Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSU's Recruiting Hot Board

vCash

MSU's Recruiting Hot Board

vCash
    great info. I love these types of posts that make an educated guess at priorities at each position.

vCash
    I'm wondering what we do at RB. It seems like we're still really high on both Gibson and Murphy, which is interesting. I get the feeling we may not be sold on Thomas.

I think a couple of those safeties eventually become LBs, especially McNair if we can hold onto him. I would love to see Washington move to DE as a true rush end and then have Caban, McNair and either Linton or Wilson at LB. Of course, if we got both Campbell and Joseph, that may allow us to move Washington around and use him some at OLB.

vCash
    There are other guys worth mentioning that I didn't list.

TE- Farrod Green and Kevin Marion
    OL- Donovan Welch, Lowell Furlow, and Geron Christian
    LB- Reggie Walker and Derrick Graham
    DE- Kendall Jones and Jalen Bates

ETA- I just went ahead and added them. Why not right?
    Last edited by BeastMan; 05-30-2014 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    nice job Beast.... even though he's committed, I'm not sold on Darian McNair ending up at state ... he has publicly stated that UF is his favorite since childhood and if they offer he might not stick .... if UF has another season like the last one he could hang around maybe ... hope he does because he looks like a good one
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    nice job Beast.... even though he's committed, I'm not sold on Darian McNair ending up at state ... he has publicly stated that UF is his favorite since childhood and if they offer he might not stick .... if UF has another season like the last one he could hang around maybe ... hope he does because he looks like a good one
    I agree but they offered and he didn't flinch. I can appreciate him taking his time and it shows he really likes MSU's coaches. MSU recently offered his teammate. Could help some. Either way, he could grow into a LB but MSU's safety and LB board is in good shape. I'd love to hang on to him but there are plenty of good players at those position groups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I agree but they offered and he didn't flinch. I can appreciate him taking his time and it shows he really likes MSU's coaches. MSU recently offered his teammate. Could help some. Either way, he could grow into a LB but MSU's safety and LB board is in good shape. I'd love to hang on to him but there are plenty of good players at those position groups.
    I agree. A couple of people on 247 CB'd him to Florida at the end of February after they offered, but he still hasn't made the switch. Of course, he hasn't said much publicly, but the longer it goes, the more I think we have a real shot to keep him.

vCash
    We are in 100% agreement smootness

vCash

Hey Beast, my anti virus won't let me access. Here's the message.

Trend Micro OfficeScan Event

URL Blocked

The URL that you are attempting to access is a potential security risk. Trend Micro OfficeScan has blocked this URL in keeping with the network security policy.

URL: http://3rdand57.com/msu-recruiting-hot-board/

Risk Level: Risk level cannot be displayed because active scripting is disabled. Dangerous High Highly suspicious Medium Suspicious Low Untested

Details: Verified fraud page or threat source C&C server Suspected fraud page or threat source C&C server Associated with spam or possibly compromised C&C server Rating in progress. Trend Micro Web Reputation is currently set to block pages that have not been checked for safety.

Blocked by Web Reputation, Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.6 SP3,
    Copyright ? 1998-2013, Trend Micro Incorporated. All rights reserved.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Are there any red flags with Reggie Walker as to why we have yet to offer.?? Grades, ect.. The word is if we offer he commits.. 4* DE /LB with multiple BCS offers ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'm wondering what we do at RB. It seems like we're still really high on both Gibson and Murphy, which is interesting. I get the feeling we may not be sold on Thomas.

I think a couple of those safeties eventually become LBs, especially McNair if we can hold onto him. I would love to see Washington move to DE as a true rush end and then have Caban, McNair and either Linton or Wilson at LB. Of course, if we got both Campbell and Joseph, that may allow us to move Washington around and use him some at OLB.
    As far as the RB's- I think our recruiting reporters like some of the RB prospects more than the staff likes them. We'll see.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Are there any red flags with Reggie Walker as to why we have yet to offer.?? Grades, ect.. The word is if we offer he commits.. 4* DE /LB with multiple BCS offers ..
    They want to make sure he can play lb. He's only around 6'1 so he's on the short side of what we like our de's.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

I think we take 2 more rb along with Thomas. I would love for it to be Gibson bc I think he's the best rb we're on. However I think he waits for Bama to tell him no before he does anything. Look like we will lock up 1 rb in June in Kalin Heath.

vCash
    SaltyDog, after your post and my rant, I fired off 2 more reclassifications with TrendMicro which I've done previously 15x minimum. They just emailed me back for the first time saying they reclassified it as safe. Whew I'm glad that is fixed
    Last edited by BeastMan; 05-30-2014 at 02:02 PM.

vCash
    Bump

vCash
    how is Virgil a 3 star?

vCash

Thanks BM......I knew I'd never had a problem from home with my McAfee but

every time I've tried to access from work I kept getting that message. Now I can kill more work time. Thanks BM. I enjoy the recruiting updates.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    every time I think about MSU football, I'm like...

hasmississippistatefootballstartedyet.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    how is Virgil a 3 star?
    That's his composite ranking. He's 4 star on Rivals and ESPN

vCash
    What's Gabe Campbell's story? His stats listed on 247 aren't eye-popping but he has a good share of love/hype. Just wondering if he missed some games or if I just don't know what a high school DE's stats should look like.