Thread: UL Lafayette schedule

vCash

UL Lafayette schedule

So after doing some looking at ULL's schedule I found that their opponents are a combined 579-583-2. That's with a sweep of Southern Miss, a mid wk win at LSU, a series win at Bama, and 2 wins against a decent Southeastern Louisiana team. I would like to think that we could win 50 with a schedule like that, but maybe that's just the maroon glasses I wear. Maybe we go down there and get Our asses handed to us, but I don't believe it will be b/c we ran into some big bad ULL team that hits 5 million homeruns.

vCash
    How many homeruns did our opponents hit against us this season?

vCash
    I'm sure ULL fans are excited, but even they have to be wondering just how good their team is. The bottom line is, nobody knows. We'll find out over the next couple of weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monroedawg5646 View Post
    a mid wk win at LSU
    ULL appears to be very good, but just for clarity...their win against LSU was 4-1 and it was called due to weather after the fifth inning. Obviously it still counts, but just wanted to clarify when people look at that win.

vCash
    Yep called when we had them loaded with one out. Some LSU fans said the weather saved them from embarrassment. After all it was just a mid week game and really doesn't mean much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    How many homeruns did our opponents hit against us this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMsDawg View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Mitchell match up against them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgSaint View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Mitchell match up against them

That will be awesome if it happens. I know the other big dog at this regional is ULL but stranger things have happened and our team likes to keep it close. So, all these ULL threads are making me nervous. We still have to play SDSU and I hope we aren't "asking for it."
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monroedawg5646 View Post
    So after doing some looking at ULL's schedule I found that their opponents are a combined 579-583-2. That's with a sweep of Southern Miss, a mid wk win at LSU, a series win at Bama, and 2 wins against a decent Southeastern Louisiana team. I would like to think that we could win 50 with a schedule like that, but maybe that's just the maroon glasses I wear. Maybe we go down there and get Our asses handed to us, but I don't believe it will be b/c we ran into some big bad ULL team that hits 5 million homeruns.
    While we are capable of beating anyone for any given game, we are WAY too inconsistent in the regular season to win 50 games against much of anybody. When you normally only score 3 or 4 runs in a game like we do you are asking way too much perfection out of your pitching staff to win that many.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    That will be awesome if it happens. I know the other big dog at this regional is ULL but stranger things have happened and our team likes to keep it close. So, all these ULL threads are making me nervous. We still have to play SDSU and I hope we aren't "asking for it."
    Yeah, we can't take anything for granted. I'm not disappointed in this year's team like some people are, but we are a team that is weak enough at hitting that we are always an off night from making an opposing pitcher look like a major league player. There's nobody we can't beat with our pitching and defense and nobody we can't lose to with our hitting. There are no sure wins for us even though we have a pretty good team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMsDawg View Post
    so out of roughly 540 innings of pitching there has only been 12 homeruns. That's damn good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yeah, we can't take anything for granted. I'm not disappointed in this year's team like some people are, but we are a team that is weak enough at hitting that we are always an off night from making an opposing pitcher look like a major league player. There's nobody we can't beat with our pitching and defense and nobody we can't lose to with our hitting. There are no sure wins for us even though we have a pretty good team.
    That is the paradox of this season, confidence along side frustration.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    so out of roughly 540 innings of pitching there has only been 12 homeruns. That's damn good!
    We have hit more home runs than we've allowed, which I found a little surprising since we're mostly a singles team.

vCash
    Mitchell is the perfect person to pitch against them. They hit HRs, but Mitchell's style of pitching takes the juice out of bats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    We have hit more home runs than we've allowed, which I found a little surprising since we're mostly a singles team.
    It was equal in conference play. Gave up 8 hit 8.
    We hit 15 for the year and gave up 12.

3 of those were by Sexton in 2 games.