Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mullen just posted another #turnup #dawgFAM 15 tweet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Weird. How does a coach's son wait to start playing football till his junior year? Esp one that has d1 talent. Either way I'm glad to have him

Maybe seeing that TE in Denver go from basketball star to football star in just a couple of years had something to do with it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo352 View Post
    I have no idea, but my guess is that he played basketball most of his life, and someone finally convinced him he had a future in football.

Paul said he grew up playing basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh94 View Post
    Apparently this upcoming season will only be his second as a football player, last year being his first.

His father is the DB coach at Co-Lin
    His dad also played db at Co-Lin and Alcorn.

vCash
    with 4.7 speed as a TE I'm not completely sold that we are offering just because of his connections although it would be a very good bonus ...but I think that might be faster than any TE we currently have (although I haven't researched)
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Maybe seeing that TE in Denver go from basketball star to football star in just a couple of years had something to do with it....
    Didn't Jimmy Graham only play one year of college football?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    with 4.7 speed as a TE I'm not completely sold that we are offering just because of his connections although it would be a very good bonus ...but I think that might be faster than any TE we currently have (although I haven't researched)
    That's probably about what Malcolm Johnson and Brandon Hill run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Didn't Jimmy Graham only play one year of college football?
    Yes, he and Thomas both played just one year. And Antonio Gates didn't play football at all in college.

vCash
    6'3 with a frame for about 30 plus more lbs. With good speed and good jumper. Good pick up. I think being a basketball player helps TEs and big WRs a ton, bc they already know how to use their butt to block out a rebounder, just got to apply it to a covering linebacker. His connections don't hurt either

vCash
    I like the pickup. Good size and athleticism.

Between his dad being a coach at co lin and Farrod being good friends with some of our big recruits I think that is definitely an added bonus. As we've learned with OM, having in roads with recruits is a major key.

I'll be shocked if OM doesn't offer by the end of lunch today. That's usually how they roll when it comes to talent evaluation.
    Last edited by deltadawg99; 06-11-2014 at 11:28 AM.