Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOOL warning

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

WOOL warning

B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I've said it before, but the scariest thing (in a good way) about both Chris Jones and De'Runnya Wilson is that they were definitely our two best true freshmen last year, yet after signing day they were the two players in that class who were considered the most raw.

Well, that could mean unbelievable things for the future for both of them. Chris Jones was arguably our best defensive players at times, and he didn't really know what he was doing. De'Runnya Wilson became a force down the stretch last year, and he was in his 2nd or 3rd year of playing football ever, still didn't have technique or crisp route-running ability.

To think what they could be this year, and certainly two years from now, is pretty exciting. We usually either have guys who are effective as freshmen but are already just about maxing out their potential, or we have guys who become really good but take a while to get there.

Last year we had two true freshmen who were already really good, and neither one was anywhere close to reaching their potential.

vCash

Bbbbut he can't be better than Nkemdashian. Nk was the no. 1 player in the nation

right?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I'll say it again.....Wilson will be the best receiver we have had since Eric Moulds. Might even be better.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    It's pretty funny that everybody thought we were insane when we all said we believed his ceiling was higher than Nkemdiche's looking back, considering that is now essentially a consensus.

And most believe Jones was better last year, which was not expected. If you're telling me Jones was better year one and also was far more raw, then I'm telling you he's going to end up a good bit better in a couple of years.

I honestly see Chris Jones as a top 5 pick in the draft; I think Nkemdiche will probably be first round but not quite that high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I'll say it again.....Wilson will be the best receiver we have had since Eric Moulds. Might even be better.
    That would be amazing, though I'm still not there yet, at least with regard to the 'might be better'. He just doesn't have the same speed or explosiveness that Moulds had, though he does have more size.

vCash
    That's the thing- Wilson can be extremely physical and cause some problems that way with DB's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If Wilson can start catching the ball with his hands instead of his body, he can be elite. That's what I hope to see from him this year. With his length he should be unstoppable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBdawg17 View Post
    If Wilson can start catching the ball with his hands instead of his body, he can be elite. That's what I hope to see from him this year. With his length he should be unstoppable.
    I thought he did catch with his hands. Did here...

vCash
    That GIF is Morrow, not Wilson.

I do remember Wilson making some pretty nice catches with his hands, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    That GIF is Morrow, not Wilson.

I do remember Wilson making some pretty nice catches with his hands, though.
    Well, I'm an idiot. I typed in Derunnya and never double checked, ha. Thanks

vCash
    I would like to see Wilson play a similar style to I think it was alshon Jeffries when he was at SC. Big, physical, and on what seemed like every catch had one arm or leg held by a defender who just physically was outmatched. If bear learns how to use that size he can be elite. There's a fairly large amount of guys with that size and athleticism, but only a few that use it correctly. If bear can, he can be special

vCash
    dammit, Nick processed this cat:

9. DL Darius Philon, Arkansas, 6-3, 283 pounds, sophomore.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I thought he did catch with his hands. Did here...

yea, that was Jameon's pass to Morrow.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Well, I'm an idiot. I typed in Derunnya and never double checked, ha. Thanks
    you idiot, I dare you make a mistake**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    dammit, Nick processed this cat:

9. DL Darius Philon, Arkansas, 6-3, 283 pounds, sophomore.
    You guys offered a grayshirt, right? Either way, I wouldn't worry about it, I think you have better DL talent than him. You just don't have Chris Jones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    you idiot, I dare you make a mistake**
    +1 ha

vCash
    reply to Smoot (edit)

yup, we got someone "better" and offered a grayshirt...

I don't know if he's as good as Jones, but this cat is a badass:

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...on_858727.html

And I'm really excited about this Frosh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...wn-Hand-125889
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I haven't been able to follow much of the spring camp but is Chris Jones exclusively a DT now or will it be all over the line? I like to think the latter--also I know he wanted and pushed for DE time last season but listen to what the coaches wanted.

vCash
    Robinson and Hand are both absolute studs. I think this is the most pure talent you guys have had on the DL since Saban's been there, just not quite as experienced as some others.

That said, I honestly wouldn't trade Chris Jones for any two DL you guys have.