Thread: Corner back rankings Espn

vCash

Corner back rankings Espn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Mullen can't recruit***

vCash
    Wow. Taveze and Jamerson are definitely both very good. I liked the way Will Redmond played down the stretch too. I think Redmond will have a chance to make a name for himself this year also.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    "So apparently Taveze Calhoun is a stud now. LULZ at State spinning the Whitehead decommitment."- NAFOOM circa January of 2011.
    Last edited by messageboardsuperhero; 06-19-2014 at 11:18 AM.

vCash
    Who really believes the Bears' secondary will outperform those of Bama and LSU this year?

vCash
    remember when everyone made fun of the Calhoun signing?

vCash
    What I find most funny is that ESPN and others have ranked our coners among the best, QB among the best, D-line among the best, our LB the best LB in the SEC, and our WR tandem among the best, yet they still rank our team at the bottom of the West.

It's apparent that when they think in details, such as individual positions, they find that we have good players, yet, when they think of our team as a whole, Mississippi State, they can't bring themselves to think we are any good.

Basically, what the media has said this summer is that Mississippi State is a team full of good players that are among the best at their position in the SEC, but due to recruiting rankings and history, they don't think we are a very good team.

In MLB, this would be like saying, "The Braves have an all-star lineup, but we think they'll finish at the bottom of the NL East."

Color me confused....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What I find most funny is that ESPN and others have ranked our coners among the best, QB among the best, D-line among the best, our LB the best LB in the SEC, and our WR tandem among the best, yet they still rank our team at the bottom of the West.

It's apparent that when they think in details, such as individual positions, they find that we have good players, yet, when they think of our team as a whole, Mississippi State, they can't bring themselves to think we are any good.

Basically, what the media has said this summer is that Mississippi State is a team full of good players that are among the best at their position in the SEC, but due to recruiting rankings and history, they don't think we are a very good team.

In MLB, this would be like saying, "The Braves have an all-star lineup, but we think they'll finish at the bottom of the NL East."

Color me confused....
    Not to mention we have one of the most experienced teams in the country

vCash

Color me confused....
    If we want respect as a team we have a chance to start earning it in just about two months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    If we want respect as a team we have a chance to start earning it in just about two months.
    I agree. It's like the media doesn't trust their own rankings.

So... I'm supposed to believe that a team that has some of the best players and units in the SEC at a half dozen or more positions isn't a pre-season top 25 team? Sure....
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-19-2014 at 10:58 AM.

vCash
    I agree. It's like the media doesn't trust their own rankings.

So... I'm supposed to believe that a team that has some of the best players and units in the SEC at a half dozen or more positions isn't a pre-season top 25 team? Sure....
    They're probably sick of getting burned from when we look good on paper and underwhelm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Yep. Reminds me of my favorite Dontae Jones quote which he spoke during the Final Four run - "They don't give respect, we take it from 'em".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    They're probably sick of getting burned from when we look good on paper and underwhelm.
    Completely agree. It's like they are saying that a Mullen can't recruit, but really can, can't develop players, but really can, and after all that, once has good players, he has no ability to mold good players into anything more than a pile of shit.

It's wild. This is where biased media gets themselves in trouble. They put out preseason rankings based on hype and tradition, but when they start breaking down teams position by position, it causes a problem when the non-hyped team starts grading out really well.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-19-2014 at 11:08 AM.

vCash
    We have to beat LSU in Death Valley this year. It's time. They lost a ton. We play them early and the streak is down right embarrassing.

vCash
    Remember when people were worrying themselves to death about losing Slay and Banks?

About the same situation on the OL for us this year IMO. I feel about the same about it -- after being a very vocal proponent of Love and Calhoun prior last year. The "new" guys on the OL have played a ton of snaps and looked good doing it, especially since people didn't even realize they were in for the most part(Robinson notwithstanding, who I don't expect to see much from). Very similar to me in how Love and Calhoun got about 33% of the snaps at corner in 2012 and no one really even noticed...

vCash

^THIS^

Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    We have to beat LSU in Death Valley this year. It's time. They lost a ton. We play them early and the streak is down right embarrassing.

We MUST beat one of the big boys. Why not start with LSU at their house?!? Dak is from Louisiana but they passed on him for trash and then came after him later when he was already committed to us. Shock the football world and 100,000 drunk Cajuns.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***