Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Agree or Disagree?

vCash

Agree or Disagree?

Be it an extreme troll attempt or not do you agree or disagree with Coulter's column?

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/o...ecay/11372137/

Banned
    vCash
    I HATE soccer but I see this as a troll attempt, an attempt to rally the conservatives. I am a conservative myself, and I see this as a reach.

vCash
    Completely ridiculous. I read the first two paragraphs and know that. How can moral decay be tied to a sport?

And it's clear she doesn't know what she's talking about when she said there's no individual achievement. Considering Cristiano Ronaldo was just ranked as one of the top marketable athletes in the world.

Banned
    vCash
    She's hitting her targeted audience.

Its a cool thing to say "soccer you just run around and never actually feel failure" but watch ANY youth sport.

Flag football- sorry kids play the line and waddle around with their hands behind their backs

Baseball- sorry kids are stuck in RF and are subbed out every other time through the order.

Basketball- sorry kids play the required 2 quarters, get matched up with the other sorry kids on defense, and never see the ball come near them on offense OR defense. Also you can "score out" which lets the sorry kids REALLY KNOW how much they suck because you have to handcuff the talent.

Yea soccer at youth ages is running around and not "experiencing failure" but so are every other sport. By the time you reach the age where failure actually can and does get experienced in soccer it's the same age for the other sports too.

As to other points. I don't think soccer is being "force fed" to anyone. It's not being shown while other more popular sports are blacked out or anything. Espn is making a killing on the World Cup. Can the same be said about their WNBA coverage?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    I see this as a troll attempt, an attempt to rally the conservatives. I am a conservative myself, and I see this as a reach.
    Same here.

vCash
    sports is what unites this country. There's no larger sense of the word "community" than what sports provides.

first large volunteer gathering of people after 9/11 when people were worried about follow on attacks? SC vs State on a Thursday night. 55,000 people came together, waived American flags and cheered for their local team. To suggest sports is anything but good for our nation is absurd. It's damn near the only industry left that's recession proof.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastDawg View Post
    Be it an extreme troll attempt or not do you agree or disagree with Coulter's column?

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/o...ecay/11372137/
    She never fails to make me embarrassed to be a conservative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    She never fails to make me embarrassed to be a conservative.
    + 1
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    sports is what unites this country. There's no larger sense of the word "community" than what sports provides.

first large volunteer gathering of people after 9/11 when people were worried about follow on attacks? SC vs State on a Thursday night. 55,000 people came together, waived American flags and cheered for their local team. To suggest sports is anything but good for our nation is absurd. It's damn near the only industry left that's recession proof.
    Hack, you make good points here. Something I often wonder about is the bolded part - is sports good for our economy? I guess it is, if other countries are paying to see our sports. But I see sports as paid for by the middle class. Basically shifting wealth. That's why I will not go to bowl games and pad some rich guy's pocket. BUT.....if you believe that new enterprises are CREATING wealth, then it changes the dynamic. I guess I just see drilling for oil/natural gas as better than I do the Super Bowl, economically.

vCash
    Good lord she is a moron.

She actually argued about the length of a soccer game? I guess she prefers the 4 hour games of baseball as opposed to the 2 hour games of soccer.

When I read stuff like this, I genuinely think she has lost it. Not just a little bit either - Im talking she has ceased being able to hold a coherent thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Good lord she is a moron.
    This pretty much sums her up. Nothing else is needed.

Banned
    vCash
    is sports good for our economy?
    This is a wrongheaded question. It's not anymore "good" or "bad" for the economy than anything else. Sports is PART OF our economy.

vCash
    Hack, you make good points here. Something I often wonder about is the bolded part - is sports good for our economy? I guess it is, if other countries are paying to see our sports. But I see sports as paid for by the middle class. Basically shifting wealth. That's why I will not go to bowl games and pad some rich guy's pocket. BUT.....if you believe that new enterprises are CREATING wealth, then it changes the dynamic. I guess I just see drilling for oil/natural gas as better than I do the Super Bowl, economically.
    I wouldn't say that the actual sports themselves help the economy, but i think helps in the sense that people who go to a game also spend money at businesses around the area, so yes, it would pad a rich man's pocket, but will also help the working man's. If that makes sense

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    I wouldn't say that the actual sports themselves help the economy, but i think helps in the sense that people who go to a game also spend money at businesses around the area, so yes, it would pad a rich man's pocket, but will also help the working man's. If that makes sense
    Here's the thing. Bars everywhere that are showing the World Cup matches are getting a fairly large surge of revenue at a normally quiet time when they're either desperate for visits or even just closed because there's no demand.

Yesterday, I know that there were bars that weren't normally open at 11:00 AM that opened between 10 AM and 10:30 AM just to be ready for the people who wanted to watch it. This World Cup can do nothing but stimulate the local economy of bars who decided to take advantage of the situation and open up for the matches. Just my $0.02
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Of course she was writing this just to get a response. Now, I am sure sure does not like soccer and that was the cause of her writing the article but I have no doubts she threw in some of those excessively inflammaotry analogies just to get under the skin of the avid soccer fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer Dawg View Post
    This is a wrongheaded question. It's not anymore "good" or "bad" for the economy than anything else. Sports is PART OF our economy.
    barring a bubble burst, isn't being "part" of the economy inherently good for the economy? Isn't that what far right conservatives argue for? "More economy" is good for the economy? Build, build, build, bigger, bigger, bugger, jobs, jobs, jobs... etc?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Here's the thing. Bars everywhere that are showing the World Cup matches are getting a fairly large surge of revenue at a normally quiet time when they're either desperate for visits or even just closed because there's no demand.

Yesterday, I know that there were bars that weren't normally open at 11:00 AM that opened between 10 AM and 10:30 AM just to be ready for the people who wanted to watch it. This World Cup can do nothing but stimulate the local economy of bars who decided to take advantage of the situation and open up for the matches. Just my $0.02
    correct. it's the reverberating effect. If you don't think Starkville's economy is impacted by MSU sports you're wrong. Restaurants, bars, liquor stores, gas stations, hotels, grocery stores, Wal mart, etc...

vCash

She's definitely reaching here but she does make one good point..........

"If Michael Jackson had treated his chronic insomnia with a tape of Argentina vs. Brazil instead of Propofol, he'd still be alive, although bored."
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    It was satire, folks. Have a beer. Relax.

See...that Michael Jackson comment was funny I don't care who you are.

vCash
    I like any Bitch that sticks it to that liberal ass

This soccer rant is for selling books, many in the USA do like soccer and were born here, but not me. Give me real FOOTBALL