned
    vCash
    This Foley guy was on tv too

vCash
    Did Stephen Godfrey write that crap?

And to answer his question- yes, we all want college baseball to be better than it is.

Excuse us for wanting to be good and wanting to win championships. Excuse us for not accepting mediocrity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    WTF? Why the hell should MSU care about how other small schools do? So we should just go out of our way to NOT have top flight facilities because it's not fair to everyone else? Please... I wish Alabama and A&M had that mentality in football. It's not our job to keep USM and Western Carolina competitive.

Amen. If anything, they should be talking us up. "Look at what MSU is doing".

vCash
    It really doesn't widen the gap in college baseball one bit, because, as long as the major baseball schools only have 11.7 scholarships, the gap can't be widened. Baseball recruiting is much less about stadium size, big recruiting weekends, and fanbase sizes, as it is about scholarship money.

The team that offers a player the most scholarship money, usually has the best chance to get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It really doesn't widen the gap in college baseball one bit, because, as long as the major baseball schools only have 11.7 scholarships, the gap can't be widened. Baseball recruiting is much less about stadium size, big recruiting weekends, and fanbase sizes, as it is about scholarship money.

The team that offers a player the most scholarship money, usually has the best chance to get him.
    That's where the stipend question with big 5 gets interesting to me. We don't know what will happen yet with anything really, but if they allow Big 5 schools to give baseball players stipends for tuition, it's basically a scholarship in a different form.

I can't really speculate what they are going to do though.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

It'll get adjusted. I am not positive but I watched the LS HS All-Star game in San Diego and I don't remember Vandy having 3 players in that game. MSU did though. The scholarship issue is not an issue with these elite players. MSU is dirt cheap and Cohen and the boys aren't dumb they know how to relieve whatever small tuition might be left for them. Most of the more elite players in baseball come from families that are able to afford a little bit of college tuition fees. They've been paying way more than that to have their son traveling all over USA to play travel ball and go to showcases etc… the players are going to pick the school that best sets them up to get drafted and that has a rich baseball tradition etc.. the little bit of scholarship money they might pay is way down the list. You act like it's number one on the list. It's not. Polk went full mental about this same issue. Don't pull a Polk.**

vCash
    anytime someone writes an article that discusses college baseball and puts us and LSU in a league of our own, just accept it and smile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    anytime someone writes an article that discusses college baseball and puts us and LSU in a league of our own, just accept it and smile.
    Absolutely. Shouldn't they be rejoicing that college athletics has gone from having a Big 2 to kind of a Big 2.5? This is a recent development. Baseball will always be #3 nationwide probably but this is good for college baseball. It draws attention to it. I know the SEC, ACC, West Coast conferences and a few others are great programs but is the gap between the usual suspect big boys and the others any wider than any other sport?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!