Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire - Theories Thread - **SPOILERS** for Game of Thrones Show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I believe with the Red priestess showing up at the wall that Jon will be brought back to life. Maybe she sees in the flames Davos has to go get Rickon. I enjoy Arya story but unless she is going to kill Cersi I don't understand how she relates back to Westeros.

I am very interested to see if they really killed Marcella. I know the prophecy says all the kids will die. It is interesting to see if some of the book storylines actually aren't going anywhere.
    She won't die. The sand snake with a thing for Bronn slipped him the antidote when she got Frisky with him before he got on the boat. Just as in the book, there is an attempt on her life that she will survive. What I can't figure out is where they will go. I don't think she's actually headed to KL in book so I'm thinking shipwreck maybe?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I wonder if the sand snakes have much left in the show next season.

vCash
    Someone has to rally the rest of the kingdom. Unless a lot more people show up, the Nights watch is just going to be a speed bump.
    This. The Night's Watch, even with the Wildlings, isn't in a position to fight a war with the Walkers and the Others. In the books, they were opening some of the other castles along the Wall, but they really didn't have enough men to do it. They need the manpower of a united Westeros. That's why the politics behind capturing the Iron Throne matters. And Jon is apparently the only one with the first hand experience, speaking ability, and clout to actually convince the Seven Families to band together.....if he can prove that he's really the heir of Rhaegar.

I'm really interested to see what happens with Dany next season. The group of Dothraki is led by Khal Drogo's top bloodrider who swore to kill her if he saw her again when she refused to join the Crones after Drogo's death. Of course, that was before she had burned Drogo's body and the dragons were hatched. I'm guessing he reconsiders when Drogon shows up and sets a good part of his khalasar on fire.

And I know I'm beating a dead horse by now, but I wouldn't read too much into what they change between the books and tv. I'd be shocked if GRRM and the producers haven't worked out some significant plot changes to force those of us already reading to continue to buy the books after GoT ends. We may know the ultimate end (Iron Throne Winner, Jon's parentage, the Stark family fate, Others/Walkers or Humanity triumphs, etc.), but how they get there will be pretty different. Look at some of the differences just within this episode: Arya being found out and punished for killing someone on her list instead of being blinded as part of the training process, Sam convincing Jon to send him to Maester school instead of the other way around, Myrcella being poisoned and on a ship to KL instead of being cut with a sword and staying in Dorne. Plus, simply for the sake of budget realities, it's necessary for GoT to combine plot points, characters, or eliminate some altogether. Personally, I think we'll wind up enjoying both for what they are.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    So it just hit me but could Dany be Aziz Ahari? She came back out of the flames and could the "flaming sword" be the dragons?

vCash
    So it just hit me but could Dany be Aziz Ahari? She came back out of the flames and could the "flaming sword" be the dragons?
    I'm in the camp that thinks there are multiple AA/TPTWP characters. "Three heads of the Dragon" Jon, Dany, and one other we aren't sure of yet. I've seen lots of speculation in regards to Sam.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I'm in the camp that thinks there are multiple AA/TPTWP characters. "Three heads of dragon"
    Agree with this.

In The World of Ice and Fire, there is talk of Five Forts, which is the Essos version of The Wall. That war is going to be fought on multiple fronts when time comes IMO...

vCash
    I think the 3rd head is Tyrion. Some things point to Tyrion being the child of the Mad King raping Joanna Lanister. Tyrion has always been drawn to dragons and it would make more sense why Tywin always hated him.

vCash
    5 main characters that survive until the end:
    Jon, arya, bran, Dany, and tyrion.... Per original GRRM manuscript...
    Fire - Dany
    Ice - bran
    Fire&ice - Jon
    Tyrion and Arya could go either way....

vCash
    Awesome. I didn't know that.

vCash
    I would figure Tyrion for fire being part Targeryen and Arya ice being a Stark.

From Cersei fortune does Jamie or Tyrion kill her? If Marcella is dead only Tommen left to die. I am wondering if somehow her scheming and quest for power gets Tommen killed and Jamie turns on her.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    I rewatched HardHome last night, and I heard a line that could be a little foreshadowing. When talking to Ollie about Jon, Sam says "Don't worry about Jon. He'll come back. He always does."

vCash
    Jon is coming back. Martin allowed them to make the show after they guessed who Jon's mom was. If Jon was actually dead his mother wouldn't matter.

vCash
    That isn't in the manuscript...

alot has obviously been changed since then, but the original script had Jaime ending up on the throne...and cutting a bloody path to get there while framing tyrion for most of it...

Search it out -- it is extremely interesting to read...

vCash
    I would figure Tyrion for fire being part Targeryen and Arya ice being a Stark.

From Cersei fortune does Jamie or Tyrion kill her? If Marcella is dead only Tommen left to die. I am wondering if somehow her scheming and quest for power gets Tommen killed and Jamie turns on her.
    Doesn't say will KILL her. Says will bring about her downfall. I still maintain its the Hound defeating unGregor in trail by combat.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Damn I never thought about how the prophecy wouldn't be her brother. It would be funny that she has always hated Tyrion because of the prophecy she assumed he was responsible.