Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So apparently, Lafayette is going to save Boutte for us...

vCash

So apparently, Lafayette is going to save Boutte for us...

Or at least their fans are hoping so. I actually love this, because based on what they're saying, he is their #3 guy and is a lefty. Most feel like we will need to score some runs to beat them, and I love the idea of Heck, Henderson, Humphreys, Collins, Pirtle, Rea, etc...all in the order facing a lefty with the Regional on the line. I'm sure marketingBully will agree that this could be a good thing if they save the lefty for us.

Banned
    vCash
    Boutte is their ace, at least according to stats. As always, our chances lie with our pitching and clutch hitting. We simply never know when they come and go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    Boutte is their ace, at least according to stats.
    He's not their Ace according to their fans. He's their Sunday guy, and their fans called Robicheaux their 1A and Baranik their 1B or something like that. They're all hoping their coach doesn't waste Boutte on JSU. Wish JSU would beat em again, ha

vCash
    Jsu beat their ace 1-0. Will ull's coach roll the dice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Jsu beat their ace 1-0. Will ull's coach roll the dice?
    Apparently so. They all seem to think they will start their midweek guy that has been struggling of late...Milhorn or something like that.

vCash
    Best case scenario would be a 12-11 game that went 15 innings. That would absolutely decimate the pitching staffs of both teams. Especially considering they're going to have to win two. Just wish I could convince myself there was a chance in hell of that happening. JSU has already shown they hit worse than us. I don't see them scoring more than 2-3 runs at best. Betting ULL rolls them tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Best case scenario would be a 12-11 game that went 15 innings. That would absolutely decimate the pitching staffs of both teams. Especially considering they're going to have to win two. Just wish I could convince myself there was a chance in hell of that happening. JSU has already shown they hit worse than us. I don't see them scoring more than 2-3 runs at best. Betting ULL rolls them tomorrow.
    Yea, I'd be stunned if Lafayette didn't win by 10+ tomorrow. JSU has to be out of pitching.

vCash
    And here's the good thing about being in the winner's bracket.

Let's say they use their midweek guy and beat JSU's number three- which is likely. ESPECIALLY since I'm sure ULL is going to want some payback.

And let's say they pitch Boutte against us and win. I like our chances with Ross, but again it's not out of the question.

OK- so then we go to a game on Monday. We have Laster. Cohen probably won't pitch Holder tomorrow with Lindgren being fresh, but he'll be available Monday. We also have Gentry who is tough on RH hitters as well. We might even have Lindgren depending on how deep Ross goes. Who is ULL going to throw? Either their fifth guy or a tired starter on short rest like Robicheaux. Advantage us.

If JSU happens to pull off the Miracle in the Swamp 2.0- no way they are going to have the pitching to hold up and win two in a row against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Exactly- they've scored a grand total of two runs. And the one that was scored against us was walked in when they only had one hit the entire inning and Bracewell wasn't finishing 3-2 counts- some of which could have probably gone either way. Surprisingly their pitching and defense has carried them in this tournament- although we won in large part because they were lazy on defense in the outfield and took a couple of extra bases on them which ended up being pretty big.

The only way they lose again is if they truly just can't hit junk ball pitchers at all and JSU has just about everything go their way again.

vCash
    Looks like they've still got some quality arms left. It's not going to be easy.

http://www.ragincajuns.com/cumestats...ball&year=2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Looks like they've still got some quality arms left. It's not going to be easy.

http://www.ragincajuns.com/cumestats...ball&year=2014
    Depends on what you are looking at. The only other starter they have left worth a shit is the lefty Cadaver mentioned and since he is a lefty we should be able to score some runs. You really can't tell how great their staff is anyway since they really didn't play anyone this year. We still have Mitchell, Laster, and Lindgren. You throw those three lefties at them it should at least produce one win. I am thinking if they save the lefty for us we will win something like 7-3. I am hoping they save that kid for us.

vCash
    My thinking is with the lefty going we will have this lineup

1 Heck
    2 Bradford
    3 Pirtle
    4 Collins
    5 Rea
    6 Humphries
    7 Henderson
    8 Armstrong
    9 Britton

That lineup will score some runs.

Banned
    vCash
    Heck
    Pirtle
    Humphreys
    Collins
    Bradford
    Detz
    Henderson
    Brown
    Britton

Could we not teach Hump or Garner to play 1B over the course of the season because having both of them today would be cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    My thinking is with the lefty going we will have this lineup

1 Heck
    2 Bradford
    3 Pirtle
    4 Collins
    5 Rea
    6 Humphries
    7 Henderson
    8 Armstrong
    9 Britton

That lineup will score some runs.
    Did y'all miss the score last night? 3 runs off a softened up JSU. BWAAAAAAAAA!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns29 View Post
    Did y'all miss the score last night? 3 runs off a softened up JSU. BWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    Really? After you LOST to them and got shut out in the process?

vCash
    You are so right. Wish we were in the losers bracket. Jokes on us.

vCash
    Softened up? JSU pitched their ace against us. And we scored 3 more runs against them than the so-called "number 1 team in the country" did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Apparently so. They all seem to think they will start their midweek guy that has been struggling of late...Milhorn or something like that.
    Milhorn (originally an Arkansas signee) was a very good Sunday guy until he missed time with an oblique strain. He still has good stuff, but has been hanging pitches and been getting lit up pretty bad lately. Robe gave him a few late season starts to get his confidence back, but he's not reliable enough at this point and you guys will probably not see him

TLDR- Boutte is now our #3 guy and filled in when Milhorn went down. Boutte will not pitch against j state today

Banned
    vCash
    Your post is the equivalent of laughing at a guy, whose 3 inch dick is hanging out, while your one inch dick is poking out.

vCash
    So saying you win with Milhorn and Booty. Who's left for tomorrow?